Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Red meat vs. cooked meat

landshaft

Registered
In terms of protein intake - what do you think is better? Red meat with a bit of blood, and not fully cooked, or a completely cooked piece of meat. I know that it is safer to eat completely cooked meat, but if we take for granted that in both cases the meat is absolutely safe to eat, which one is better in terms of nutrients and protein?

Well I know for a fact you get more nutrients out of the red meat. Completely cooking means to kill some nutritional value. BUT, there's a complete difference in ground up meat and cooking a slab. When you prepare a steak you kill off the bacteria and bad stuff when you cook the outside of it. When meat is ground up for burgers, the outside bad stuff gets pushed into the inside and everything is all mixed up. So IMO eat steak pretty much rare and make the burgers pretty much well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bioavailability (a measure of how much of the protein you consume your body actually absorbs) increases when you cook meat proteins. That is why pre-historic man developed fire and learnt how to cook. Not only that, eating undercooked meat can cause food borne illnesses like salmonella.

Fully cook your meat.

In terms of protein intake - what do you think is better? Red meat with a bit of blood, and not fully cooked, or a completely cooked piece of meat. I know that it is safer to eat completely cooked meat, but if we take for granted that in both cases the meat is absolutely safe to eat, which one is better in terms of nutrients and protein?

Cooked one is better for your body and digestion, there is no doubt in that

There is no doubt that you will lose some nutrients by completely cooking the meat. However, you would get a better digestion with completely cooked meat, so in the end it is more beneficial to eat the completely cooked meat.

Do you mean like medium vs well done? Or are you talking mooing?

I see nothing wrong with having a steak cooked medium...

Being from a family who buys an entire Black Angus Cow, along with 2 Pigs, I have always cooked med-rare, with beef and well done on pork. However, we feed them, and know their entire diet. I also do wild game hunting and fishing. I have an entire separate freezer for wild game and wild fish. I can't say I have found medium rare, or well done has shown me a difference. Please understand, my son and I live off garden fresh veggies, wild Venison, wild caught yellow perch, and wild caught Waleye from March, to about January of the next year. Walleye from a store is about $14.00/pnd. I can legally catch 6 Walleye/person on any given night. We trade who get the fish every week. But, 18 Walleye, for three people is about 54lbs of fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems a bit obsessive to me. Have your meat how you like it. As long as it is safe, I would not worry about the difference in protein intake. I like a steak medium typically but will go for a nice medium-rare prime rib.

Back
Top Bottom