Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

refined oils are slowly killing us all

stevesmi

Staff
those of you in Europe and other parts of the world don't have to worry about this. but if you live in the USA you need to listen very close

i've had some podcast guests over the past few years talk about this and i didn't realize how bad refined oils were until i started to read more studies on the matter. lucky for me i haven't consumed fast food in 15+ years and i hate restaurant food (restaurants in my state suck anyway). i came across a study this morning and wanted to share. hopefully it can help even 1 person make a change in their life starting now.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/private/pdf/105496/cmtach5.pdf

this is just one of many studies showing what these refined oils are doing to us.. not just memory loss but also attention deficit which has become an epidemic in the USA.

refined oils are in EVERY single thing you eat with fast food, in 99% of restaurant food, and in just about every packaged food you get. but it isn't just the obvious things like sunflower oil, peanut oil, hydrogenated oils, canola oil, etc. chipotle for example markets themselves as healthy but they use refined sunflower and canola oil in their food, other fast food joints use the cheapest refined oils they can get which is thrown out so don't buy the bullshit. its like the old days when people used oil to light their candles in the 1800's at home and they refined it and threw out the gasoline, well when you eat that food they are using discarded garbage to preserve it the same way. also be careful with olive oil because that industry is corrupt as hell that legally they can use 50% of any oil they wish and still label it olive oil. now why do they do this? 1 word: MONEY. they could not give a rats ass about your health, refined oils help preserve food and they are cheap as hell to make, have a high smoke point, and are satiating options. that is great they want to preserve food cause a lot of people out there need to eat something so they don't go hungry BUT this is a fitness forum and we want to use rocket fuel in our bodies to be the best and feel the best, so i am gonna do what i need to do to keep you healthy long term.

yes refined oils are in everything "but steve what do i do then?"

the answer is so simple. grab a tub of UNREFINED cold pressed coconut oil. you need to make sure you read the ingredients CLOSELY. it should NOT say "expeller pressed" or "refined" ...you can buy a tub from whole foods or amazon for $20 that will last you months and use that to cook food at home. it is also extremely healthy as you will be bringing in good fats that most americans get exactly ZERO of daily. don't go to walmart or your drug store and buy refined coconut oil cause you are too cheap to spend an extra $3 or you are back to square 1. buy the real stuff. remember UNREFINED and COLD PRESSED is what it must be. it isn't just great for the reasons above, it also is amazing for your heart health, skin, hair, and JOINTS. it is a must if you weight train to get this stuff in your system and will make a world of difference. I use it in EVERYTHING i cook. eggs, rice, meat, bbq, burgers, baking, pan, bone broth, soup, salad, etc.

these are tiny changes in your life that you can make now that will change your life going forward

here are 2 brands i recommend and use myself that sell on amazon and whole foods

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-...fined+coconut+oil&qid=1638544268&sr=8-18&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Cold-...fined+coconut+oil&qid=1638544268&sr=8-19&th=1

Last edited:
Really well written but honestly, thats just to be expected from you at this point with so many years of tremendous articles that you have done! Great work brother

This is so correct they are killing us with this crap!~

They cause the problem then provide the cure the American way.

Only if 'they' force you to eat it

i had this discussion yesterday with a client who didn't understand why companies are allowed to poison us in the USA but in europe they protect consumers. beleive it or not in most of the country our tap water contains cancer causing chemicals, things like arsenic, etc. there is zero fucks given about our health. https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/ this website tells you what is in your water if you put in your zip code. i have discussed this on the podcast already.

people have to learn to read labels and ingredients. the truth is 99% of people out there have no clue how to and what to look for. and if they ask the question they get a lot of different answers from people who follow some phoney on instagram for their nutritional advice. plus we got billions a month in food advertising pushing the wrong things on tv. so people have zero chance to make the right choices. that is why i don't blame the victim here.

but what we can control is teaching people what to look for and what to avoid etc. that is the only thing we can do.

in the end the option is always just doing what i do which is buy my own food and cook my own food with the right ingredients. this way i am in full control of what i eat. there is no healthy restaurant or fast food out there so either eliminate that or limit it

Last edited:
i had this discussion yesterday with a client who didn't understand why companies are allowed to poison us in the USA but in europe they protect consumers. beleive it or not in most of the country our tap water contains cancer causing chemicals, things like arsenic, etc. there is zero fucks given about our health. https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/ this website tells you what is in your water if you put in your zip code. i have discussed this on the podcast already.

people have to learn to read labels and ingredients. the truth is 99% of people out there have no clue how to and what to look for. and if they ask the question they get a lot of different answers from people who follow some phoney on instagram for their nutritional advice. plus we got billions a month in food advertising pushing the wrong things on tv. so people have zero chance to make the right choices. that is why i don't blame the victim here.

but what we can control is teaching people what to look for and what to avoid etc. that is the only thing we can do.

in the end the option is always just doing what i do which is buy my own food and cook my own food with the right ingredients. this way i am in full control of what i eat. there is no healthy restaurant or fast food out there so either eliminate that or limit it

Roy's been here long enough not to, one would hope, fall into the category of not knowing any better. I'm also keen on people owning their mistakes. As we both know we're surrounded by a great access to info than ever before. Indeed greater than at any point in history to date. Also if we can afford PEDs we can afford to eat better.

With the recent Thanksgiving and up coming xmas an easy way of NOT eating bad fats saturated food is all the stuff that looks a tan brown color. 90% of the savory goodies we snack on at those times is fried, baked or roasted and if it's that color you can bet it's saturated in crap fats

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom