Join Evolutionary Forums


napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsale
needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Rest days why they are important

  1. #1
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    283
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    Rest days why they are important

    Rest days why they are important

    when we train we breakdown muscle tissue but also are central nervous system gets hit intensely to for optimising muscle growth you need to rest listening to your body is very important during a growth phase training 3-4 days per week is more than enough for stimulating muscle development and more isnít going to increase the rate of growth

    What Iíve found to work is high volume heavy loads do more in that session more body parts trained but give yourself more rest days

    The biggest freak to take bodybuilding to the next level was Dorian Yates who trained 4 days per week people forget rest is the most important factor here and giving your body the building blocks rest to repair the damage and come back bigger stronger than before

    Train both strength and pump for hypertrophy strength and hyperplasia pump so different rep range in your training program

    When you look at your training go by days not weeks so if you rest but day 8 you hit the muscle you didnít train during the week thatís ok because we go by days not weeks

    Signs of recovery
    Good pump
    Strength increase
    no loss of strength
    enjoying training
    no muscle pain

    big sign here when you feel your training is like a chore your joints ache and you feel weak mentally and physically this screams overtrained

    So next time think of rest days as a good thing and days no weeks when it comes to your training

  2. #2
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    283
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

  3. #3
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    52,733
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    this is also why fasting is important, your body is busting its ass to repair and recover day in and day out. giving it a rest so it can catchup to what it needs to do is huge across the board. vacations are also important to clear your mind, you will come back in both situations fresh and better then before

    bill walsh in the 80's his teams always started the season average but by years end they were crushing everyone and were blowing people out in the playoffs. why? because he was the first coach to realize pounding his teams into the ground all season was counter productive. Don Shula's teams were the opposite, 2 a days in the heat, padding practices DURING the season. his teams started out the gate hot, nobody wanted to play Miami in september in that heat. but by years end guess what happened? they started to struggle and fell apart. team was too slow.

    today nobody in the NFL has padded practices hitting each other during the season and nobody has 2 a day practices. they want their players fresh for the entire season and not great for 1 month and wearing down late in the season.

    bodybuilding and weight training is the same. DELOADS are crucial, ask yourself are you doing them? when you are young you can get away with more bullshit but as you get older your body will break down. your body will punish you if you abuse it. i've got herniated discs and a torn shoulder as evidence of that cause i used to be the 6X a week dude who trained through injuries instead of taking breaks. i also developed stomach issues since i had 8 meals a day. thankfully i started listening to the right people who steered me right but it was too late.

    and then there is SLEEP. most people reading this post get shitty sleep. when do you think your body repairs itself most? while you sleep and it must be deep sleep. if you consume stims during the day you will likely never reach deep sleep since it will still be in your system. also electronics and blue lights fuck with your brain tricking you into thinking its day. so there is a lot of things people should do to recover better
    Last edited by stevesmi; 07-25-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition/psychology
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale



  4. #4
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    east texas lake fork area
    Posts
    53
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenW29 View Post
    Rest days why they are important

    when we train we breakdown muscle tissue but also are central nervous system gets hit intensely to for optimising muscle growth you need to rest listening to your body is very important during a growth phase training 3-4 days per week is more than enough for stimulating muscle development and more isnít going to increase the rate of growth

    What Iíve found to work is high volume heavy loads do more in that session more body parts trained but give yourself more rest days

    The biggest freak to take bodybuilding to the next level was Dorian Yates who trained 4 days per week people forget rest is the most important factor here and giving your body the building blocks rest to repair the damage and come back bigger stronger than before

    Train both strength and pump for hypertrophy strength and hyperplasia pump so different rep range in your training program

    When you look at your training go by days not weeks so if you rest but day 8 you hit the muscle you didnít train during the week thatís ok because we go by days not weeks

    Signs of recovery
    Good pump
    Strength increase
    no loss of strength
    enjoying training
    no muscle pain

    big sign here when you feel your training is like a chore your joints ache and you feel weak mentally and physically this screams overtrained

    So next time think of rest days as a good thing and days no weeks when it comes to your training
    Good info brother .

  5. #5
    Beginner Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    44
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I tend to overtrain, like 5 or 6 days a week most weeks.

    Whenever I take a 2, 3 or even 4 day break, I am always "surprised" that I did not lose strengh during that "slacking off" period.

    That first training after a break is actually quite enjoyable. Maybe I should make it a habit of training less, lol.

  6. #6
    EVO V.I.P. MONSTRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,414
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Rest days are the days you grow most, because all the food you eat that day is to build and recover since you dont have any effort that burn calories .
    Thatīs why i never train more than 3 days in a row and never more than 5 days week . You need rest to grow and me ready to work harder every workout .
    I use a method that works amazing on grow weak body parts : I take a off day after i train a weak muscle , like saturday i train legs and sunday is rest to make sure all the food i eat on rest day goes to build that legs .

  7. #7
    Beginner Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    44
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    I take a off day after i train a weak muscle , like saturday i train legs and sunday is rest to make sure all the food i eat on rest day goes to build that legs .

    Good tip, first time I hear it, I'll give it a shot

  8. #8
    EVO V.I.P. MONSTRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,414
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Le_hgh View Post
    Good tip, first time I hear it, I'll give it a shot
    I start doing that one year ago and works because in past i train 7 days week no break like a maniac ( i love this sport but main goal is have results )

  9. #9
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    283
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Le_hgh View Post
    I tend to overtrain, like 5 or 6 days a week most weeks.

    Whenever I take a 2, 3 or even 4 day break, I am always "surprised" that I did not lose strengh during that "slacking off" period.

    That first training after a break is actually quite enjoyable. Maybe I should make it a habit of training less, lol.
    Exactly this is why think of it as days not weeks this is whatís supposed to happen

    Thereís just no way you can train 6-7 days and give it everything sure many train that much but thereís a difference between training hard and going purely for a pump only.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    Rest days are the days you grow most, because all the food you eat that day is to build and recover since you dont have any effort that burn calories .
    Thatīs why i never train more than 3 days in a row and never more than 5 days week . You need rest to grow and me ready to work harder every workout .
    I use a method that works amazing on grow weak body parts : I take a off day after i train a weak muscle , like saturday i train legs and sunday is rest to make sure all the food i eat on rest day goes to build that legs .
    This is it train rest train this way you give your body the day to fuel recover if you still feel tried another days rest long term goal is progressing and breaking down muscle

  10. #10
    Growing Brother LordEscanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    201
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    People who trained 6dats a week and get great results are those who can sleep 13days a week. 99.99% of people cannot do that. 4Days a week is more than enough for most of us. I totally agree.

    By the way, what would you say are minimum frequency for training to maintain your gains?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rest days why they are important
    By DarrenW29 in forum Anabolic Steroids and PEDs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2021, 11:18 AM
  2. No rest between sets vs yes rest
    By greg86 in forum Anabolic Steroids and PEDs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-20-2016, 08:13 AM
  3. GW on rest days
    By Sammyjax in forum Anabolic Steroids and PEDs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 10:40 PM
  4. rest days
    By curtisvill in forum Anabolic Steroids and PEDs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 04:14 PM
  5. Question about rest days yes or no
    By bud in forum Anabolic Steroids and PEDs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •