Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest days why they are important

DarrenW29

when we train we breakdown muscle tissue but also are central nervous system gets hit intensely to for optimising muscle growth you need to rest listening to your body is very important during a growth phase training 3-4 days per week is more than enough for stimulating muscle development and more isn’t going to increase the rate of growth

What I’ve found to work is high volume heavy loads do more in that session more body parts trained but give yourself more rest days

The biggest freak to take bodybuilding to the next level was Dorian Yates who trained 4 days per week people forget rest is the most important factor here and giving your body the building blocks rest to repair the damage and come back bigger stronger than before

Train both strength and pump for hypertrophy strength and hyperplasia pump so different rep range in your training program

When you look at your training go by days not weeks so if you rest but day 8 you hit the muscle you didn’t train during the week that’s ok because we go by days not weeks

Signs of recovery
Good pump
Strength increase
no loss of strength
enjoying training
no muscle pain

big sign here when you feel your training is like a chore your joints ache and you feel weak mentally and physically this screams overtrained

So next time think of rest days as a good thing and days no weeks when it comes to your training

this is also why fasting is important, your body is busting its ass to repair and recover day in and day out. giving it a rest so it can catchup to what it needs to do is huge across the board. vacations are also important to clear your mind, you will come back in both situations fresh and better then before

bill walsh in the 80's his teams always started the season average but by years end they were crushing everyone and were blowing people out in the playoffs. why? because he was the first coach to realize pounding his teams into the ground all season was counter productive. Don Shula's teams were the opposite, 2 a days in the heat, padding practices DURING the season. his teams started out the gate hot, nobody wanted to play Miami in september in that heat. but by years end guess what happened? they started to struggle and fell apart. team was too slow.

today nobody in the NFL has padded practices hitting each other during the season and nobody has 2 a day practices. they want their players fresh for the entire season and not great for 1 month and wearing down late in the season.

bodybuilding and weight training is the same. DELOADS are crucial, ask yourself are you doing them? when you are young you can get away with more bullshit but as you get older your body will break down. your body will punish you if you abuse it. i've got herniated discs and a torn shoulder as evidence of that cause i used to be the 6X a week dude who trained through injuries instead of taking breaks. i also developed stomach issues since i had 8 meals a day. thankfully i started listening to the right people who steered me right but it was too late.

and then there is SLEEP. most people reading this post get shitty sleep. when do you think your body repairs itself most? while you sleep and it must be deep sleep. if you consume stims during the day you will likely never reach deep sleep since it will still be in your system. also electronics and blue lights fuck with your brain tricking you into thinking its day. so there is a lot of things people should do to recover better

Last edited:

when we train we breakdown muscle tissue but also are central nervous system gets hit intensely to for optimising muscle growth you need to rest listening to your body is very important during a growth phase training 3-4 days per week is more than enough for stimulating muscle development and more isn’t going to increase the rate of growth

What I’ve found to work is high volume heavy loads do more in that session more body parts trained but give yourself more rest days

The biggest freak to take bodybuilding to the next level was Dorian Yates who trained 4 days per week people forget rest is the most important factor here and giving your body the building blocks rest to repair the damage and come back bigger stronger than before

Train both strength and pump for hypertrophy strength and hyperplasia pump so different rep range in your training program

When you look at your training go by days not weeks so if you rest but day 8 you hit the muscle you didn’t train during the week that’s ok because we go by days not weeks

Signs of recovery
Good pump
Strength increase
no loss of strength
enjoying training
no muscle pain

big sign here when you feel your training is like a chore your joints ache and you feel weak mentally and physically this screams overtrained

So next time think of rest days as a good thing and days no weeks when it comes to your training
Good info brother .

I tend to overtrain, like 5 or 6 days a week most weeks.

Whenever I take a 2, 3 or even 4 day break, I am always "surprised" that I did not lose strengh during that "slacking off" period.

That first training after a break is actually quite enjoyable. Maybe I should make it a habit of training less, lol.

Rest days are the days you grow most, because all the food you eat that day is to build and recover since you dont have any effort that burn calories .
That´s why i never train more than 3 days in a row and never more than 5 days week . You need rest to grow and me ready to work harder every workout .
I use a method that works amazing on grow weak body parts : I take a off day after i train a weak muscle , like saturday i train legs and sunday is rest to make sure all the food i eat on rest day goes to build that legs .

I take a off day after i train a weak muscle , like saturday i train legs and sunday is rest to make sure all the food i eat on rest day goes to build that legs .

Good tip, first time I hear it, I'll give it a shot

Good tip, first time I hear it, I'll give it a shot

I start doing that one year ago and works because in past i train 7 days week no break like a maniac ( i love this sport but main goal is have results )

I tend to overtrain, like 5 or 6 days a week most weeks.

Whenever I take a 2, 3 or even 4 day break, I am always "surprised" that I did not lose strengh during that "slacking off" period.

That first training after a break is actually quite enjoyable. Maybe I should make it a habit of training less, lol.

Exactly this is why think of it as days not weeks this is what’s supposed to happen

There’s just no way you can train 6-7 days and give it everything sure many train that much but there’s a difference between training hard and going purely for a pump only.

- - - Updated - - -

Rest days are the days you grow most, because all the food you eat that day is to build and recover since you dont have any effort that burn calories .
That´s why i never train more than 3 days in a row and never more than 5 days week . You need rest to grow and me ready to work harder every workout .
I use a method that works amazing on grow weak body parts : I take a off day after i train a weak muscle , like saturday i train legs and sunday is rest to make sure all the food i eat on rest day goes to build that legs .

This is it train rest train this way you give your body the day to fuel recover if you still feel tried another days rest long term goal is progressing and breaking down muscle

People who trained 6dats a week and get great results are those who can sleep 13days a week. 99.99% of people cannot do that. 4Days a week is more than enough for most of us. I totally agree.

By the way, what would you say are minimum frequency for training to maintain your gains?

Signs of recovery
Good pump
Strength increase
no loss of strength
enjoying training
no muscle pain

I agree that you need rest days for sure. At least 2-3 days per week your body needs to rest and recover, I agree with that for sure.

I have done training 6 days per week before mainly during the summer but I found my muscles weren't getting the recovery I was looking for. So rest is crucial cycle or not.

bro i will rest when i dead. rest days for poozies, this morning on sunday i climb 100 ft pole on tanker just to fly american flag. when i cum down boss made me climb it again cuz he said flag upside down disrespectful. shit i fucked up. had to climb pole again, 1 wrong step i fall into ocean 150ft. think i got time for rest day? plus i got 6 kids with 1-2 more on way. got my wife and gf both knocked up same time. no rest days for me biches

I use to be the 6 days a week with one rest day. The older I get I have realized that 4 days is plenty when you get good training days in.

Rest days and recovery are sometimes the most important factor in growth!

just to followup on this thread

the body will FORCE you to rest on its own terms if you don't do it voluntarily lol

and if you are a 20 something who doesn't believe me then you aren't training hard enough yet, wait till you are in your 30's and 40's and then watch

Back
Top Bottom