Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rotator cuff injury

fraz_732000

I have pain in my shoulders,sometimes left sometimes right but both nowadays,I can't workout my chest,shoulders specially front n side lateral raises even it's hard to wear a shirt,my Dr diagnosed rotator cuff injury n put me on rest for 3 weeks,I took medicine too, its been 3 weeks but I still feel strain n lilbit pain too,what should i do,I'm dying to hit back the gym.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm struggling with it more than one year

I would ask your Doctor for a Physical Therapy Consult.
And see what the PT has to offer.

Many times if the damage isn't Severe, a Good PT can help you................................... JP
P.S.
Look for a PT with a PhD in Physical Therapy in either a Hospital or Sports Rehab Setting.

That's "DPT" after the PT's name to denote a Doctorate Degree.

Something I'd advise EVERY forum member to do is rotator cuff work (google it) BEFORE you get these issues. I say that as someone who can no longer raise my left arm fully above my head due to restrictions and who is in a little pain after every chest or shoulder workout.

- - - Updated - - -

Supplements wise look at joint formula and connective tissue products. So Calcium, Vit D3, Cissus and Gloucosmine Sulphate

MRI.......so you know for sure. Mine only got worse over time, had to have surgery. Worst shit ever. Took a year to 100% recover. Hope it's not that bad for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tore my rotator cuff 3 years ago. I would estimate that 50% of guys who train for strength have some sort of damage in the shoulders due to wear and tear..

this is what I have learned:

1. the initial injury rarely is noticed.. in my case I would notice weakness in my arm, or it would hurt if i lifted my arm up. this did not keep me from lifting so i continued to pound away and ignored the initial signs

2. mobility work is poor in strength athletes. this is why it is important to improve shoulder mobility BEFORE the injury has a chance to happen

3. a physical therapist will teach you mobility exercises before and after the injury.. until you regain mobility you will not recover

4. surgery will be necessary if you continue to pound away and tear it more but it should be a last resort only unless your name is Drew Brees or Cam Newton

5. this injury takes a long time to heal.. what happens is scar tissue will fill in.. but if you do not let it heal it will just keep getting worse

6. you need to avoid flat bench, incline bench, militaries, behind the back pulldowns, pullups, dips, etc. you can allowed front pull downs with light weight and decline bench with light weight. also TRX pushups are okay. machine work is fine with limitations. you don't have to totally give up on working your chest, but you do need to change things up unfortunately

my initial injury happened almost 3 years ago. I was benching 400+ at the time.. after many trips to the PT, almost daily mobility exercises, thousands of dollars for MRI's and other BS. I am still not 100% and probably never will be. I can still bench 200 no problem but if my shoulder starts hurting i always stop. i cringe when i see 20 somethings trying to eek out a last rep going super heavy with poor form, as much as i want to talk to them and tell them my story it just isn't my place to butt in. but yeah continue lifting like that + ignore mobility i the shoulders and your rotator will give out eventually.. just imagine pulling a frozen rubber band apart, it will snap at some point

1. proper warmup.. not throwing 1 plate on and doing 8 reps then throwing 2 plates on and going heavy.. start out just lifting just the bar, leave your ego at home. it is totally true you need to warm up!

2. mobility!! learn the exercises via youtube or a good PT

3. proper form... don't cheat on reps cause your shoulder will give out eventually

4. you young guys who think you can do what you want without getting injured will figure it out once you get closer to 40. YES there is such thing as over training. you young punks will learn the hard way eventually cause i used to think the same way

Last edited:
If you are not feeling better then mention that to your doctor. I would have it looked at more closely. There could be another injury in there he is not aware of since it is not getting better. I know you want to hit the weights but I would not be lifting yet and risk making the injury worse. When you do get back into the gym do so very carefully and with light weights. Work your way up gradually.

You should definitely get checked by the doctor before doing anything, as you may hurt yourself even more. I can give you an example of the supplements I was taking when I had a serious case of tennis elbow, but you should still make sure you are fully recovered.

For many years I have been having some serious tennis elbow issues, which would not allow me to workout. In fact, the pain would sometimes get so intense, that I could not even open a door. During all those years nothing would help me. Then I have tried the stack of ostarine and N2Joint RX, and let me tell you that I was amazed with the results. My elbows got well rather fast, and now they feel like new. Basically, thanks to this stack I was able to start working out with full force again. Therefore, I can personally vouch for the effectiveness of this stack. Wish I knew back than that I could also stack in there some Nutrobal Mk-677 for more enhanced results - who know, maybe my recovery would go even faster.

Back
Top Bottom