Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Running ready for the European Grip Championships

Tuesday
Shoulders, arms and stub work
Iso Press Machine
to 72.5-kilos a side (1 at a time) x 6 reps
I'd prefer a seated free weight press but 'old lefty' ain't gonna let that happen. It's too restricted due to wear and tear.

Hammer DB Curls
to 80-kilos per hand (again 1 at a time). At the top weight form is loose.

Tricep Pressdowns
to 15 (stack is numbered) + 1 stacker plate (you add them to the top of the plates- eqv to a half stack plate)

Stub work
took a little longer than I expected to warm up. Had to stop on the left final set as I'd torn the skin ha ha*
LH: to +13-kilos x 2 x 1 reps*
RH: to +15.50-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Last edited:
Wednesday
At the gym for 8.20am on leg day with half an eye on the clock (I'd a 11.30am thing in town).
Leg Press
As before setting the seat to a stop higher (pos 3) makes a HUGE difference. It puts a LOT more stress on the quads. I literally feel them contract.
to 640-kilos x 6 reps. I'll stay at this weight for a week or two

Power Squat Machine
to 425-kilos x 6 reps.
Padding or not this the arms were really pushing on my right shoulder something awful.

Seated Leg Curls
to stack + 2 stacker plates x 12 reps

Leg Extension
Had to cut it short otherwise it'd have been as above.

Nail snapping
Let's just say it needs work lol. I'll have to buy a couple of bags full (about 50 or so).

Bwt: 278lbs this morning (all I'd eaten was breakfast)

Friday
Close Grip Bench Press
to 147.5-kilos x 1 rep (from 140, 142.5, 145 and then 147.5).
Heaviest I've been in a long while. 150 soon

Low cable rows
to the stack +6.5 stacker plates x 8 reps

DOTBDLTL
to 185-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

Saturday
Pick axe work
Added a 1/2-kilo (it'll be `1/4-kilo jumps once I get past the first kilo) and did:
LH: 3 x 40-seconds
RH: 3 x 50-seconds.
Hard as per but no great stressor of the CNS/recovery as it's 'all in the wrist' as they say lol

Sunday
Two hand pinch
106.45-kilos x 3 x 1 and 1 x 2 reps

Fingers of my right hand cramped on the last reps - a solid sign of a good workout.

One trick I use is to imagine I'm at the competition lifting with a ref and a crowd.

I've had plenty of practice by doing logs online for years. :D

Monday
Iso Press
to 80-kilos a side (3 reps L and 4 R). I had it in mind to not fanny about but it was a little bit too big of a jump.

Hammer DB Curls
to 80-kilos x 6 reps @

Tricep Pressdowns
to 16p x 6 reps
Cocked up with too high a starting weight and pre-ex'd the triceps via the press

Stub work
to set up +
L: 13-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (no skin tears today although it's sore)
R: 15.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps
Both up a 1/4-kilo next time

- - - Updated - - -

let's see what happens in the next couple weeks

To my mind (from experience) 3 things:

Bodyweight up.
Work rate on the bigger lifts up
Solid progress on the specialized stuff

Great log. Very detailed but not so detailed it becomes boring to follow along.

Keep it up. I am along for the ride.

Wednesday
Leg Press
to 650-kilos x 6 reps - the 'hole 3' thing really makes a difference to depth. Every Fkin Time lol.

Power Squat Machine
to 430-kilos x 6 reps (it'll only hold 460kg although I'll see if using the 50kg discs makes a difference on cycle). Powered the 1st 3 reps out.

Seated Leg Curls
to stack + 3 stacker plates x 12 reps

Leg Extensions
As above

Nail work
I need to use suede wraps as cloth kept slipping. As before the initial bend is easy

So I know when I've 'killed' my hands as they can and do cramp up in the hours after. Hence I had issues holding a fork for my evening meal ha ha

Saturday
Pick Axe leverage work
L: 3/4-kilo x 3 x 40 seconds
R: 3/4-kilo x 3 x 50 seconds
Added a Olympic collar to the load to make up the 3/4-kilo I needed (via a strap loaded to the axe end - I'm using an actual axe as opposed to pick axe and cos I'm too lazy / tight to buy another handle and make the set up (I use to have one))

I noticed with either hand that they were starting to open a little on the last set. Time under tension vs the fkin pain in the wrist is all about focus. Ever seen a timed event in strongman. The winner almost always goes last and rarely beats the 2nd place guy by much. It's 99/100 'beat that sum-bitch by 1 damn second'.

Last edited:
Events / World Records / my P B's
1. Two Hands Pinch Lift - 124.64k (Kody Burns) - 117.5k I'm No4 on the all time list

2. Axle Deadlift – Double Overhand Thumbless Grip – 20” Lift - David Horne (GB) - 187.36k. Now this is annoying. Due to issues with the bar my 195-kilo lift wasn't official the last time I did this in competition. A few weeks ago I did a test 200-kilos and Friday I did 6/7 with the so-called world record :D There's a ton of almost alike lifts online but they all use the thumb.

3. Stub Lift (one hand) - Toni Laine (Finland) - 27.15k. I think my best is around 21-kilos in training.

4. PickAxe Lever to Rear Lift (one hand) - Phil Horwood (Eng) - 7.4k for 50se. I'm in the No3 spot on the all time list

5. Snapping of two x 6” nails, or one 6” nail

Last edited:
Tuesday
It's a first when you're waiting for the welder to end welding the machine you wanna use. I even gave the gym owner a hand bolting the frame back on lol

Iso Press
to 81.25-kilos x 5/6 reps (L and R)

Hammer DB Curls
to80-kilos x 7 reps @ (felt like the right form was too loose)

TPD
to 16.5-kilos x 6 reps

Stub Work
Cocked up by adding 2.5-kilos too much. Three goes before I realized lol
Set up +
LH: 12.5-kilos + 3 1/4-kilo collars x 4 x 1 reps
RH: 15-kilos+ 3 1/4-kilo collars x 4 x 1 reps

Wednesday
Leg Press
Me and the hole 3... 650kg loaded and two reps were just awful. Back to hole 2 and 8 reps

Power Squat
to 440kg x 4 reps

Seated Leg Curls
stack + 4 stacker plates x 10 reps

Leg Extension
stack + 4 stacker plates x 10 reps

In between sets (the last 2-3 sessions) I've been coaching Johnny C.

Back
Top Bottom