sarms1.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Running ready for the European Grip Championships

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    So tomorrow (back to work Friday and I'll just stretch that day) it's speed bench, back work (I rotate the exercise) and double over hand thick bar deadlift thumbless (bit of a mouthful so I shorthand it to it's initials in my log). The bar is 50mm (more or less) thick and the thumbless grip etc make it that much harder. This is an event I think I'll be the man to beat on during the competition. I think I do more for reps than the current record (or nearly) right now. Only an issue with the bar at the last comp stopped me from owning the record now.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Thursday
    V handle pulldowns
    to the stack +1 plate x 10 reps

Close grip bench press - speed
    I was having a good day. It was gonna be 120kg for 5-6 x 1 reps as a still breaking in post xmas session but... 1, 1, 3, and 3 reps. It just felt light

DOTBDLTL
    to 182.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (stopped the 3 x 3 in case y form went to sh*t with my sore back.

*the record is a relatively low 186+ I pulled 195kg at the last comp, which due to the issue, was not an official record. If I am able to stay 'on program' I'll pull 217kg. NB: it's a thick bar, double overhand and a thumbless grip.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Thursday
    V handle pulldowns
    to the stack +1 plate x 10 reps

Close grip bench press - speed
    I was having a good day. It was gonna be 120kg for 5-6 x 1 reps as a still breaking in post xmas session but... 1, 1, 3, and 3 reps. It just felt light

DOTBDLTL
    to 182.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (stopped the 3 x 3 in case y form went to sh*t with my sore back.

*the record is a relatively low 186+ I pulled 195kg at the last comp, which due to the issue, was not an official record. If I am able to stay 'on program' I'll pull 217kg. NB: it's a thick bar, double overhand and a thumbless grip.
    Thanks for these updates. Best of luck to you, man.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lanzarote View Post
    Thanks for these updates. Best of luck to you, man.
    Cool.

The plan with the last lift (it's one of the events) is to add 2.5-kilos a week. Even if I hit the odd bump and have to redo a week or two I'll be miles passed the current record.

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Good luck man. This is very interesting to me. Very different from anything I have ever trained for.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    brother looking good....
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Cheers guys. It is, for what it's worth, something I've a talent for and I apply all the same thinking, analysis etc you would to this little niche sport.

Friday
    Pick axe work
    So the record (with a 7 or 7.5-kilo load) is 50 or so seconds. I had it with less then that got beat then this guy raised the bar. So, cos I can and I will, I'm STARTING with the time. So I did 3 sets with the pick axe alone of 50-seconds. The plan will be to add a 1/2-kilo (or even a 1/4) per week and keep the time the same. Not only does this mean I'll have the strength AND the endurance but doing three sets means one ll out effort on the day might be as high as 60+ seconds even if it leaves me screaming like a bitch ha ha. I was half way through when I thought - do the left too ya fkin idiot. I've won in the past when a fellow competitor hasn't trained their other hand. It's not as strong so I'll aim for 3 x 40-seconds.
    Last edited by Mobster; 01-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Sunday
    Two hand pinch
    One of the standard tests of grip strength (see wiki). I've, I think, the 3rd or 4th best of all time as an official lift (I rarely keep a note and have to check when asked).
    106.2-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

I might start doing this 2x a week to get the numbers up (probs on cycle)
    Last edited by Mobster; 01-14-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    your forearms must be massive lol.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abominable swoleman View Post
    your forearms must be massive lol.
    Decent but not overly large. I don't do enough volume for serious hypertrophy. With a semi pump they'll be a fraction under 16-inches. On cycle (cold) a bit over. However, in guys like Kaz et al I've seen numbers hit 18-inches but they tend to be over 300+ lbs. They are decently muscular - when I'm doing the crazy hammer curls etc you'll see all the forearm muscles doing their thing lol. My wrists are over 8-inches so if they were a little slimmer the rest would look more impressive. Of the guys I compete against here (some weighing a LOT more than 300lbs) mine look muscular by comparison. I've played on this by keeping mine covered up only to psyche them out with a reveal when I need to ha ha. Now if they were vascular too... boom game over lol

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast