Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Running ready for the European Grip Championships

Wednesday
Not the best day. Early to the gym where I killed it. Then someone cancelled on me plus an appt in town I was early for got moved back an hour. Grr.

Leg Press
to 660-kilos x 8 reps H2

Power Squat Machine
to 450-kilos x 4 reps
I have to get help when I racking the weight after the heavy set as it pushes down on me so that I can't safely re-rack the levers.

Seated Leg Curls
to stack plus 5 plates x 10 + 2 rest pause reps

Leg Extensions
to stack plus 5 plates x 12 reps

Bwt: stable at 284lbs

And so the cycle begins:
75mg of anadrol a day and 30mg of dbol.
I've an AI (I'll be using from the get go not 'as and when I see problems) here and am picking up some more bits in the next few 2 days

Last edited:
I adjusted the numbers when I realized I'd be over a gram a week. I've no desire to go that high nor can I see me doing so at this point.

Friday
Close Grip Bench Press
to 150-kilos x 1 rep. I felt like I might have a kilo or two in me.

Iso Low Row
to 120-kilos an arm x 6 reps

DOTBDLTL
to 195-kilos x 4 x 1 reps, then 2 x fail. So I'll be doing this again

Sunday
No training Saturday but we went out and did some hill walking (above Heol Senni). Once home and relaxing I had my first experience of actually feeling an earthquake! We had a 4.4 on the richter scale (7.4km down and 20km NNE of Swansea). We thought someone had hit the building and went around checking that nothing had collapsed. One ceiling tile had fallen. Only later did we realize what it was.

AM workout / Pick axe work
Fkin painful as fkin per.
Now with 1.5-kilos added to the axe
LH: 3 x 40-seconds
RH: 3 x 50-seconds

Good morning Big Fella. A blindingly good read so far and it also makes sense of all the 'stomping' around between one crazy heavy, and occasionally batsh~t bonkers, movement and the next that I'm privileged to witness. All done of course with your usual meticoulous[?] planning and execution. Looking forward to rest of log and witnessing firsthand a true strength athlete at work. Who knows you might even get me to join in! lol!

Good morning Big Fella. A blindingly good read so far and it also makes sense of all the 'stomping' around between one crazy heavy, and occasionally batsh~t bonkers, movement and the next that I'm privileged to witness. All done of course with your usual meticoulous[?] planning and execution. Looking forward to rest of log and witnessing firsthand a true strength athlete at work. Who knows you might even get me to join in! lol!

There's hope for you yet :D

I think Mark is a member of #teampowerhouse

Last edited:
Monday
Heavy weights +a muggy (warm and moist) day = brutal workout.
Iso Press
to 82,5-kilos x 5 reps

Hammer DB Curls
On both bi's and tri's I decided to up the reps so...
7.5-kilos x 15 reps, 15-kkilos x 12 reps, 30-kilos x 12 reps, 40-kilos x 12 reps, 60-kilos x 12 reps, 80-kilos x 10 reps
Bi's s/s with both press and TPD

TPD
8p x 12 reps, 11p x 12 reps and 16 = 1 stacker plate x 8 reps

Stub Work
Same as last time - almost had to restart / reset to get a workout in. Skin on both fingers sore as f**k
LH: + 14-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (of 7 goes)
RH: + 16.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (of 7 goes)

MOBSTER.... dont know if it would be a pain in the ass for you but i would sure love to see a picture or something of some of these exercises. I have no idea what some of them are....i try to google and sometimes im successful and sometimes not.

Im sure there are some pretty interesting lifts.

MOBSTER.... dont know if it would be a pain in the ass for you but i would sure love to see a picture or something of some of these exercises. I have no idea what some of them are....i try to google and sometimes im successful and sometimes not.

Im sure there are some pretty interesting lifts.

Not at al. The best place (as he's the upcoming event promoter) is David Horne's YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWorldofGrip

Two hand pinch lift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SffAE-Rvoxg
Double overhand thumbless thick bar deadlift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=777WGYWwxJI

- - - Updated - - -

You know it! Lol! There are days when I think I AM #TEAMPOWERHOUSE! ;)

Get some more posts up (a few story's too ha ha)

Wednesday
Leg Press
I used my knee wraps for the first time in years as post leg workouts my knees have been aching
to 675-kilos x 8 reps

Power Squat Machine
to 450-kilos x 5 reps

Seated Leg Curls
to stack +5 stacker plates x 12 reps

Leg Extension
to stack +5 stacker plates x 12 reps

Bwt: to 289lbs. Up 5-pounds in 5 days.

Friday
Close grip Bench Press - vol
to 122.5-kilos x 3 x 3 reps. More there

Low Row
to stack +6 plates x 12 reps

DOTBDLTL
to 195-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (of 8)

289lbs

Ah man this whole deal is awesome! I've spent so much time training isometric grips, open hand positions....really interested to move into absolute grip strength for a few years. Thanks for taking the time to lay all this out!

Ah man this whole deal is awesome! I've spent so much time training isometric grips, open hand positions....really interested to move into absolute grip strength for a few years. Thanks for taking the time to lay all this out!

I've been grip training and competing 17 years now.

Saturday
Gear or not sometimes this heavy ass stuff is a fkin grind. Take yesterdays thick bar stuff. If I got the breathing right I got the rep. If I didn't I was lucky to get it an inch off the floor. Which is annoying. But when it's ANNOYING is when I grit my teeth some more and grind the fkin rep out.

Today's is, as before, all ab out the pain as I wait for the seconds to tick off. Sets 2 and 3 I squeezed my free hand fingers hard enough into the stool I was holding so as to cause me pain - ergo a distraction from the other pain.

Quick side story (I mentioned it on FaceBook). I came across an old fella who'd fallen out out of his mobility scooter. He mentioned, as I helped him up, how big my hands were and asked me to change my grip cos it was hurting. I shouldn't laugh but... anyway

Pick axe hold work
Up another .25-kilos (so now 1.75kg added). I had a longer break between sets 2 and 3
LH: 3 x 40 seconds
RH: 3 x 50-seconds

I've been grip training and competing 17 years now.

Wish you the best at the comp!

Any recommendations for someone just coming out of the gate? CoC is the only group I know of....was thinking of just working my way up their standard grippers as best I can.

Wish you the best at the comp!

Any recommendations for someone just coming out of the gate? CoC is the only group I know of....was thinking of just working my way up their standard grippers as best I can.

Cheers. Check out (google) Cannon Power Works - they do several brands

Saturday pm
Two hand pinch
Bangs head on my desk. Honestly, I was better two weeks ago than I am now. I got my shit done but I can't be bothered saying how. It was 9pm when I finished

Saturday pm
Two hand pinch
Bangs head on my desk. Honestly, I was better two weeks ago than I am now. I got my shit done but I can't be bothered saying how. It was 9pm when I finished
Hey mate I spend a fair amount of time commuting each week and am wondering Is there any cheap bits of equipment I could use while driving to increase grip strength?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey mate I spend a fair amount of time commuting each week and am wondering Is there any cheap bits of equipment I could use while driving to increase grip strength?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I'd recommend squeezing a gripper while you're driving - sounds dangerous lol. There's that for crushing strength and then rubber bands for extensors

Back
Top Bottom