Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Running ready for the European Grip Championships

Mobster

Staff
VIP
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
So, come Saturday, 28 April 2018, @ 10:00am, I'll be competing in the 2018 European Grip Championships. I've competed in a few winning 2 (2008 Germany and 2012 Spain) as well as 4 British titles. Gear, such as it is, enables me to work harder and stay competitive in my 50's (I'm 53). I'm also quite the planner. Below are the events. I'll add in records, my PB, see what time I've got to bring up my numbers. I'll look at who is competing and, like a bookie, work out the odds. In other words can I win and how?

Events
1. Two Hands Pinch Lift
2. Axle Deadlift – Double Overhand Thumbless Grip – 20” Lift
3. Stub Lift (one hand)
4. PickAxe Lever to Rear Lift (one hand)
5. Snapping of two x 6” nails, or one 6” nail

Gear
I've a little over 15 weeks. In my gear stash, currently, I've 50 x 20mg dbol (Genesis UGL), 100 x 10mg dbol (RoidMass), a little under 100 x 50mg OxyM (ROHM) and 50 x 50mg Anadrol (same as OxyM but by RoidMass). I've other bits and bobs but these two will form the main cycle of about 10 weeks. I've also 2 x 30ml S4 and 2 x 30ml Caradarine as well as a 30ml bottle of Aromasin. I'll make arrangements to add to what I need over the next few 5 weeks. Plenty of time for getting it all together

Last edited:
Tomorrow, along with some stretching tonight, I'll train the stub lift after my leg workout. The current UK and, I think, world record is a crazy 24.49kg (about 54lbs). The stub is a little longer than the stub you put records on on a record player and about as thick (5mm or a 1/4-inch or so). In other words the area you've got to grip is tiny. And it really digs into the skin quite painfully. Anything passed 20-kilos / 44lbs is a heck of a lift. Tomorrow I'll see where I am now and then how I need to progress.

Tonight, as above, I'll do 10-15 minutes of hip and lower back stretches (both tight at the mo).

Last edited:
im curious too see what you do with all those orals could you layout how you plan to run them and are you running any test. most of the strength athletes i know just run really high sustanon and anadrol switching to flu or halo 2 weeks before they compete. for some reason they swear the water retention from the sust makes them stronger

im curious too see what you do with all those orals could you layout how you plan to run them and are you running any test. most of the strength athletes i know just run really high sustanon and anadrol switching to flu or halo 2 weeks before they compete. for some reason they swear the water retention from the sust makes them stronger

I've not yet decided even if I'll use all or any. It's just what I have.

On test - as I've posted in the past I've trained with and competed against (in grip comps) world class level strength athletes. We all used test (enth) and it did nothing for me whatsoever. I've never used Halo but I have used sust (with deca). Water retention (such as with dbol and naps) IS good for leverage.

Cheers Steve. I will do.

Wednesday
Leg Press
to 620-kilos x 8 reps with seat position 3

*I can fill this and have even gone as far as 850-kilos on this machine (700kg + a 150kg gym member on it). On the max weight sets I only push off of the safeties. The higher the seat position the greater the depth. So I recently went from 700kjg at seat position 2 to seat position 3 and am working from 600kg back to filling the machine.

Power Squat Machine
to 420-kilos x 6 reps

Seated Leg Curls
to stack +1 plate x 12 reps

I took a week off over xmas (only did pinch work) and would usually do the whole stack +7 stacker plates (about 5kg each) x 12 reps. So that's the plan now. Same for leg extensions.

Leg Extension
to stack + 1p x 12 reps

Stub work (Euro Comp event)
to
LH: +12.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps
RH: +15-kilos x 4 x 1 reps
Weights do not inc the set up (pin, clip, etc - probably 2kg)

Previously I've been doing wrist roller work (3-inch thick to 80+ kilos) but I'll focus on events only so as to win ;)

ive never used halo but have been told the 2 weeks before the comp normally adds 10-20 lbs on lifts theonly issue is from what i hear the.sides make tren look like a little bitch

and i meant too add its odd test doesent really seem to give me strength either the main bonus of it is how full bulgy and just good my bellies look

It's 'test as a base' that the guys seemed to like. Bulgy don't mean jack for lifting lol. Although, cos I liked to bench too, the water retention / leverage helped back in the day. Now it's more, if I add muscle great, but more that the gear allows a greater workload. I do have, on hand (used only on the day of a competition) some cheque drops.

So tomorrow (back to work Friday and I'll just stretch that day) it's speed bench, back work (I rotate the exercise) and double over hand thick bar deadlift thumbless (bit of a mouthful so I shorthand it to it's initials in my log). The bar is 50mm (more or less) thick and the thumbless grip etc make it that much harder. This is an event I think I'll be the man to beat on during the competition. I think I do more for reps than the current record (or nearly) right now. Only an issue with the bar at the last comp stopped me from owning the record now.

Thursday
V handle pulldowns
to the stack +1 plate x 10 reps

Close grip bench press - speed
I was having a good day. It was gonna be 120kg for 5-6 x 1 reps as a still breaking in post xmas session but... 1, 1, 3, and 3 reps. It just felt light

DOTBDLTL
to 182.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (stopped the 3 x 3 in case y form went to sh*t with my sore back.

*the record is a relatively low 186+ I pulled 195kg at the last comp, which due to the issue, was not an official record. If I am able to stay 'on program' I'll pull 217kg. NB: it's a thick bar, double overhand and a thumbless grip.

Thursday
V handle pulldowns
to the stack +1 plate x 10 reps

Close grip bench press - speed
I was having a good day. It was gonna be 120kg for 5-6 x 1 reps as a still breaking in post xmas session but... 1, 1, 3, and 3 reps. It just felt light

DOTBDLTL
to 182.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (stopped the 3 x 3 in case y form went to sh*t with my sore back.

*the record is a relatively low 186+ I pulled 195kg at the last comp, which due to the issue, was not an official record. If I am able to stay 'on program' I'll pull 217kg. NB: it's a thick bar, double overhand and a thumbless grip.

Thanks for these updates. Best of luck to you, man.

Thanks for these updates. Best of luck to you, man.

Cool.

The plan with the last lift (it's one of the events) is to add 2.5-kilos a week. Even if I hit the odd bump and have to redo a week or two I'll be miles passed the current record.

Cheers guys. It is, for what it's worth, something I've a talent for and I apply all the same thinking, analysis etc you would to this little niche sport.

Friday
Pick axe work
So the record (with a 7 or 7.5-kilo load) is 50 or so seconds. I had it with less then that got beat then this guy raised the bar. So, cos I can and I will, I'm STARTING with the time. So I did 3 sets with the pick axe alone of 50-seconds. The plan will be to add a 1/2-kilo (or even a 1/4) per week and keep the time the same. Not only does this mean I'll have the strength AND the endurance but doing three sets means one ll out effort on the day might be as high as 60+ seconds even if it leaves me screaming like a bitch ha ha. I was half way through when I thought - do the left too ya fkin idiot. I've won in the past when a fellow competitor hasn't trained their other hand. It's not as strong so I'll aim for 3 x 40-seconds.

Last edited:
Sunday
Two hand pinch
One of the standard tests of grip strength (see wiki). I've, I think, the 3rd or 4th best of all time as an official lift (I rarely keep a note and have to check when asked).
106.2-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

I might start doing this 2x a week to get the numbers up (probs on cycle)

Last edited:
your forearms must be massive lol.

Decent but not overly large. I don't do enough volume for serious hypertrophy. With a semi pump they'll be a fraction under 16-inches. On cycle (cold) a bit over. However, in guys like Kaz et al I've seen numbers hit 18-inches but they tend to be over 300+ lbs. They are decently muscular - when I'm doing the crazy hammer curls etc you'll see all the forearm muscles doing their thing lol. My wrists are over 8-inches so if they were a little slimmer the rest would look more impressive. Of the guys I compete against here (some weighing a LOT more than 300lbs) mine look muscular by comparison. I've played on this by keeping mine covered up only to psyche them out with a reveal when I need to ha ha. Now if they were vascular too... boom game over lol

Back
Top Bottom