Thread: Running ready for the European Grip Championships

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Running ready for the European Grip Championships

So, come Saturday, 28 April 2018, @ 10:00am, I'll be competing in the 2018 European Grip Championships. I've competed in a few winning 2 (2008 Germany and 2012 Spain) as well as 4 British titles. Gear, such as it is, enables me to work harder and stay competitive in my 50's (I'm 53). I'm also quite the planner. Below are the events. I'll add in records, my PB, see what time I've got to bring up my numbers. I'll look at who is competing and, like a bookie, work out the odds. In other words can I win and how?

Events
    1. Two Hands Pinch Lift
    2. Axle Deadlift – Double Overhand Thumbless Grip – 20” Lift
    3. Stub Lift (one hand)
    4. PickAxe Lever to Rear Lift (one hand)
    5. Snapping of two x 6” nails, or one 6” nail

Gear
    I've a little over 15 weeks. In my gear stash, currently, I've 50 x 20mg dbol (Genesis UGL), 100 x 10mg dbol (RoidMass), a little under 100 x 50mg OxyM (ROHM) and 50 x 50mg Anadrol (same as OxyM but by RoidMass). I've other bits and bobs but these two will form the main cycle of about 10 weeks. I've also 2 x 30ml S4 and 2 x 30ml Caradarine as well as a 30ml bottle of Aromasin. I'll make arrangements to add to what I need over the next few 5 weeks. Plenty of time for getting it all together
    Last edited by Mobster; 03-24-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Tomorrow, along with some stretching tonight, I'll train the stub lift after my leg workout. The current UK and, I think, world record is a crazy 24.49kg (about 54lbs). The stub is a little longer than the stub you put records on on a record player and about as thick (5mm or a 1/4-inch or so). In other words the area you've got to grip is tiny. And it really digs into the skin quite painfully. Anything passed 20-kilos / 44lbs is a heck of a lift. Tomorrow I'll see where I am now and then how I need to progress.

Tonight, as above, I'll do 10-15 minutes of hip and lower back stretches (both tight at the mo).
    Last edited by Mobster; 01-09-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    im curious too see what you do with all those orals could you layout how you plan to run them and are you running any test. most of the strength athletes i know just run really high sustanon and anadrol switching to flu or halo 2 weeks before they compete. for some reason they swear the water retention from the sust makes them stronger

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    brother looking awesome...this will be a great log
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abominable swoleman View Post
    im curious too see what you do with all those orals could you layout how you plan to run them and are you running any test. most of the strength athletes i know just run really high sustanon and anadrol switching to flu or halo 2 weeks before they compete. for some reason they swear the water retention from the sust makes them stronger
    I've not yet decided even if I'll use all or any. It's just what I have.

On test - as I've posted in the past I've trained with and competed against (in grip comps) world class level strength athletes. We all used test (enth) and it did nothing for me whatsoever. I've never used Halo but I have used sust (with deca). Water retention (such as with dbol and naps) IS good for leverage.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I'm a big fan of roidmass products. they will be good to you on this journey, let us know how it goes
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Cheers Steve. I will do.

Wednesday
    Leg Press
    to 620-kilos x 8 reps with seat position 3

*I can fill this and have even gone as far as 850-kilos on this machine (700kg + a 150kg gym member on it). On the max weight sets I only push off of the safeties. The higher the seat position the greater the depth. So I recently went from 700kjg at seat position 2 to seat position 3 and am working from 600kg back to filling the machine.

Power Squat Machine
    to 420-kilos x 6 reps

Seated Leg Curls
    to stack +1 plate x 12 reps

I took a week off over xmas (only did pinch work) and would usually do the whole stack +7 stacker plates (about 5kg each) x 12 reps. So that's the plan now. Same for leg extensions.

Leg Extension
    to stack + 1p x 12 reps

Stub work (Euro Comp event)
    to
    LH: +12.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps
    RH: +15-kilos x 4 x 1 reps
    Weights do not inc the set up (pin, clip, etc - probably 2kg)

Previously I've been doing wrist roller work (3-inch thick to 80+ kilos) but I'll focus on events only so as to win

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I've had products in my cart for 3 weeks. I keep seeing great reviews but have also seen scam alerts for this site. Need some assurance so I can continue to support you guys and share some success stories as well. Assuming this means it's completely safe to confirm that purchase.

By the way, definitely will be watching for updates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleBeast View Post
    I've had products in my cart for 3 weeks. I keep seeing great reviews but have also seen scam alerts for this site. Need some assurance so I can continue to support you guys and share some success stories as well. Assuming this means it's completely safe to confirm that purchase.

brother roidmass is straight legit....
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleBeast View Post

Three more days and we will see lol.

The whole legit not legit thing is as much made up of actual solid products (does the pill contain the drug) as it does forum vs forum and company a vs company b saying that the others are shit and we're great. It comes down to money pure and simple.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast