needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seafood

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Seafood

Just out of curiosity, what foods do you typically eat for your protein? Specifically, how much of it has been from fish or seafood? What types of seafood? Also, are you bulking, or cutting, and are you currently on cycle?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    it varies for me man.

during mackerel season i will eat fish almost everyday, when they aren't biting i don't eat fish. that is exactly how it should be, we evolved to eat when food was available and eat when it wasn't available.. that is why having restaurants and grocery stores is making us so fat where we eat too much.. but that is a topic for another day

i think people are surprised when they hear how much meat i actually eat.. it isn't as much as you might think

i will have 2-3 whole eggs a day maybe half the days of the week. and a lot of days i might not even eat any meat. i actually went 2 months recently without any meat.

the actual amount of protein you need as a weight lifter is way less than you think. .6g per pound of bw. that means a 200 pound guy only needs 120g a day. that flies in the face of what you hear 90% of the time on these forums but it has been backed by studies and my own personal experiences
    Last edited by stevesmi; 02-11-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    it varies for me man.

during mackerel season i will eat fish almost everyday, when they aren't biting i don't eat fish. that is exactly how it should be, we evolved to eat when food was available and eat when it wasn't available.. that is why having restaurants and grocery stores is making us so fat where we eat too much.. but that is a topic for another day

i think people are surprised when they hear how much meat i actually eat.. it isn't as much as you might think

i will have 2-3 whole eggs a day maybe half the days of the week. and a lot of days i might not even eat any meat. i actually went 2 months recently without any meat.

the actual amount of protein you need as a weight lifter is way less than you think. .6g per pound of bw. that means a 200 pound guy only needs 120g a day. that flies in the face of what you hear 90% of the time on these forums but it has been backed by studies and my own personal experiences
    Nice. If you could get your hands on one of those studies about lower than expected protein, and post a link, I'd love to read it.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    There is no bad form of seafood...just make sure it's WILD CAUGHT. I wouldn't feed farm raised fish to my worst enemy. It will clearly state on the label 'wild caught'

Wild caught fish is raised in the ocean. Those fish will have been raised eating what fish should be eating...algae, plankton, minos etc

Farm raised fish is raised in over polluted fish farms. The fish are fed GMO soy and corn.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    definitely agree with muskate about making sure its wild caught... thats for starters..

i stick to white fish... i dont really eat any of the fattier fish, like salmon, i just simply dont like it but it doesnt fall into my goals of staying at single digit body fat year round... cod is one that i eat the most of because its lean, its not crazy expensive and it tastes great... i definitely LOVE halibut and sea bass as well.. pollock is a more affordable and clean option as well and snapper is another that i like but one of my favorites is calamari and NOT the fried kind but a real calamari steak... you have to be PIN POINT on how you cook it or its ruined but man, when i lived in Maui, i used to get the BEST fresh calamari and for the life of me, i cannot explain but i would wake up so dry EVERY DAMN TIME i ate it that i got addicted to it!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lanzarote View Post
    Nice. If you could get your hands on one of those studies about lower than expected protein, and post a link, I'd love to read it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlo9QRMWNjI&t=1s check the post under the video, there are studies listed
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Chicken breast, tuna from the can, and I crush 12 whole eggs a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Tuna and Salmon for me. I need to up my current intake

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lanzarote View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what foods do you typically eat for your protein? Specifically, how much of it has been from fish or seafood? What types of seafood? Also, are you bulking, or cutting, and are you currently on cycle?
    i always have in atleast 1 cold water high in omega 3 fish meals a day, when cutting or trying to lose fat i always switch from poultry to fish the last few weeks

- - - Updated - - -

and when cutting 6oz of meat 6x per day when bulking its normally 8-10oz

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I don't eat seafood very often. I enjoy salmon and have the odd can of tuna but that is it.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) or PM if you are interested in SYN Pharma products***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast