Join Evolutionary Forums

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsale
needtobuildmuscle

Thread: Self Administered Blood Donation. Any self-stick & dumpers out there?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Self Administered Blood Donation. Any self-stick & dumpers out there?

Crazy question, I know. But hereís the thing - I canít get the donation centres to take my blood. I told them about an anti-convulsant I take and now Iím on their list of NO-GOís. I donít mind needles at all. Surely someone has done this themselves, no???

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Nothing I would try.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    uh no.......

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    haha I love the enthusiasm for the idea . But of all the risky things we do, how would this even come close to the top of the list, pumping and dumping say 250ml e3m?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    do whatever you want bro... thats on you

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Action View Post
    Crazy question, I know. But hereís the thing - I canít get the donation centres to take my blood. I told them about an anti-convulsant I take and now Iím on their list of NO-GOís. I donít mind needles at all. Surely someone has done this themselves, no???
    I have never done it but it is something I have considered also, as I have a couple things that disqualify me from donating also. The biggest problem I have seen is logistically it's just complicated. Blood draw equipment is not easy to find and its not something you really want rig together due to things like risk of infection, phlebitis is no joke especially for a competitor because it involves a lot of swelling and makes training difficult. If you could find an IV set up and start an IV on yourself it would work but then its really not something you would want to guess how much blood is let out. So you would have to figure out a way to very strictly monitor blood flow. The conclusion I came to is that even as a former paramedic, its not something that I would try unless I knew for sure that it was medically necessary and I had exhausted every other avenue. My suggestion is to find a DR that you can be completely honest with and is on board with what you're planning if you haven't already. Monitor closely with blood work and if it comes to a point where hematocrit is so high that it's medically needed, work with your Dr to come up with a solution. Stay away from a self blood draw especially if you don't have some kind of medical training and have at least started an IV or done a blood draw before.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrt4life View Post
    I have never done it but it is something I have considered also, as I have a couple things that disqualify me from donating also. The biggest problem I have seen is logistically it's just complicated. Blood draw equipment is not easy to find and its not something you really want rig together due to things like risk of infection, phlebitis is no joke especially for a competitor because it involves a lot of swelling and makes training difficult. If you could find an IV set up and start an IV on yourself it would work but then its really not something you would want to guess how much blood is let out. So you would have to figure out a way to very strictly monitor blood flow. The conclusion I came to is that even as a former paramedic, its not something that I would try unless I knew for sure that it was medically necessary and I had exhausted every other avenue. My suggestion is to find a DR that you can be completely honest with and is on board with what you're planning if you haven't already. Monitor closely with blood work and if it comes to a point where hematocrit is so high that it's medically needed, work with your Dr to come up with a solution. Stay away from a self blood draw especially if you don't have some kind of medical training and have at least started an IV or done a blood draw before.
    Thanks bro. Thatís an education. Iím off the idea.