Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should i avoid cardio on cycle?

buliusep

Registered
I've spoken to a bunch of guys at the gym who used steroids and most of them say that I should be avoiding cardio. They say that it burns muscle and keeps you from gaining strength.
I've never used steroids but I'm planning on using testosterone propionate.
how much cardio do you think I should be doing on this cycle

I've spoken to a bunch of guys at the gym who used steroids and most of them say that I should be avoiding cardio. They say that it burns muscle and keeps you from gaining strength.
i recommend 3-4 days a week, 30-45 minutes... for everyone... cardio is EXTREMELY important and everyone needs to implement it someway

Last edited:
Cardiovascular training is very important for your overall health. There are mythical concepts about it losing your gains and that is not factual unless you are under eating and over training. You just have to have the right balance and that goes with everything that you do

You should do cardio post workout 20 minutes up an incline 5-7 and speed 2.1-2.2 treadmill, that will help you stay lean and burn fat.

Well, this is one where I have a completely opposite point of view.

I think bodybuilders very often work against their own goals. And cardio is one of those things that works against the goal of building muscle.

To me, walking, biking and training provides all the cardio you need to be healthy and fit. Now, if you want to train for a sport that requires extraordinary endurane, then you obviously need to train for that purpose. But if the goal is to build muscle too much cardio will slow your progress.

I offered a challenge a while back (which nobody took me up on) of doing 20 reps of squats with just 100 pounds, resting 30 seconds and doing it again for 10 sets. Lots of guys who jog miles a day would have a hard time with that.

If someone likes cardio, then by all means I'm not out to tell them not to do it. it's better than nothing. I know for myself, I don't like it, I don't do it and I don't need it. I did a stress test where they had to keep pushing the speed of the threadmill because my heart rate wouldn't go up enough. So obviously, my heart is fine. And at almost 68 years of age my bodyfat is 12%. With no cardio.

So there. : )

cardio doesn't burn muscle, that is a myth

cardio is important to build a strong heart, that is a fact

you can strap a HR monitor and see where your resting HR is. if it isn't under 60 then you are flat out, out of shape and have no business using steroids in the first place. same goes for if you cannot even run a mile in under 8 minutes. unless you are a top notch pro there is no excuse for not having top heart health

now here is where i differ from many people on this subject. there are low impact types of cardio to do that won't wreck your soft tissues, knees, feet, hips, etc. things like pyro pilates, hot yoga, and LSD running barefoot on grass are good options. running on side walk is a bad idea

Cardio is good for general health but it can slow progress on building muscle. That is true. Ive experimented on myself enough times to know this is very true. For that reason when in a gaining phase I leave it out. If maintaining or cutting I leave it in

cardio doesn't burn muscle, that is a myth

cardio is important to build a strong heart, that is a fact

you can strap a HR monitor and see where your resting HR is. if it isn't under 60 then you are flat out, out of shape and have no business using steroids in the first place. same goes for if you cannot even run a mile in under 8 minutes. unless you are a top notch pro there is no excuse for not having top heart health

now here is where i differ from many people on this subject. there are low impact types of cardio to do that won't wreck your soft tissues, knees, feet, hips, etc. things like pyro pilates, hot yoga, and LSD running barefoot on grass are good options. running on side walk is a bad idea

What is a myth is thinking that cardio is better for your heart than other type of exercise.

Just enough to stay fit.

The problem is a LOT of the really big guys are unfit and do have piss poor heart condition. QED all those big guys dying. If I did not do my daily steps (min 6000) I'm sure mine would not be good at 300+

The problem is a LOT of the really big guys are unfit and do have piss poor heart condition. QED all those big guys dying. If I did not do my daily steps (min 6000) I'm sure mine would not be good at 300+

That's the reason for the misnomer that cardio is better for your heart than weight training. Because a lot of people who do cardio eat well and exercise regularly. A lot of guys who lift, just do power moves, overeat and use gear -- which is obviolsyly not heart healthy. But if you train smart, keep rest between sets short, don;t abuse gear and stay active, it is every bit as "heart healthy" as cardio. Cardio is a waste of time and effort , increases oxidation and that beats up your knees and eats muscle.

Its always good to add cardio to your workouts 20-30mins is great!!

i'm sure lance armstrong got good at bicycling from weight lifting :rolleyes:

if you want to improve cardio you have to do it.

And he sure didn't get good at bicycling by jogging on a Treadmill. (Though I bet he did some weight training for his legs).

You are correct that if want to improve your cardio you have to do it. Doing cardio makes you good at doing cardio. That's it.

If you are getting your heart rate up then cardio doesn't have to be in your routine. It just depends if you are getting your heart rate up or not. Either way, adding cardio isn't going to make muscle fall off. If cardio was that effective, the dudes on the treadmill would be ripped in weeks. Truth is, fat people are who you see on the treadmills at the gym. Diet is effective for fat loss, not necessarily cardio.

If you are getting your heart rate up then cardio doesn't have to be in your routine. It just depends if you are getting your heart rate up or not. Either way, adding cardio isn't going to make muscle fall off. If cardio was that effective, the dudes on the treadmill would be ripped in weeks. Truth is, fat people are who you see on the treadmills at the gym. Diet is effective for fat loss, not necessarily cardio.

Exactly. You see people finishing marathons who are fat.

Back
Top Bottom