Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sneaking kids to mcdonalds behind spouses back?

stevesmi

Staff
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mom-sneaks-kids-mickey-d-amid-fast-food-050328157.html

really I think this is a good topic to discuss.

1. those of you who have kids would you be okay if your wife did this?

2. those of you without kids would you be okay if your significant other did this in the closet where you would not have to see it etc.

3. would you be able to live with someone who kept shit food in the fridge.

for me the smell would disgust me where I wouldn't want it in the house but I would have no problem if my spouse did it on her own just where I didn't have to see it or smell it. as long as she kept healthy and did it only as a once in a while cheat

I have to be honest, this shit hits WAY close to home and drives me absolutely insane.

My ex wife was slim and gorgeous when we met. Before the ink was dry on the marriage certificate she started piling in bullshit food and getting huge. She literally more than doubled in size in ~3 years. I'd be busting my ass in the gym, mountain biking non-stop, trying to eat clean, and her fatass mom would show up to the house with grocery bags full of Hostess bullshit.

Our son struggles with weight, and it drives me up a wall that she feeds him bullshit and keeps nothing but bullshit food around her house. Her parents both ate themselves into Diabetes and I can't fathom how a mom couldn't care more about her child's health than their bullshit feelings\comfort.

Fatness is a mental disorder, and I've seen entire families plagued with it.

Sorry, had to vent a little.

Great article. Thanks for posting that.

#1....I would be more then pissed if my husband did this. So pissed....fucking furious. If this women's husband was passionate about his children not eating this food and she was taking them anyway. ...and then basically telling the kids it was ok to lie (secrets are lies) to their dad, then she is wrong. Whatever about unhealthy food. ...she's sneaky. On top of teaching her kids it's alright to eat this shit....I guess it's also alright to sneak behind dad's back. What else is she up to.

I can't say that my kids have never has McDonald's...they have. Definitely not on a regular basis. My kids aren't really into it to be honest.

I'll comment on #2 as well. ...if my husband was eating this behind my back..ehhhh I would be so turned off. Again, it's sneaky, but it's gross to. If that was his cheat....ok.

#3....again I would be so turned off. We are married and naturally I knew my husbands lifestyle before we jumped in (lol)but if I were single and dating. ...it would be a game changer.

The bigger picture here is how McDonald's is saying "opppsss sorry we will stop using those things in our chicken......eventually"....people like. ..ok. The lines are full everyday. ..my husbands guys at work go a few times per week. I cannot belive people are ok with it. ....they buy organic milk and then eat that. I could rant for hours.

Love this topic...

I don't think I'd totally forbid it in the first place, so there wouldn't be a need to sneak around. But I definitely would be setting some rules on how often, which would be a lot less than I had it when I was a kid. MCD's was for sure a factor in my being overweight as a kid (big surprise :p ).

I keep my son very active and in our home there is only clean food and drinks. My ex she did pretty good with my "obsession" with food and a few girls I have dated recently also note that I am "overly conscious" about eating which why I keep moving on. Its funny I was totally in love with this chic and then she started blasting me about my obsessions with fitness and food and bicycles. That was a real deal breaker for me as I would rather be obsessive (which I am not) about good things rather than binge drinking or prono - so many worse things to be into.
I would be upset to have a wife not wanting to compromise or be on the same page about eating trashy foods.

I love to cook and if my bitch can't cook either then,well, she's not gonna last very long (unless she makes bank) But before the entire food choice bullshit she's doing this behind his back and lying right? Or did he really mean it when he said " I don't wanna know" if that's the case then they are both fucking stupid. If it's just on the woman and she's lying and sneaking off to Mickeys then she's gotta get the boooot (in my world)

Ian lucky... My kid hates McD's and would tell his mother to leave.

I would not mind once a month (per article) but I would have a problem if she kept it a secret.

Finally who would ever keep that shit in the refrigerator??

Now, In and Out is a different topic:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic, but even as the occassional cheat meal tarditional "fast food" makes me feel like hot shit!!! The feeling (part mentally from being ashamed of myself) in my stomach is not worth the convenience and taste.

As people have said previously, the lying and deception aspect of it would be the bigger issue for me.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but people who make fast food a normal staple (not the occasional stop off after a sporting event or in a time crunch) in their children's diet should be charged with child abuse. This is just going to set them up for weight issues as they grow, instill horrible eating habits, and not to mention create a host of depression/embarrassment issues if they are bullied later as a result of their appearance. Fat parents making their kids fat is unacceptable and they should be ashamed of themselves. I know I may sound like a dick on a soap box, but if their children's health and happiness was of any consequence to them, they would act accordingly.

Around sixth grade, my dad made me start going to an out of district school that I absolutely hated. My mom felt bad and at least once a week I would get a meal from burger king consisting if a double whopper with cheese, strawberry shake, all of it king sized. I still can't believe I was able to dig myself out of that a couple years later. The power of puberty and girls I suppose :)

I wouldn't go for this.
No Lying or Hiding anything in my House ~ Secrets Never stay Hidden for long.

When my Girls were growing up, I did most of the Cooking from Scratch every night.
Some nights I would be cooking for a Slew of Kids, didn't mind, that's how I grew up.

Took them out for Fast Food sometimes, not much, they really didn't care for it.
They did however Love Italian Water Ice......................................... JP

Luckily my knows how I feel about food. Shure we eat out sometimes. Tru story. We don't drink soda of anykind. Dont eat potato chips either (or at least buy them). Ive ALWAYS told my kids(I have 7) that was crap. Well one day we went and got alot of snacks for a game or something we were having people over....when my 7 year old yelled out to the rest of the brood " HEY LOOK GUYS MOMMY BOUGHT CRAP, WE LOVE CRAP!!" I dam near hit the floor .. that was funny.

There is only one problem at all I see with this, and that is the lying about it. I don't think there is anything wrong with Mcdonalds or whatever restaurant you like, in moderation. This chick is taking her kids there once a month. Big fucking deal. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I treat my kids to something of their choice about once a week. The problem is she is lying about it. I think her husband is an asshat too, for being a zealot and having zero tolerance for mcdonalds. If he doesn't want to eat it that's fine, but running a nazi Gestapo on your children is not good either. I just don't know how people make it so hard these days to find balance in things. Everything has to be to one extreme or the other.

Please some of you guys are not much older than my oldest, The more you forbid the sweeter the nectar tastes,
Just educate them to your best ability, My youngest loved chicken nuggets and did so for years! Then a few years ago i should a youtube video about them and now he won't even stop there to take a piss(rotflmfao)
LET THEM MAKE THE DECISION AND YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED!

I struggle with this personally. My wife and I used to go to the gym together before she was pregnant. We both dieted together. She kept the diet until she as about 6 months pregnant then she started eating total junk which is completely understandable being pregnant and all.

When I was a kid and even now I struggle with eating disorder. I used to be obese as a child. Binging, cravings, they can drive one crazy. To the point in which I even had to cut out cheat days completely at one point in time. My mom taught me this addiction and I would hate to pass it on to my kids the way she passed it on to me.

I plan on counting their macros and only allowing good food. I just hope my kids see how I eat and see how much it means to me, and hopefully they follow. I definitely don't want an obese kid like I used to be, won't let it happen.

I have a friend whose kid is absolutely addicted to chicken nuggets from mcdonalds.. they definitely put something in there to get people hooked cause the shit SMELLS fucking nasty to me. same thing with chikFilA.. went there once and was shocked people ate that nasty shit.

its definitely the oils they put in the food that addicts people.

another thing is during cartoons they advertise fast food, so kids see those happy meals and they ask their parents to go. these big fast food companies absolutely own marketing and advertising. I am convinced if they didn't advertise so much nobody would eat there, I mean how can anyone seriously think that shit tastes good? I don't get it at all.. even when I a teen I thought it was nasty, I just had no choice cause that's all I could afford/had time for

I eat healthy all the time. I will eat out sometimes but definitely not fast food. I will go get a steak or salmon and a baked potato. As for my kids, I try to preach health foods but I let them decide what to eat. My 3 year old us obsessed with sneaking drinks of my protein shake

these big fast food companies absolutely own marketing and advertising.

Ever read 'Propaganda' by Edward Bernays? Fuckin felt like Neo from the matrix, seeing the world for what it truly is.
And that was from 60+ years ago. Technology and consolidation of economic power has only made the mind control machine more sophisticated. There are entire think tanks out there solely devoted to social engineering.

Back on topic, our probiotic biome has been shown to influence cravings (candida and artificial sweeteners is a good example). It's very important to have a diverse and balanced biome, both for general health and reduction in craving for crap.

Back
Top Bottom