Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sodium intake

Jaguarpaw

How much should be our daily sodium intake while being on cycle in order to balance electrolytes and keep bp under control ?

there is no set number for that. if you are eating a lot of processed crap like most americans do then you are getting way too much salt that is only going to cause water retention, hence bp issues.

if you are eating a whole food diet as you should be doing then you will naturally get salts in your diet

salt is not your enemy unless you are eating a lot of poor foods that contain way too much of it. if you sweat a lot adding salt to your water is a smart idea to get back electrolytes

How much should be our daily sodium intake while being on cycle in order to balance electrolytes and keep bp under control ?

No full number but you need to balance potassium and sodium. And dont over do it.

I needed to add a daily electrolyte drink into my routine when I was recomping hard during the summer and sweating profusely during the two-a-day cardio sessions outside in 90-degree heat.
My electrolytes were definitely off at first and I felt tired and lethargic in the afternoon. Once I got the right sodium / potassium / electrolyte balance, those issues went away.

Sodium is very important, especially for those that train. With that said, you also don't want to much. Dont do anything extreme and you'll likely be fine. Don't add extra sodium and definitely dont take measures to reduce it and usually it balances out.

If you eat a proper diet you will not need to worry about specific sodium intake. Make sure you avoid processed foods and if you fast, put a pinch of salt in 1 glass of water each day.

Back
Top Bottom