Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spicy African Soup - Gawd Approved!

Gawd

Technical Admin
Registered
I've had Needto's cookbook for a while now, and usually have just been sticking to the same few recipes in it that I tried and liked.

Today I decided to try a new one, the Spicy African Soup.
First off, this was really simple to make. Clean up sucked, but I can make a disaster of the kitchen just making a sandwhich.
Its a good fool-proof recipe too as each step gives you time to prepare the next step. (didn't realize the brown rice was suppose to be cooked, luckily it had cooked by the time I got to that step. :D )

This thing tasted freaking awesome, my new favorite soup.
I made a couple small substitutions to use what I had on hand. Replaced zuchini with green pepper, used crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth. The crunchy peanut butter was actually a good choice as the crunch of the peanuts in the soup made it even better.

Needto, do you happen to have the macros for this soup?

Attachments

• SpicyAfricanSoup.jpg
    SpicyAfricanSoup.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 75
well that sounds pretty tasty!! :p

Looks good! I make a disaster everytime I cook also! lol
Nice to see you around again!! :)

I've had Needto's cookbook for a while now, and usually have just been sticking to the same few recipes in it that I tried and liked.

Today I decided to try a new one, the Spicy African Soup.
First off, this was really simple to make. Clean up sucked, but I can make a disaster of the kitchen just making a sandwhich.
Its a good fool-proof recipe too as each step gives you time to prepare the next step. (didn't realize the brown rice was suppose to be cooked, luckily it had cooked by the time I got to that step. :D )

This thing tasted freaking awesome, my new favorite soup.
I made a couple small substitutions to use what I had on hand. Replaced zuchini with green pepper, used crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth. The crunchy peanut butter was actually a good choice as the crunch of the peanuts in the soup made it even better.

Needto, do you happen to have the macros for this soup?
Could just put the ingredients you used in fitday or nutrition data and divide it by the number of servings.

Could just put the ingredients you used in fitday or nutrition data and divide it by the number of servings.

Done, thanks. :)
Couldn't find an option for natural peanut butter, so not sure if the one fitday has in there already is natural, but thats what I used for the macros.

TOTAL
2,027 Cals
82.7g Fat
- 11.4 Sat
- 30.6 Poly
- 34.8 Mono
267g Carb
- 57.1 Fiber
70.8g Protein
5,589 Sodium

I'm not really sure exactly how many cups or whatever this made, cant find a way to figure out total amount in Fitday so I can divide.

Numbers might be a little different, as I just used Fitdays already existing foods. Not the exact brands I have (Campbells Low Sodium Chicken Broth, etc)..

Alright, Was roughly 10 cups there.
So per 1 cup serving the macros would be:

202.7 Cal
8.27g Fat
- 1.14 Sat
- 3.06 Poly
- 3.48 Mono
26.7g Carb
- 5.71 Fiber
7.08g Protein
558.9g Sodium

Not bad.. :)

Nice! I really need to get that damn cook book.

Back
Top Bottom