Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat variation for home workout

Qurat

Registered
What variations of squats can you recommend for someone training at home? I do squats with a kettlebell in my hands. But what else can you do at home?

One of the killer exercises you can do at home, are pistol squats. Basically, you pull one of your legs forward, and while keeping it there you do squats on one leg. Until you find the right balance, do that exercise by the side of something you can hold onto for balance.

Walking lunges with kettle bells are awesome. Walking lunges are an AWESOME exercise that really don't get the credit they deserve. Great mass builder and also builds functional muscle.

One of the killer exercises you can do at home, are pistol squats. Basically, you pull one of your legs forward, and while keeping it there you do squats on one leg. Until you find the right balance, do that exercise by the side of something you can hold onto for balance.

Another benefit to what Lev refers to as "pistol squats" is that they serve to work - even brutalize your core. The often not-so-simple task of stabilizing yourself during this exercise screams "core workout" in and of itself.

you can't invest in a squat rack? you would be surprised how much people are selling them for online who just want to make space at home
i found a 600lb capacity squat cage where the guy was asking $200, i got it for $150.
lots of the in the Craigslist for sale section

you can't invest in a squat rack? you would be surprised how much people are selling them for online who just want to make space at home

i found a 600lb capacity squat cage where the guy was asking $200, i got it for $150.
lots of the in the Craigslist for sale section

This is for the lucky ones living in the US - where everything is cheap and you can have space for that. Here in central Asia that thing would cost you well over 1000 used, and go find a rented place where you can put it. I envy you guys

Thanks for the exercises - I will add the walking lunges and pistol squats

Back
Top Bottom