Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting TRT. Advice?

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Starting TRT. Advice?

Iím 46 and have debated doing a test cycle for the last few years. Every time I get up the nerve to do it, I get the advice on here to lose some body fat before starting. So, Iíve done fairly well at that. When from 240 to 185 then slowly started gaining weight again. Iím at 210 or so now.

So, Iíve yet to do a cycle, but I had by blood work done last week and by test levels were 122. No wonder Iíve had such a hard time losing weight and gaining muscle. So getting on TRT is really a no brainer for me at this point. Not to mention I feel like shit, my sex drive is non existent among other symptoms.

So, any suggestions from folks whom started TRT? I assume the best course is to not change anything regarding my training (6 days a week) or my diet (about 2500 cal/d) until I get my levels stable. Then maybe try to tweak from there.

Also, Iíve read that when starting TRT it may take several months before you start to ďfeelĒ different. Why is that when someone taking 500mg of test per week will notice gains in an 8 week cycle? I assume it is just because Iím starting out so low. Will I notice any change in muscle mass or weight in the first few months? Or does one have to go beyond ďnormalĒ levels to get the mass effects of a first Test cycle?

Iím excited that there is a solution to help me feel better, Iím also a bit nervous about getting injections the rest of my life (no way Iíd do the cream).

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    First off - congrats on losing the weight!

What height are you? Any idea what BF%?

You're a perfect candidate for TRT. What does your protocol look like in terms of injection frequency/MG, etc.

As for diet, what are your meals looking like, frequency, etc.

Also, an idea of how you train would be helpful as well.

You're going to need to get dialed in, and it's going to take trial and error. Slow and steady as this isn't a sprint for you, it's a marathon.

As for feeling different, you'll feel placebo in the beginning, maybe some erections out of nowhere, and then around 4-6 weeks, depending on dosage, you'll be dealing with some sides good and bad. Also, for it being your first time touching juice, you'll probably be a good responder. You'll have to dial in what works for you as everyone responds differently.

As for muscle mass/weight, that will be wholly dependent on your training/diet. Steroids compliment your routine, they aren't magic. You'll be able to train harder, recover quicker, but the rules still apply; you'll need to be honest in diet/training/recovery.

Overall it's a rewarding process if done right. No shame in starting on the smaller side of dosage because you'll be happy that you don't have side effects like those ramping up quickly to 500+mg do. Less headache.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Echos View Post
    Iím 46 and have debated doing a test cycle for the last few years. Every time I get up the nerve to do it, I get the advice on here to lose some body fat before starting. So, Iíve done fairly well at that. When from 240 to 185 then slowly started gaining weight again. Iím at 210 or so now.

So, Iíve yet to do a cycle, but I had by blood work done last week and by test levels were 122. No wonder Iíve had such a hard time losing weight and gaining muscle. So getting on TRT is really a no brainer for me at this point. Not to mention I feel like shit, my sex drive is non existent among other symptoms.

So, any suggestions from folks whom started TRT? I assume the best course is to not change anything regarding my training (6 days a week) or my diet (about 2500 cal/d) until I get my levels stable. Then maybe try to tweak from there.

Also, Iíve read that when starting TRT it may take several months before you start to ďfeelĒ different. Why is that when someone taking 500mg of test per week will notice gains in an 8 week cycle? I assume it is just because Iím starting out so low. Will I notice any change in muscle mass or weight in the first few months? Or does one have to go beyond ďnormalĒ levels to get the mass effects of a first Test cycle?

Iím excited that there is a solution to help me feel better, Iím also a bit nervous about getting injections the rest of my life (no way Iíd do the cream).
    I'm not on TRT and will not go on TRT until my 60's at minimum but I am uniquely qualified to answer this because I do help people with TRT 1 on 1 and have looked at thousands of bloods. the objective of trt is to normalize your test levels

the problem though is not everyone was born to have test levels near 1000, some will be completely normal with test levels at 250. that is why the test normal range is so huge

also due to environmental factors, stresses, gut health and more your test levels would take a beating. obviously with all the chemicals we are exposed to it will drive down.

anyway if you want to learn more about this check out the latest podcast, we cover all of that

now to answer your question TRT is very simple

100-120mg a week of long estered testosterone is the standard TRT dose. you can also use other steroids for HRT too, people do not know that but it has been done. but testosterone is the #1 choice due to its mild properites at that dosage and its effects on other hormones in the body plus economic and legal reasons.. you use bloodwork to level things out. you don't want too low a dose but you also don't want too high a dose too

if you want to pick my brain on this stuff and have me guide you with self TRT, you can hit me up for a 1 on 1 consult.
    Last edited by stevesmi; 03-01-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Good that you decided to jump in. I'm not a believe that you need to lose weight to do steroids, that's nonsense and it's just parroted by many guys on here. I disagree with them. You should do steroids if you train hard, it's for guys that hit the gym.

I don't think you should do TRT IMO, first cycle should be a hardcore blast to get you max gains. Sounds like bodyfat is an issue so we'll work off of that.

Week 1-8
    Test enanthate 500mgs/week
    anavar 50mgs/day
    cardarine gw 20mgs/day
    cardazol 3 caps preworkout
    ostazol 1 cap AM after food/2 caps intraworkout (during training)
    aromasin 12.5mgs ED
    n2guard 7 caps/day (liver cycle support kidneys and organs)

Week 8-16
    Test enanthate 500mgs/week
    cardarine gw 20mgs/day
    cardazol 4 caps preworkout
    ostazol 1 cap AM after food/2 caps intraworkout (during training)
    aromasin 12.5mgs ED
    n2guard 5 caps/day (liver cycle support kidneys and organs)

PCT 8 weeks at least
    nolvadex/aromasin/n2generate ES - preworkout with cardazol

Official Representative (VIP) ballin2504's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The vets have you covered....read and learn there is a lot of useful information here

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro TRT for pussies who have no test levels. real men cycle steroids hot and heavy. we don't need to sell out and do trt

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Go see an Endo. Find out what a good TRT level of dose would be good.

PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

You definitely need to get on TRT. Your levels are right where mine were before I went on trt so I know how you feel. TRT is a life changer. Im not sure where you got the info that it can take months to feel different but most notice changes in how they feel pretty quickly. Go see an endocrinologist and get on a good protocol under their guidance.

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Prepare yourself for a year of glorious gains. My first year of trt was magical.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Prior to going to an endo and getting formally diagnosed, I could tell my levels were low and I self managed (quite successfully) with various supplements as well as a clomid regimen (yes, it works, regardless of what you my read on here), I kept my levels in the mid 300's to mid 500's range, I was doing my own blood work. But. . . bc it was clomid based I still had issues. I went to the clinic finally and endo made me stop all supplementation for 6 weeks so he could get a baseline, it was a horrible 6 weeks. From that time forward I've used the 1.62 percent t-gel, and it works great. Again, regardless of what you read on here, t-gel works great (at least for me). My last blood test a few weeks ago had total T in the 900's and free/bioavailable T actually above range, all my other various levels were also great. When I started using the gel I noticed a difference in only a couple weeks or so. Maybe it was all in my head, I don't know, but I certainly believed I could tell. You won't realize how crappy you feel right now until suddenly after a while. . . you don't. In terms of training and muscle you won't notice a big change at all if you've already been training consistently anyway, but you will notice that training seems easier and you recover quicker. Add in some SARM cycles and/or a mild steroid stack and you'll really take off. I'm currently doing my recommended TRT dosage and am in the middle of a SARM/Anavar cycle, and my weight hasn't changed dramatically but I've already noticed I'm leaner and harder looking. The workouts I can do now are amazing and my recovery time has diminished to basically zero/next day. If I wanted to do legs/back 2 or 3 days a week, I could. Not that I would want to anyway. If I can stay at the same to slightly higher weight as I was before I started yet become leaner, that's actually a pretty big difference in body composition before and after and it should be something I can keep off cycle. For me that's exactly what I'm going for. Do the TRT, do the work, reap the benefits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast