Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

STEAK ! how much is too much?

gypsy469

Just like the title says,
How much steak is too much? I am talking ribeyes, new York strip, filets, etc. I catch good deals on them, and usually buy out whatever is on sale.

If I stay within my macros, does it really matter if my other foods are clean carbs and fats?

Is steak every day too much ?

Opinions, Suggestions ?

Thanks

Im a carnivor myself the only bad thing is that im taking lipitor to control my cholesterol.

Hopefully i can stop taking these very soon.

I can eat 3 pounds a day, but then the cholesterol. So, balance is key...the middle way....Vary your protein sources and keep red meal in moderation...

I work in the offshore industry on rotation shifts so the last grocery I pass on my way to no man's land, I buy ALL of the Filet Mignon (Tenderloin) steaks available. There's usually about 6 or 7 because they're the highest price cuts any grocery store offers at about $20-$30 per pound so not too many people are buying these. But NOTHING beats a steak you can literally cut with a damn fork! They usually have an exp date of 1 or 2 days from the date of purchase so i've been known to eat 2 of those a day until they're gone!

Too much steak??? NEVER!! (I also count macros)

2-3 sources of protein, 3 being best. at least 1 source of red meat.

For me it's chicken, eggs, bison

some guys it's fish, steak, eggs chicken steak fish the list goes on.

Just make sure you get 3 different sources, 1 being red meat.

Oh yeah and IIFYM

Absolutely it's too much, Steak should at maximum be twice a week meal. Think of how much red meat is forced upon on us in the North American Diet.

It's very heavy and hard to digest and over time it's hard on your heart, don't get me wrong I love steak but it's something that should be eaten in moderation.

depends on your goals

if you are looking to cut down then fuck no stay far away. if you have heart problems stay away, if you are looking to lose your gut then stay away

but if you are looking to bulk a steak EOD is fine. just get grass fed quality cuts and don't eat the fat. and don't over cook it

however you need to be eating oily fish over steak, it has superior amounts of protein and its got tons of omega fats which will benefit you from top to bottom. guys like red meat cause its easy to cook, has a longer shelf life, which makes it cheaper than getting fish or turkey which will spoil quickly.

one thing for sure don't eat red meat before a workout, the shit will sit in your stomach. if you insist on eating it then eat it AFTER, not before. and if you do cardio I wouldn't eat steak at all prior to that or you are looking for trouble

Last edited:
I work in the offshore industry on rotation shifts so the last grocery I pass on my way to no man's land, I buy ALL of the Filet Mignon (Tenderloin) steaks available. There's usually about 6 or 7 because they're the highest price cuts any grocery store offers at about $20-$30 per pound so not too many people are buying these. But NOTHING beats a steak you can literally cut with a damn fork! They usually have an exp date of 1 or 2 days from the date of purchase so i've been known to eat 2 of those a day until they're gone!

Too much steak??? NEVER!! (I also count macros)

AMEN!!!

Now I'm hungry and drooling at my desk!

It's all fun and games with red meat until you get constipated - make sure the veggies and fruits get in there too.

I eat Red meat 3-5 days a week..never constipated...but i do 2 tblspoons cocunut oil every day (not at the same time) 1 in each of my shakes..My business is done in the Am on wakeup..same time every day and all at once...and done for the day..but fiber is key..scoop of oats in my am shake evreyday helps im sure

Yah corn fed when you read the fine print..its only corn fed 30 days before slaughter..its a joke

I buy 100% grassfed Bison from a family farm...I know the whole process it goes through...also have steaks and beef that are the same.

Want to know how you know you have real grassfed...it takes like fucking rubber bro. It's rough to eat, and not much flavor. If you buy grassfed and it tastes amazing..you didn't get true grassfed.

Just like the title says,
How much steak is too much? I am talking ribeyes, new York strip, filets, etc. I catch good deals on them, and usually buy out whatever is on sale.

If I stay within my macros, does it really matter if my other foods are clean carbs and fats?

Is steak every day too much ?

Opinions, Suggestions ?

Thanks

we do a fair amount of wild game up here..Elk,Deer,Moose,Bear..what ever i can get ...or when my friends bag a couple... :)
tried Ostrich once..good high protein...decent taste.

Back
Top Bottom