Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stevia IN THE RAW is bullshit!

JackSteel

<b>EVO V.I.P</b>
VIP
Just looked at the ingredients in stevia- "dextrose, stevia. "..... REALLY?! Dextrose is the first ingredient and they claim zero calories?!?! Why are they still in business?

Need Venom?? I'll bite 😉

I do know some forms of stevia are sold with other ingredients in the mix, and Dextrose, glycerine, and xylitol can be in there. You just have to check the label of what you are getting, but pure stevia is great and exactly that

3668c2e1324a8353993fa1d5af46ad11.jpg

Need Venom?? I'll bite 😉

I do know some forms of stevia are sold with other ingredients in the mix, and Dextrose, glycerine, and xylitol can be in there. You just have to check the label of what you are getting, but pure stevia is great and exactly that

Right I guess I don't mean stevia itself but this brand that has additives other than pure stevia.

Need Venom?? I'll bite 😉

Just Grow it, it grows like a weed. Stevia fresh is way better especially if you make tea with mint basil& stevia. Besides dextrose replaces the glycogen in the muscle, no big deal. We all need a little sugar, everything in moderation.

I don't care about calories. I eat real sugar, I'm just not a fan of deception.

Need Venom?? I'll bite 😉

I'm sure JP will jump in here at some point and give his thoughts. I know he is a big advocate of stevia, and probably knows what to look for

jack.... the only one i even use anymore is sweet leaf... do you use it? its the best stevia product your going to find...

There's no deception. The reason they use dextrose or maltodextrin is to provide mass to the product. Artificial sweeteners are hundreds of times sweeter than sucrose which means the amount necessary is physically tiny. Without the added bulk of dextrose the Stevia powder would stick to the inside or blow away from air currents.

Also, by law a product can be labeled "calorie free" if each serving is less than 5 calories, IIRC.

OK, Stevia is a little Complex, due to the Manufacturers Methods.
So you want to look for Stevia without Erythritol, or Dextrose.
That means you want to be Looking at the Label Closely.

I buy the Bulk, which has nothing else Added to it.

One other Problem, and why so many Manufacturers Add Additional Sweetener.
If Stevia is not Refined enough, it has a Licorice Taste.
Also, again Depending on the Refining Methods used.

Stevia can be anywhere from 20 to 200 Times as sweet as Table Sugar.
So if you Add Erythritol or Dextrose, you don't have to Refine your Stevia to such a Degree.

Basically when Properly Refined.
They are Reducing the Amount of Steviosides, these cause that Licorice Taste.
And Increasing the Amount of Rebaudiosides, these have the Sugar Taste.
You'll sometimes see Rebaudiosides listed as "Reb A" & Reb A-97".

So if you're looking at a Protein Label that says Sweetened with Stevia.
The Ingredient List, may have it Listed as Stevia - Reb A or Reb A-97.

So in Conclusion ~ Not All Stevia is the Same ~ Please Read your Labels................................... JP
P.S.
It's just "The Same Old Shit" ~ Companies Trying to Get Over on the Consumer !

Back
Top Bottom