Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strength loss

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Strength loss

Theres much knowledge on everything about the mass you keep the gains you make etc whilst on a cycle and at the end of a cycle.

What about strength? How much strength do you keep after a cycle?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychu22 View Post
    Theres much knowledge on everything about the mass you keep the gains you make etc whilst on a cycle and at the end of a cycle.

What about strength? How much strength do you keep after a cycle?
    Some. I train for strength.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    you don't just gain strength then lose some cycling steroids forever.. think about it.. if that were true then some of these guys on social media and forums would be benching 1000 pounds by now

you shouldn't even pay attention to how much you gain or lose cycling steroids, you should pay attention to year over year gains.. it should be a small amount yearly and then when you get older things are going to plateau and you will have to accept your body isn't going to get stronger anymore.

remember the strongest guys in your gym are all going to be in their 40's and even early 50's.. why? cause they been lifting for 30 some years.. they didn't just hop on gear one morning and run tren for 12 weeks and end up being able to bench 500 pounds.

so my advice if you want strength gains is get on a consistent workout program. stick to the 8-10 big lifts and build consistency at a lower weight.. never go into the gym and do these stupid 1-2 rep maxouts i see the 20 somethings do. great way to injure yourself. save the 1 rep maxes for your actual competition if you do compete.. aim for a 5-6 rep range that is comfortable
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    When I'm off cycle I switch to high reps so I don't really worry about strength loss.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It depends quite a bit of what the cycle was but strength will go down to varying degree.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    noone here is a psychic man... noone knows how much strength you will keep... thats different from person to person, dependent upon so many variables...

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Everyone is different

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I like Stevesmi's answer a lot. It deffo applies to me. But gaining and losing strength on and off comes with the territory. Here's one way (assumes you're not at your all time strongest on any lift). I'll pick bench press.

Let's say my best off cycle bench was 140-kilos / 308lbs for one in January. I could do an off cycle strength program with a view to adding 10lbs over 8 weeks (the strength training cycle is 16 weeks in this example). By week 8 I'm doing 1 x 318lbs as planned. I then introduce some steroids. And over the next 8 weeks I add another 10lbs. So now, 'on', I'm at 328lbs for 1 rep. That's a 20lb total improvement.

There's NO WAY I'll keep all that. Not from cycling without or with gear. You just don't have max strength all year round. What you NEED to do is be a little better at the beginning of the next strength program. That might mean 313lbs (a 5lb increase). Eight weeks later 323lbs before gear then 33lbs on by the end of that cycle.

Back when I started lifting I did a real ugly 90kg bench press (all the weights I had then). That may have been some months in. I had to get my brothers to lift it from the floor etc etc lol. I got to the point where off gear I could do 170-kilos (I had done cycles before) and then 190-kilos was my best 1RM. So over time, with steroids and strength programs on and off, I added 100-kilos to my bench press. This took years.

I'm now 54 and I'll have been lifting 40 years this summer. My all day every day bench will be, for a few more years I'm sure, 300lbs or 3 plates a side. But that's old man strength

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    you keep a lot of it, depending on what cycle you were on. we need more info

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    you don't just gain strength then lose some cycling steroids forever.. think about it.. if that were true then some of these guys on social media and forums would be benching 1000 pounds by now

you shouldn't even pay attention to how much you gain or lose cycling steroids, you should pay attention to year over year gains.. it should be a small amount yearly and then when you get older things are going to plateau and you will have to accept your body isn't going to get stronger anymore.

remember the strongest guys in your gym are all going to be in their 40's and even early 50's.. why? cause they been lifting for 30 some years.. they didn't just hop on gear one morning and run tren for 12 weeks and end up being able to bench 500 pounds.

so my advice if you want strength gains is get on a consistent workout program. stick to the 8-10 big lifts and build consistency at a lower weight.. never go into the gym and do these stupid 1-2 rep maxouts i see the 20 somethings do. great way to injure yourself. save the 1 rep maxes for your actual competition if you do compete.. aim for a 5-6 rep range that is comfortable
    I don't totally disagree or agree with you, I think if you train differently then you'll keep your strength off of gear. May just be an opinion but I think if you train like an animal with progressive loading you'll keep it. Sometimes I think it may be a placebo effect. Myself I've been stronger without fear and don't honestly think numbers Rose significantly, but what I will say is the healing factor is a huge plus.

Then again maybe I had bad gear. I dunno but I know I was able to train hard as hell, but then I train the same way without gear so I don't know.
    But the healing hell yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast