Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

syringe and needle help

kaufman

Registered
I went to buy syringes from the pharmacy and the girl behind the counter treated me like a crack addict and then finally gave in and said i could get luer lock or luer slip syringes from her. does anyone know the difference? also in terms of needle size what size should i buy now so i don't have to go back

I went to buy syringes from the pharmacy and the girl behind the counter treated me like a crack addict and then finally gave in and said i could get luer lock or luer slip syringes from her. does anyone know the difference? also in terms of needle size what size should i buy now so i don't have to go back

luer lock will twist to secure your needle to the syringe, slip will just be pushed on, I would personally go with luer lock tho. If you are buying the needles separately you will mostly be recommended to get both 23g and 25g, 23 for drawing into the syringe and 25 for injecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Also depending where you live you should look into just getting them online and save yourself from the awkward debate of buying them from the pharmacy

You can always see if your city offers a needle exchange program. You take old syringes and they give you new ones. Don’t worry about the pharmacist treating you like a crackhead. Once you go back a few times, hopefully the pharmacist will just reach back and grab what you need so you can go on with your day. I get slin pins from my pharmacist. Walk in and ask for 27g half inch and move on. Pharmacist hands me my box, I pay, go home. I have done it for years.
As far as needles, I just order online. It cost $7.50 for a quantity of 100 27g 1.5 inch Excel or Tempuro (the sharpest and most comfortable in my opinion) and I use Nipro luer-lock syringes. I use 23g to pull and 27g to pin the glutes. Sometimes I just use slin pin for a felt injection. Just depends on the gear and my mood.

I find 25g takes forever to push through and when I switched to 23g it’s was much smoother. 1” 23g for pinning and 1.5” 20g for drawing. Have not had a problem with pinning glutes, quads, hips, or delts with 1”. Probably not a big deal for most but when trying to inject glutes it was pretty difficult to turn and hold that position while pushing that oil for over 40 seconds. That’s just me though. 23g made a big difference over the 25g. Also be careful on Amazon- ordered Terumo 23g needles and got an open box of dull Nipro needles. Company never replied but Amazon accepted my return even though I took five needles out to tide me over. Not as good as BD and not even close to terumo. Medsonthego.com and other online stores can be as good or better than Amazon. Hope my 2cents helps. Mobsters advice on another post was spot on regarding gauges and the flow of medicine. Some people may like to push on a syringe for a minute or so.....

- - - Updated - - -

You want luer lock imo.

I find 25g takes forever to push through and when I switched to 23g it’s was much smoother. 1” 23g for pinning and 1.5” 20g for drawing. Have not had a problem with pinning glutes, quads, hips, or delts with 1”. Probably not a big deal for most but when trying to inject glutes it was pretty difficult to turn and hold that position while pushing that oil for over 40 seconds. That’s just me though. 23g made a big difference over the 25g. Also be careful on Amazon- ordered Terumo 23g needles and got an open box of dull Nipro needles. Company never replied but Amazon accepted my return even though I took five needles out to tide me over. Not as good as BD and not even close to terumo. Medsonthego.com and other online stores can be as good or better than Amazon. Hope my 2cents helps. Mobsters advice on another post was spot on regarding gauges and the flow of medicine. Some people may like to push on a syringe for a minute or so.....

- - - Updated - - -

You want luer lock imo.
That means your oil is thicker. More viscous. I used 23s when the product I had was made with grape seed oil. But now 25g is my go-to.

Needle exchange will hand you everything you want and is your best option otherwise there’s always online shopping. Want needles to draw and then ones to inject, I tend to get a ton of 20guage for drawing and up to you what size you pin with, depends if you’re IM or SBQ injecting.

That means your oil is thicker. More viscous. I used 23s when the product I had was made with grape seed oil. But now 25g is my go-to.

Obviously it’s a question of viscosity so if you’re confident of the viscosity you could go with 25, 27, 30 or just keep a stockpile of every gauge available for all the different types of oil. Or if you’re not sure you could just play it safe with 23g, I don’t think you will notice any difference except a smoother injection (based on viscosity of course). Maybe it’s just me but I’m not experienced enough to know what to expect in terms of viscosity from one product/lab to another so I just play it safe. 23 won’t hurt any more than 25 imo.

Back
Top Bottom