Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Telling my doctor

heatstroke

Registered
My doctor asked me if I am using any anabolics I said I wasn’t but now thinking about it, I should of told him the truth no? Doctor patient confidentiality right? He also asked if I smoke I also said no but I do smoke weed so I am considering coming clean to him so he knows the full story. Would you recommend it?

i mean it really depends on what you are in there for... i tell mine i smoke but its legal here so it makes no difference but weed and steroids are entirely different... if its something detrimental to your health you are in there for thats one thing but if you just are being asked for the sake of being asked thats another story...

I live in the UK and in some ways what happens in the US we follow later on. It's been said that info given to a doc MIGHT start to be used by insurance companies. That's an issue which costs us money.

On the flip side if I go to see my doc and LIE (cos that's what we're talking about right) and he needs to treat something which gets messed up cos I LIED then it's my own damn fault. I'd ask 'if I, by chance, was using doc what difference would it make?' and so on ;)

Yeah it all depends on the reason you are at the doctors if your fine and hes just asking general questions then it can be to withhold that kind of information. But if you were having issues from say aas use then you would have to spill the beans and tell your doc whats going on.

the doctor is not going to know anything about steroids anyway

i once told a doctor i was taking primo and she had no clue what it was and started googling it on her ipad. she said 'oh you have a script for primo, i understand'.. except you can't write a script for primo lol .. she had no clue that primo is only purchased underground in the US

really no point in telling them unless you need a script for an ancillary or something like that

I am of the opinion that honesty is the best policy. Your doctor won't know much about steroids and will give you a small lecture on how bad it is for you but if he knows you are using steroids, he will at least provide you with blood work if you ask for it.

He can't tell anything to your employer or health insurance by law.

I'd just shoot it straight with my Dr. but then I don't smoke "WEED"!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Even some of the most basic blood work your doctor may do for preventative care might have some irregularities, that could easily be explained by steroid use, but also by a hundred other causes. Be honest with him, and save him the work of requesting more blood tests to root out the causes of numbers that are off. The others are right, in that you might get a speech. Most doctors believe in harm reduction, and will work with you. None will abandon you.

It depends on the specifics of where you live and the legal consequences. For me there is no risk if I were to tell my doctor. For some people I know they could potentially lose their insurance coverage. I always prefer honesty but be aware of the consequences.

What brought about the question do you think? Just general curiosity or is you health in such a way that those are relevant questions. Besides doctors are pretty smart and patients bullshit them constantly. They know the answer most of the time. I've been less than honest with my doc because of the repercussions if I was honest but I know he knew damn well I was lying.

Back
Top Bottom