Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tendonitis

I had this problem for about a year. I dropped all barbell exercises including pullups. Incline flies, skull crushers, and a few others had to be taken off the menu. I paid really close attention to what hurt, worked around it, lots of ice, elbow compression wrap, and some non steroidal antiinflammatories eventually made it go away. Just taking time off never seemed to help either.

I ice but am yet to wrap. I'm going to buy some compression sleeves and see if they help. I used a prescribed oral steroid for like 5 days but it didnt do shit, nor did/does ibuprofen. May try PRP ( plasma rich platelet)

I know some people will disagree here but....

I’m all about a “reasonable” amount of time to rest/heal. But 2 1/2 plus months off with no tears or anything.....time to get creative and work around it a little. Broken bones heal in that time. Like I said, I deal with this myself and at times it’s been severe. Very easy to get caught up in the “need to rest until I’m 100% mentality”. Mine is gone now.....and I never stopped training for more than 10 days. Again.....all about rest when needed but some issues need exercise to help heal

I know some people will disagree here but....

I’m all about a “reasonable” amount of time to rest/heal. But 2 1/2 plus months off with no tears or anything.....time to get creative and work around it a little. Broken bones heal in that time. Like I said, I deal with this myself and at times it’s been severe. Very easy to get caught up in the “need to rest until I’m 100% mentality”. Mine is gone now.....and I never stopped training for more than 10 days. Again.....all about rest when needed but some issues need exercise to help heal
I just left dicks. Got some compression sleeves. Cant hurt to try. And next week, I've already decided, I'm back at it - light to start. Want to see if that actually helps

try physical therapy but my issue with physical therapy is it likely will not help us as weightlifters in almost all situations because we are already strong and muscular

physical therapy is great for the old lady who is wasting away who needs to build strength using straps and bands.

i guarantee you when you go to physical therapy they will want to 'strengthen' the muscles around the injury which is pointless here because this is not a muscular problem. plus you are already super super strong compared to 99% of the people these PT's see on a day to day basis. another thing they might do is mobility exercises which can help with soft tissue injuries, but again this isn't a mobility issue either. this is a nagging injury where the body is putting out inflammation to try and repair itself.

if you gotta literally take 3 months off then that is what you gotta do. just pushing through it works when you are 20 or 25. but when you are older pushing through turns it into a chronic issue (which it sure sounds like it has become)

try physical therapy but my issue with physical therapy is it likely will not help us as weightlifters in almost all situations because we are already strong and muscular

physical therapy is great for the old lady who is wasting away who needs to build strength using straps and bands.

i guarantee you when you go to physical therapy they will want to 'strengthen' the muscles around the injury which is pointless here because this is not a muscular problem. plus you are already super super strong compared to 99% of the people these PT's see on a day to day basis. another thing they might do is mobility exercises which can help with soft tissue injuries, but again this isn't a mobility issue either. this is a nagging injury where the body is putting out inflammation to try and repair itself.

if you gotta literally take 3 months off then that is what you gotta do. just pushing through it works when you are 20 or 25. but when you are older pushing through turns it into a chronic issue (which it sure sounds like it has become)

He should find a PT that specializes in sports/sports medicine. Yeah I hear you. Most PT places are for the average joe that got in a car accident or hurt himself at work. Probably not applicable to an athlete. Gotta find the right one.

^^ i have been to 2 that worked with athletes for my herniated discs

the first one she really seemed to know her shit and was confident she could help me (she worked with some higher profile pro athletes), however she was obsessed with correcting muscle imbalances and massage so i was doing a lot of band work and using foam rollers. it did absolutely nothing to solve the issue because i was already super strong so it was literally me leaving the gym after lifting with weights and then going to her and using bands which were less effective. she did help me with posture, like how i sleep and how i sit etc. but that is it. about $2K down the drain going to her

the 2nd one was the same PT who worked with the Houston Astros baseball team. the guy literally copy/pasted the same shit i could have gotten online and had me doing a lot of stretching and more band work. $90 an hour for shit i could have youtubed. it was a complete joke. he spent all of 2 minutes total with me each session. after about 10 sessions and wasting another $900 i quit going.

I actually started doing bikram hot yoga and walked out of my first class which cost $15 feeling better than i had felt in a year. so that is what i been doing since last year and i feel 100% better along with my inversion table. i really believe that YOU have to heal yourself and cannot depend on another person for it

Last edited:
They really need to get in there with some soft tissue work using some implements. I am by no means an expert on PT but the stuff i am talking about is extremely deep and kinda painful soft issue work. You will leave with some mild bruising when done.

They really need to get in there with some soft tissue work using some implements. I am by no means an expert on PT but the stuff i am talking about is extremely deep and kinda painful soft issue work. You will leave with some mild bruising when done.

yeah i've had aggressive stuff done going to northern chinese acupuncture places. really that is going to help get the blood flowing and could be a good option assuming they do it correctly.

my best recommendation for people is give it a shot but keep a short leash because a lot of these people are just cookie cutters who just want you to book appts and keep coming like a revolving door. sometimes they will give you the standard "you are going to feel worse before you feel better, that means the treatment is working" BS. like when you take your car in to the auto shop and they say "your car is not safe to drive, gotta spend this 2K or else" it is a sales tactic

Back
Top Bottom