Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tendonitis

sub_squoch

Dr just told me I have tendonitis in both elbows/arms. She put me on prednisone for 5 days to reduce inflammation which she said is pretty severe. Anybody else deal with this?

Yes. I’ve dealt with it in and off in both of my arms. Ice after training is key when it’s inflamed. It’s of mine feel pretty good right now and haven’t bothered me in probably 6 months, so it will clear up with proper care

Yes. I’ve dealt with it in and off in both of my arms. Ice after training is key when it’s inflamed. It’s of mine feel pretty good right now and haven’t bothered me in probably 6 months, so it will clear up with proper care
I took last week and this week off. Dr wants me to take one or two more weeks off so that's what the plan is for now - that and the prednisone which is only for 5 days.

DO NOT TAKE THAT POISON

your doctor is a fucking idiot

if you have tendonitis then you need to take a couple weeks off from the gym. that is as simple as that. taking a catabolic steroid comes with tremendous risks and no athlete should touch them ever

DO NOT TAKE THAT POISON

your doctor is a fucking idiot

if you have tendonitis then you need to take a couple weeks off from the gym. that is as simple as that. taking a catabolic steroid comes with tremendous risks and no athlete should touch them ever
Elaborate?

Corticosteroids are not poison. We really need to to stop vilifying certain substances without peeling back the layers of the onion and explaining things in much greater detail. There is too much "throwing of the baby out with the bath water" going on in this forum lately.

Here are the medically accepted facts: They should not be used without a specific purpose and only for short periods of time. 5 days of prednisone isn't going to affect you negatively in any way shape or form. The issue arises when people use prednisone or other corticosteroids longer term and at higher dosages. You never want to go that route because you aren't addressing the root cause and these substances do have side effects longer term.

If it was me, I would assess how bad the pain is. Is it something that some Advil can fix for a week? If so, I'd use Advil or similar substance for a week and you will need to completely stop using the affected joints for a month or longer. That's really the only way to properly heal yourself. Get a second opinion from a orthopedic MD if you have any doubts.

im not sure that prednisone is necessary for this issue to be honest... ive had some pretty bad tennis elbow... i simply used ibuprofein, rested in and then i tend to cycle mk2866 when this has happened and thats it and its always done the trick...

So to clarify a few things: I am on my 2nd week of resting/not lifting at all. When I called my doctor she sent me to a sports medicine doctor, so that's who prescribed the medication. She said the inflammation is quite severe hence the medication, otherwise she said, if the inflammation wasnt as bad as it is, she would recommend ibuprofen. The pain is tolerable and actually it isnt painful at all unless under a load, even a relatively small one. Considering my range of motion is good, the pain is minimal and there is no major swelling, she didn't feel the need to ultrasound or MRI at this time. So, I'm thinking I'll take the meds and rest two more weeks which makes a month total, still doing cardio as leaning out is my goal now anyway, and then I'll get back into things. I also have cardarine and MK677 coming which I will be starting as soon as I get it

Elaborate?

Be more specific.

For example simple rest helps. Stop doing the damn thing which makes shit hurt. Change exercises. Do rehab.

well the issue is taking the prednisone for 5 days, the pain being gone and then you going in and pounding again doing more damage. catabolic steroids do not cure the injury, they MASK the injury. that injury is still there. it masks by shutting off inflammation.

and YES i will villify these drugs all day and everyday because i personally was a victim of it myself and i've seen what it does to others. these types of overuse injures need to be treated SMARTLY and taking cortizone is not smart. if you were an 80 year old lady who watches golden girls all day then yeah go for it, but a young vibrant athlete who likes to lift should not touch these in 99.9% of situations.

shutting off your own bodies inflammation is only delaying healing. your doctor does not have any clue about any of this, they just want you to take a drug and feel better. no regard for your long term health

and yes if you take these drugs for a period of time you will gain tons of fat, i have seen skinny people turn obese from being put on them for allergies. we are talking 100 pound gain in a year. and that weight is very difficult to get rid of. you guys can take my advice or not, this isn't a dictatorship lol... but IMO never ever touch these catabolic steroids UNLESS you have completely quit training and are so crippled you can't move. same goes for cortizone shots.

Last edited:
Not personally but if you’re Into peptides there are plenty that would help. I don’t know a trustworthy source though. Sarms can be good healers as well. Maybe mk677?

Dude tendinitis is the worst.....

Ive had it on cycle and what ive done is just cut down on volume and frequency of training. Also have done exercises at different angles to fine ones that didnt hurt.

TB500 and BCP157 are both good for healing PSL has them.

I also run MK677 during pct and after a cycle. Helps with my recovery I like it a lot. Osta MK2866 also helps too. I dont like prednisone I usually get naproxen 500mg and take that and will help with the inflammation.

All - reviving this older thread. It's been apx 2 1/2 months since my arm/bicep/elbow started acting up. Had an MRI. No tear(s) but lots of inflammation and fluid around tendons, etc. It doesnt really seem to be getting better. Doctor mentioned PRP being a possibility. Anybody try this? Was also thinking about maybe TB and BPC peptides for healing. Also maybe compression sleeves. Anybody try any of this? Been out of the gym for 2 1/2 months and its getting old!!!

All - reviving this older thread. It's been apx 2 1/2 months since my arm/bicep/elbow started acting up. Had an MRI. No tear(s) but lots of inflammation and fluid around tendons, etc. It doesnt really seem to be getting better. Doctor mentioned PRP being a possibility. Anybody try this? Was also thinking about maybe TB and BPC peptides for healing. Also maybe compression sleeves. Anybody try any of this? Been out of the gym for 2 1/2 months and its getting old!!!

Whoaaaa.....2 1/2 months o of the gym. Damn. Like I said earlier in this thread, I’ve had serious bouts of it on both arms. When it flares up, I wear a tendon brace while I train, ice after.

Back
Top Bottom