Join Evolutionary Forums

needtobuildmuslce.com
domestic-supply.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis elbow killing my gains, please help.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Tennis elbow killing my gains, please help.

Bros so I have been suffering terrible tennis elbow for the last 6 months, just bad. It started off pretty mild and I ignored it thinking some stretching would take care of it, but it did not. This pain got progressively worse and worse, to the point where ti made me modify the way I handle all of my lifts. I got COVID right around thanksgiving and thought it would be a good chance to rest my elbow for a month and so I did, but I noticed no improvement at all, it just continued to get worse and worse even as i laid in bed not lifting weights. I've tried different forms of stretching and topical CBD to no avail!
    I went to see a Kinesiologist that just snapped my elbow against the joint and told me to massage it a bit every day and it should go away in a week, I'm on day 5 and not sure I'm feeling much better.

I'm posting here now asking you bros if there is anything out there I can do to alleviate this pain and get back to my Gym grind.
    Follow me on Social: http://www.RickyVRock.com/

Follow me and ask me anything: http://www.BigRickRock.com/

Check out the Evolutionary Radio Podcast: https://www.evolutionary.org/podcasts/

Check out the EliteFitness Podcast: https://www.elitefitness.com/article...navar-profile/

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I messaged Mobster because Iíve been dealing with this same issue. Sometimes even grabbing my water in the middle of the night hurts. I have compression sleeves, ice sleeves, tiger balm, and got rid of my old school lifting straps and got some Versa Grips which has helped give my forearms a bit of reprieve. He suggested to use the rubber band flexing exercise. I ordered a finger distance band, but in the meantime Iím just using a thick rubber band. It just keep flinging off my fingers

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Just went thru this with my elbow down to my wrist and into my hand. Hurts like hell, couldnít lift anything more then a 25 lb dumbbell and on some days that was Tuff. I called my dr and got the cortisone pills. You know the one that starts with 6 then 5 then 4 down to your last one. I ran 2 rounds of this cause the first didnít help. I got great relief for a cpl days then bam back in pain again. Ended up getting a shot right into the joint. Worked great, Iím 3 months pain free. I also had it a number of Yrs back and I ran some equipoise. It helped right away also. Pick your poison. Lol. I wish you the best of luck. Itís a very painful experience!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I'll copy and paste my advice for PH734k:

1) How did it happen - what are you doing in the gym that is causing it or caused it?
    2) Often we smash the flexors (lower part of the forearm) and neglect the extensors (upper). If that's the case work the upper too. Right now I'm doing flexor work via a wrist roller and the extensors get SOME work on my Hammer DB Curls
    3) It might be a volume of work thing. As in 10 sets of curls and so on. There's not many exercises where you're not using your grip in some way. Maybe you need to lower the volume or simply rest more
    4) Your symptoms are for the extensors. One rehab idea is to loop a rubber post band (like the kind used to hold mail bundles together) so it's a little tight and open your hand for multiple reps
    5) A variant on the RICE is to dampen (then wring out) a long thin towel. Stick it in the fridge (or briefly, just enough to cool it, in the freezer) then wrap it around the fucked area.
    6) Finally are you using GH and if so at what level? Although we're all familiar with wrist issues on GH you can get it where you have it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ph734k View Post
    I messaged Mobster because Iíve been dealing with this same issue. Sometimes even grabbing my water in the middle of the night hurts. I have compression sleeves, ice sleeves, tiger balm, and got rid of my old school lifting straps and got some Versa Grips which has helped give my forearms a bit of reprieve. He suggested to use the rubber band flexing exercise. I ordered a finger distance band, but in the meantime Iím just using a thick rubber band. It just keep flinging off my fingers
    Keep the tension on lol. There's YT videos on it.

PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky V Rock View Post
    Bros so I have been suffering terrible tennis elbow for the last 6 months, just bad. It started off pretty mild and I ignored it thinking some stretching would take care of it, but it did not. This pain got progressively worse and worse, to the point where ti made me modify the way I handle all of my lifts. I got COVID right around thanksgiving and thought it would be a good chance to rest my elbow for a month and so I did, but I noticed no improvement at all, it just continued to get worse and worse even as i laid in bed not lifting weights. I've tried different forms of stretching and topical CBD to no avail!
    I went to see a Kinesiologist that just snapped my elbow against the joint and told me to massage it a bit every day and it should go away in a week, I'm on day 5 and not sure I'm feeling much better.

I'm posting here now asking you bros if there is anything out there I can do to alleviate this pain and get back to my Gym grind.
    I've gone through this in the past. Tried everything but nothing helped. Ended up having to get a cortisone shot to get the inflammation down and it was gone in a few days. Good luck. These types of injuries are hard to get rid of. Gotta act immediately or it will just compound over time.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Deca or get cortisone inj

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    if you do get a cortizone injection you def don't want to workout right after. cause the injury will still be there but the injection will trick your brain into thinking there is no injury, so you will just make more damage

buddy to be honest you need to rest. i've had this issue come on from over training. i got lucky i pushed through it and it went away. but at our age now, pushing through this type of injury will make it chronic. you need to rest longer than just 1 month. mobility exercises are going to be very helpful too. a short term fix to make you feel good is graston technique. really you only need a spoon and scrape the forearm, that will get the blood flowing and loosen the muscle up. get your girl to do it, there are youtube videos that show you how. don't have some goofball doc snap it into place or any of that. that will only delay recovery. try not to sleep on it either. really the only thing other than that can help here is n2jointrx and bpc right into the elbow.
    Last edited by stevesmi; 12-30-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Went through a similar situation caused by overtraining. A few things that helped were using elbow sleeves (not compression, but for warmth), as well as using a capsaicin balm. I also dropped the volume on painful lifts until I could work back up.

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky V Rock View Post

You can try this too but if it's that bad it's prob not gonna help. This would be done when it first starts coming on. It has worked for me in the past but must be done at the first sign.
    https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ennisElbow.pdf

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Graxton worked for me

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast