Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tennis elbow killing my gains, please help.

Ricky V Rock

Big Daddio
VIP
Bros so I have been suffering terrible tennis elbow for the last 6 months, just bad. It started off pretty mild and I ignored it thinking some stretching would take care of it, but it did not. This pain got progressively worse and worse, to the point where ti made me modify the way I handle all of my lifts. I got COVID right around thanksgiving and thought it would be a good chance to rest my elbow for a month and so I did, but I noticed no improvement at all, it just continued to get worse and worse even as i laid in bed not lifting weights. I've tried different forms of stretching and topical CBD to no avail!
I went to see a Kinesiologist that just snapped my elbow against the joint and told me to massage it a bit every day and it should go away in a week, I'm on day 5 and not sure I'm feeling much better.

I'm posting here now asking you bros if there is anything out there I can do to alleviate this pain and get back to my Gym grind.

I messaged Mobster because I’ve been dealing with this same issue. Sometimes even grabbing my water in the middle of the night hurts. I have compression sleeves, ice sleeves, tiger balm, and got rid of my old school lifting straps and got some Versa Grips which has helped give my forearms a bit of reprieve. He suggested to use the rubber band flexing exercise. I ordered a finger distance band, but in the meantime I’m just using a thick rubber band. It just keep flinging off my fingers

Just went thru this with my elbow down to my wrist and into my hand. Hurts like hell, couldn’t lift anything more then a 25 lb dumbbell and on some days that was Tuff. I called my dr and got the cortisone pills. You know the one that starts with 6 then 5 then 4 down to your last one. I ran 2 rounds of this cause the first didn’t help. I got great relief for a cpl days then bam back in pain again. Ended up getting a shot right into the joint. Worked great, I’m 3 months pain free. I also had it a number of Yrs back and I ran some equipoise. It helped right away also. Pick your poison. Lol. I wish you the best of luck. It’s a very painful experience!

I'll copy and paste my advice for PH734k:

1) How did it happen - what are you doing in the gym that is causing it or caused it?
2) Often we smash the flexors (lower part of the forearm) and neglect the extensors (upper). If that's the case work the upper too. Right now I'm doing flexor work via a wrist roller and the extensors get SOME work on my Hammer DB Curls
3) It might be a volume of work thing. As in 10 sets of curls and so on. There's not many exercises where you're not using your grip in some way. Maybe you need to lower the volume or simply rest more
4) Your symptoms are for the extensors. One rehab idea is to loop a rubber post band (like the kind used to hold mail bundles together) so it's a little tight and open your hand for multiple reps
5) A variant on the RICE is to dampen (then wring out) a long thin towel. Stick it in the fridge (or briefly, just enough to cool it, in the freezer) then wrap it around the fucked area.
6) Finally are you using GH and if so at what level? Although we're all familiar with wrist issues on GH you can get it where you have it too.

- - - Updated - - -

I messaged Mobster because I’ve been dealing with this same issue. Sometimes even grabbing my water in the middle of the night hurts. I have compression sleeves, ice sleeves, tiger balm, and got rid of my old school lifting straps and got some Versa Grips which has helped give my forearms a bit of reprieve. He suggested to use the rubber band flexing exercise. I ordered a finger distance band, but in the meantime I’m just using a thick rubber band. It just keep flinging off my fingers

Keep the tension on lol. There's YT videos on it.

Bros so I have been suffering terrible tennis elbow for the last 6 months, just bad. It started off pretty mild and I ignored it thinking some stretching would take care of it, but it did not. This pain got progressively worse and worse, to the point where ti made me modify the way I handle all of my lifts. I got COVID right around thanksgiving and thought it would be a good chance to rest my elbow for a month and so I did, but I noticed no improvement at all, it just continued to get worse and worse even as i laid in bed not lifting weights. I've tried different forms of stretching and topical CBD to no avail!
I went to see a Kinesiologist that just snapped my elbow against the joint and told me to massage it a bit every day and it should go away in a week, I'm on day 5 and not sure I'm feeling much better.

I'm posting here now asking you bros if there is anything out there I can do to alleviate this pain and get back to my Gym grind.

I've gone through this in the past. Tried everything but nothing helped. Ended up having to get a cortisone shot to get the inflammation down and it was gone in a few days. Good luck. These types of injuries are hard to get rid of. Gotta act immediately or it will just compound over time.

if you do get a cortizone injection you def don't want to workout right after. cause the injury will still be there but the injection will trick your brain into thinking there is no injury, so you will just make more damage

buddy to be honest you need to rest. i've had this issue come on from over training. i got lucky i pushed through it and it went away. but at our age now, pushing through this type of injury will make it chronic. you need to rest longer than just 1 month. mobility exercises are going to be very helpful too. a short term fix to make you feel good is graston technique. really you only need a spoon and scrape the forearm, that will get the blood flowing and loosen the muscle up. get your girl to do it, there are youtube videos that show you how. don't have some goofball doc snap it into place or any of that. that will only delay recovery. try not to sleep on it either. really the only thing other than that can help here is n2jointrx and bpc right into the elbow.

Last edited:
Went through a similar situation caused by overtraining. A few things that helped were using elbow sleeves (not compression, but for warmth), as well as using a capsaicin balm. I also dropped the volume on painful lifts until I could work back up.

You can try this too but if it's that bad it's prob not gonna help. This would be done when it first starts coming on. It has worked for me in the past but must be done at the first sign.
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...d7a9c8adb40f4c9/1543242664439/tennisElbow.pdf

I’ve had THE EXACT SAME INJURY!!! It sucked man! The only things that make it better are ice, anti inflammatory meds, and most importantly REST. Find variations of exercises that don’t tax that area, or just go nuts on your legs and abs. You’re pretty yoked dude. Don’t keep carrying that injury along. Rest it. Trust me.

take time off? psshh.. fuck that.

I will NEVER take time off from the gym when i get an injury. They are going to have to take me out on a fucking stretcher before that happens. please if I ever take a day off from the gym someone take a shotgun and just blow my brains out right there in there

bro...try using some nutrobal 25mgs/ed with ostarine 50mgs/ed...stack it with nutrozol before bed and add some n2joint rx...stack them and spread the doses AM and night (nutrobal/nutrozol night only)....add omega fats...and deep tissue massage

I've had this in the past and the only thing that worked was resting more, dropping the weight down and reducing overall volume

I'll copy and paste my advice for PH734k:

1) How did it happen - what are you doing in the gym that is causing it or caused it?
2) Often we smash the flexors (lower part of the forearm) and neglect the extensors (upper). If that's the case work the upper too. Right now I'm doing flexor work via a wrist roller and the extensors get SOME work on my Hammer DB Curls
3) It might be a volume of work thing. As in 10 sets of curls and so on. There's not many exercises where you're not using your grip in some way. Maybe you need to lower the volume or simply rest more
4) Your symptoms are for the extensors. One rehab idea is to loop a rubber post band (like the kind used to hold mail bundles together) so it's a little tight and open your hand for multiple reps
5) A variant on the RICE is to dampen (then wring out) a long thin towel. Stick it in the fridge (or briefly, just enough to cool it, in the freezer) then wrap it around the fucked area.
6) Finally are you using GH and if so at what level? Although we're all familiar with wrist issues on GH you can get it where you have it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep the tension on lol. There's YT videos on it.

-I can't put my finger on a single day when I think it could have happened. It just started as a mild discomfort months ago which I just ignored and thought stretching would take care of it, it did not. The pain just got gradually worse over time.

-You are the second bro to mention Hammer DB curls, I will have to give that a serious try.

-The rubber band work is to put resistance on my finger from opening.... That sounds interesting brother, I will have to try that.

I've gone through this in the past. Tried everything but nothing helped. Ended up having to get a cortisone shot to get the inflammation down and it was gone in a few days. Good luck. These types of injuries are hard to get rid of. Gotta act immediately or it will just compound over time.

I'm considering a shot of Diclofenac + B complex in the area might be a good idea.

I'm about to hit some light Deca for sure.

I don't usually recommend deca as it usualyl just masks the pain but I actually ran 100mg per week recently. I have a rotator cuff injury that has been bugging me for years and I just wanted some relief. Honest to god, after I stopped using it (been off since July), it feels like it is actually healed. No pain at all. Now, keep in mind, I am much smarter with my lifting than before.

I still think number one is going to be rest from using the wrist and adjusting how you lift for a while.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and fully back at it though. That COVID must have been a tough one.

Back
Top Bottom