Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: testosterone and acne management

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

testosterone and acne management

One of my leaat favorite effects of testosterone is the increased oil production and acne. At .5ml weekly I know my dose is much lower than most people here, I assume with worse effect. Has anyone found any methods to help keep complexion under control?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Speak with your dermatologist. This is my copy and paste answer that I always put in the Naps Q&A when other guys ask about acne.

Yes, you need to reduce your dose. I have dealt with acne all of my life. For the most part, it is completely gone. The only thing that helped was when my dermatologist prescribed Accutane. Accutane has its fair share of sides but it worked flawlessly. My dermatologist also prescribes clindamycin and Fabior foam for prevention and to combat slight breakouts. I also use fluocinonide directly applied to blemishes. Fabior may or may not be covered by insurance and it is extremely expensive. The manufacturer has a $500 coupon available on their website. If you live in a major city, there more than likely is a pharmacy dedicated to skin care only and should sell Fabiola for around $65 without insurance. A few things to remember is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I would suggest premium products such as Elemis or CeraVe depending on your budget. Yes, even with acne, your skin needs nutrients. I would highly recommend CeraVe products including their newly released acne body wash. When showering, be careful that the water is not too hot as it will cause inflammation of the acne. I suffered from cystic acne which is even worse. I would shower in lukewarm water then rinse and mildly cold water per my dermatologist instructions. Water is your friend! Assuming you are already drinking a minimum of 1 gallon of water per day, I suggest increasing it to 1.5 to 2 gallons per day. In the end, you need to have a conversation with your dermatologist on what product might best combat the acne. I would also suggest that you are upfront and honest, as I was, and let the doctor know that youíre taking gear. By informing your doctor upfront it really alleviates a lot of the trial and error of prescription lotions. Sidenote: if you are taking orals, please stop now because if the doctor prescribes Accutane then you will need lab work every two weeks because Accutane can do severe damage to the liver. Accutane works and it is without hesitation that I recommend it through a prescribing physician.

My acne is complete fine and I have run some heavy cycles. Out of all the cycles, testosterone is the one compound that seems to trigger some acne. All of the other culprits tend to leave my skin alone. However, As previously mentioned, I do go to a dermatologist and she is well aware of what Iím on. I have never hidden my gear usage from my doctors. They hate that I take any of it but they keep my blood work in check for me as requested. Thatís that benefit of having the same doctor for over 20 years.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by puffpuffwhat View Post
    One of my leaat favorite effects of testosterone is the increased oil production and acne. At .5ml weekly I know my dose is much lower than most people here, I assume with worse effect. Has anyone found any methods to help keep complexion under control?
    I would increase vitamin A intake, wash your face with anti-acne soap regular and the acne sites and it will go away.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deejal01 View Post
    Speak with your dermatologist. This is my copy and paste answer that I always put in the Naps Q&A when other guys ask about acne.

Yes, you need to reduce your dose. I have dealt with acne all of my life. For the most part, it is completely gone. The only thing that helped was when my dermatologist prescribed Accutane. Accutane has its fair share of sides but it worked flawlessly. My dermatologist also prescribes clindamycin and Fabior foam for prevention and to combat slight breakouts. I also use fluocinonide directly applied to blemishes. Fabior may or may not be covered by insurance and it is extremely expensive. The manufacturer has a $500 coupon available on their website. If you live in a major city, there more than likely is a pharmacy dedicated to skin care only and should sell Fabiola for around $65 without insurance. A few things to remember is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I would suggest premium products such as Elemis or CeraVe depending on your budget. Yes, even with acne, your skin needs nutrients. I would highly recommend CeraVe products including their newly released acne body wash. When showering, be careful that the water is not too hot as it will cause inflammation of the acne. I suffered from cystic acne which is even worse. I would shower in lukewarm water then rinse and mildly cold water per my dermatologist instructions. Water is your friend! Assuming you are already drinking a minimum of 1 gallon of water per day, I suggest increasing it to 1.5 to 2 gallons per day. In the end, you need to have a conversation with your dermatologist on what product might best combat the acne. I would also suggest that you are upfront and honest, as I was, and let the doctor know that youíre taking gear. By informing your doctor upfront it really alleviates a lot of the trial and error of prescription lotions. Sidenote: if you are taking orals, please stop now because if the doctor prescribes Accutane then you will need lab work every two weeks because Accutane can do severe damage to the liver. Accutane works and it is without hesitation that I recommend it through a prescribing physician.

My acne is complete fine and I have run some heavy cycles. Out of all the cycles, testosterone is the one compound that seems to trigger some acne. All of the other culprits tend to leave my skin alone. However, As previously mentioned, I do go to a dermatologist and she is well aware of what Iím on. I have never hidden my gear usage from my doctors. They hate that I take any of it but they keep my blood work in check for me as requested. Thatís that benefit of having the same doctor for over 20 years.
    nice advice man, thanks for this
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    what helps with me is tanning
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro i use to have acne bad when younger, how old you?

Official Representative (VIP) Vadim Fedorov's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Make sure you wash with antibacterial soap minimum twice daily and keep your diet clean, less oily foods, but more protein and veggies

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by puffpuffwhat View Post
    Of what dose?

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It is tough man because you are just prone genetically to acne. Only thing you can do is try to keep the areas as dry as possible. Scrubbing and tanning work best.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) or PM if you are interested in SYN Pharma products***

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Getting in the sunshine always will help!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast