Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

testosterone P vs. E

Hancockzap

Registered
what are the differences between these two aas test propionate and test enanthate. let's say i was going to run a cycle with short esters should i always go with the test P? or it is okay to use the E ester? what is the science behind choosing one or the other and what do you guys like to run?

what are the differences between these two aas test propionate and test enanthate. let's say i was going to run a cycle with short esters should i always go with the test P? or it is okay to use the E ester? what is the science behind choosing one or the other and what do you guys like to run?

test prop is a short ester and test e is a longer ester...

Steroid esters are made up of the steroid molecule with a carbon chain attached to it. This carbon chain determines the half-life of the steroid, and solubility in the bloodstream. Each ester contains a different number of carbon atoms, and this is what sets them apart from one another.

Formate-1 carbon ester
Acetate-2 carbon ester
Propionate-3 carbon ester
Butyrate-4 carbon ester
Valerate-5 carbon ester
Hexanoate-6 carbon ester
Heptanoate-7 carbon ester
Enanthate-8 carbon ester
Octanoate-8 carbon ester
Cypionate-8 carbon ester
Nonanoate-9 carbon ester
Decnoate-10 carbon ester
Undecanoate-11 carbon ester

The more carbon atoms present within the ester, the less soluble the steroid is in the blood stream, and this causes the half-life to be higher than with an ester with fewer carbon atoms. The steroid itself is activated when these carbon atoms are removed. The esterase and hydrolysate enzymes work by cleaving off these carbon atoms from the carbon chain. Certain steroids have been known to cause injection pain and irritation. One example is testosterone propionate. This steroid will often times cause enough site irritation to cause localized swelling. Some people are more sensitive than others to this reaction, but in general, the shorter carbon chain steroid esters cause more injection pain. The less painful are the longer carbon ester chains such as decanoate, undecanoate, and cypionate.

Many people believe that 100mg of testosterone propionate contains 100mg of testosterone, and with this thinking, it is also believed that all testosterones, nandrolones, or any other steroid are equal in potency. The weight of the ester attached to the steroid must be taken into account. Testosterone suspension is not attached to an ester and 100mg will yield 100mg of testosterone. On the other hand, 100mg of testosterone propionate will contain only 74mg of testosterone and the other 26mg is made up of the propionate ester.

Steroid esters with a longer carbon chain weigh more than shorter esters such as acetate or propionate. With the longer esters taking up more space, there is less room for the steroid itself. Testosterone Enanthate contains 55% testosterone with the other 45% being made up of the enanthate ester. A typical 200mg dose of this steroid will yield 110mg of testosterone, while 200mg of testosterone propionate contains 148mg of actual testosterone. Steroid esters with a higher half-life than enanthate will weigh even more and even less of the steroid will be present.

It is recommended to schedule injection times based on the half-life of the drug taken. When dealing with long acting esters, levels of the steroid will generally build up over time. When the steroid has reached it’s half-life, half of the original dose is gone, and another dose will be taken. After a few months of this, the level of the steroid in the body can become extremely high.

test prop is a short ester and test e is a longer ester...

Steroid esters are made up of the steroid molecule with a carbon chain attached to it. This carbon chain determines the half-life of the steroid, and solubility in the bloodstream. Each ester contains a different number of carbon atoms, and this is what sets them apart from one another.

Formate-1 carbon ester
Acetate-2 carbon ester
Propionate-3 carbon ester
Butyrate-4 carbon ester
Valerate-5 carbon ester
Hexanoate-6 carbon ester
Heptanoate-7 carbon ester
Enanthate-8 carbon ester
Octanoate-8 carbon ester
Cypionate-8 carbon ester
Nonanoate-9 carbon ester
Decnoate-10 carbon ester
Undecanoate-11 carbon ester

The more carbon atoms present within the ester, the less soluble the steroid is in the blood stream, and this causes the half-life to be higher than with an ester with fewer carbon atoms. The steroid itself is activated when these carbon atoms are removed. The esterase and hydrolysate enzymes work by cleaving off these carbon atoms from the carbon chain. Certain steroids have been known to cause injection pain and irritation. One example is testosterone propionate. This steroid will often times cause enough site irritation to cause localized swelling. Some people are more sensitive than others to this reaction, but in general, the shorter carbon chain steroid esters cause more injection pain. The less painful are the longer carbon ester chains such as decanoate, undecanoate, and cypionate.

Many people believe that 100mg of testosterone propionate contains 100mg of testosterone, and with this thinking, it is also believed that all testosterones, nandrolones, or any other steroid are equal in potency. The weight of the ester attached to the steroid must be taken into account. Testosterone suspension is not attached to an ester and 100mg will yield 100mg of testosterone. On the other hand, 100mg of testosterone propionate will contain only 74mg of testosterone and the other 26mg is made up of the propionate ester.

Steroid esters with a longer carbon chain weigh more than shorter esters such as acetate or propionate. With the longer esters taking up more space, there is less room for the steroid itself. Testosterone Enanthate contains 55% testosterone with the other 45% being made up of the enanthate ester. A typical 200mg dose of this steroid will yield 110mg of testosterone, while 200mg of testosterone propionate contains 148mg of actual testosterone. Steroid esters with a higher half-life than enanthate will weigh even more and even less of the steroid will be present.

It is recommended to schedule injection times based on the half-life of the drug taken. When dealing with long acting esters, levels of the steroid will generally build up over time. When the steroid has reached it’s half-life, half of the original dose is gone, and another dose will be taken. After a few months of this, the level of the steroid in the body can become extremely high.

Wow really great info!! I guess I've known the difference in all of the esters, all of the half life info and the results that I typically get from each for many years, but I definitely didnt know about the ester weights.

Man, I am totally realizing that I operated well into 2010 using 1990s methods. Pre internet bodybuilding sites I guess we mostly got our info from the guys who had been doing it longer. It's very clear that a lot of that info was based on trial and error and straight results, much less on medical science. You guys know so much more about this stuff now! I mean seriously, it would make you cringe to hear about the stuff the older dudes used to tell is to do back then.

Having been on this site for about a year it has become clear that most people that give advice have no clue what the hell they are talking about. (outside of this site of course). For me Prop is so painful that I would never consider running an 8 week cycle of it. I personally don't see a problem with running enanthate or cypionate with short esters. The rest of the compounds I would stick with either short or long esters. Also, if I were running shorter acting esters I would probably go with a TRT dose of enanthate or cyp. If Test was going to be the highest dosed compound I would go with longer esters.

Wow really great info!! I guess I've known the difference in all of the esters, all of the half life info and the results that I typically get from each for many years, but I definitely didnt know about the ester weights.

Man, I am totally realizing that I operated well into 2010 using 1990s methods. Pre internet bodybuilding sites I guess we mostly got our info from the guys who had been doing it longer. It's very clear that a lot of that info was based on trial and error and straight results, much less on medical science. You guys know so much more about this stuff now! I mean seriously, it would make you cringe to hear about the stuff the older dudes used to tell is to do back then.
happy to help

There's no science in looking both of them up - reading up on the half lives and choosing which you want.

injecting more or less frequently has more to do with making it easier on yourself and mixing oils in the same syringe.

you don't need to always do a short ester with another short ester but it can be more convienient

There is no science behind it. One is a short ester and one is a long ester. Only thing that separates them is the half life

Back
Top Bottom