Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tire Dragging?

Frogznlogz

Growing Brother
Anyone have experience with a harness dragging tires? I'm looking for something heavy that is easy on my bad knees and can get a tire 150-300 lbs delivered for about 60 bucks. Harness is another 50 or so. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

i wouldn't start off with a tire that is that heavy.

What weight would you recommend? My knees only bother me on certain things, I have no problem leg pressing 30 plates (which really sucks to re-rack). And I'm still trying to build strength, so I figured shorter distances with a heavy pull would better? I'll have to do some research I guess...

If I had someone available, I'd put them in my car in neutral and push it up a hill. 😅 I was gonna do farmer carries, but fucked up my elbow doing bent over rows with a curl bar. (I think the grip angle and width contributed to the injury). Even making a fist and squeezing hurts my elbow.

300 pounds? that would be way too much to train with. maybe down the line for a max out session just to see how strong you are i can see. but not to train daily. stick to under 100 pounds and you would get a good workout

300 pounds? that would be way too much to train with. maybe down the line for a max out session just to see how strong you are i can see. but not to train daily. stick to under 100 pounds and you would get a good workout

No, I was thinking the 150lb tire, they sell the different weights in tires. I just don't know how much friction and how hard it will be to pull on the street. I don't want daily, just as part of my Push/Legs/Pull 2 days a week, maybe even strength one day and hypertrophy the 2nd leg day. Im trying to keep my pre virus routine as much as possible. Daily would kill me. 🙂

...(I think the grip angle and width contributed to the injury). Even making a fist and squeezing hurts my elbow.

The pain your feeling in your elbow is most likely due to your wrist and the positioning it was set at when you did the movements. Try to focus on not tilting or bending the wrist inwards when pulling (pulldowns, bend over rows, etc) or bending (curls) towards the body. Sometimes wrapping the wrist can help. But best to strengthen with proper form. In the meantime ice it

Sled dragging is better. You put plates on it so can load it to whatever you want

I saw some of those when I was looking at harnesses. I didn't know if you could use them on the street or not. I don't have a grass field nearby and the parks / schools are all closed.

I saw some of those when I was looking at harnesses. I didn't know if you could use them on the street or not. I don't have a grass field nearby and the parks / schools are all closed.

Sure. I mean it's not great for the paint work but...

I'm not sure exactly which weight you should use but my advice when dealing with any injury is to take things slow and start off light. If you go too heavy and end up making things worse it was a complete waste of time. Start light and add as you are able to.

I'm not sure exactly which weight you should use but my advice when dealing with any injury is to take things slow and start off light. If you go too heavy and end up making things worse it was a complete waste of time. Start light and add as you are able to.

Thanks. I will definitely do that, plus bought elbow wraps and wrist straps, both seem to help. As much as it sucks, I'd rather wait a couple of weeks on my back/biceps than push it and have it turn into months. At least on cycle I won't lose much if anything.

Back
Top Bottom