Join Evolutionary Forums


domestic-supply.com
needtobuildmuslce.com
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Total Test vs. Age (TRT Decisions)

  1. #1
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    58
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    Total Test vs. Age (TRT Decisions)

    I know this is somewhere, but I want to see if we can all come together and consolidate our numbers for the greater good. Every doctor is different and some say give a blanket total test range of 350 - 950 ng/gL for any adult male between 20 - 60 years of age. However, anyone with a brain knows that their should be more detail and an inverse relationship between the two.

    I was hoping everyone can give their two cents on normal ranges and trt threshold for the following ages (25yrs, 30yrs, 35yrs, 40yrs, 45yrs, 50yrs, and 55yrs). I know that every person is different, but a lot of people including myself have trouble deciding when to start trt and whether or not they have abnormally low testosterone.

    I'll be first, I have abnormally low testosterone and after not being on cycle for roughly 4 years, I have total test of 500 ng/Gl at the age of 31. This is about the range of my baseline from 6 years ago (yes I know it's low). So I am always wondering if my naturally low baseline justifies being on trt... however, every doctor always has a 350 threshold regardless of age.

  2. #2
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    24,402
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    No one here is an endo so all you're gonna get is what they like to take to feel good. And that's not TRT.

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  3. #3
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    47,367
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    your numbers are fine. people do not realize that not every person was born to have sky high test levels. also you have to factor in environmental factors which drive down our T levels. obviously our environment is getting more and more polluted from chemicals and plastics in our oceans. the water and food you consume is all taking its toll on our health
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma HGH

  4. #4
    VIP gearhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    16,045
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OUNick28 View Post
    I know this is somewhere, but I want to see if we can all come together and consolidate our numbers for the greater good. Every doctor is different and some say give a blanket total test range of 350 - 950 ng/gL for any adult male between 20 - 60 years of age. However, anyone with a brain knows that their should be more detail and an inverse relationship between the two.

    I was hoping everyone can give their two cents on normal ranges and trt threshold for the following ages (25yrs, 30yrs, 35yrs, 40yrs, 45yrs, 50yrs, and 55yrs). I know that every person is different, but a lot of people including myself have trouble deciding when to start trt and whether or not they have abnormally low testosterone.

    I'll be first, I have abnormally low testosterone and after not being on cycle for roughly 4 years, I have total test of 500 ng/Gl at the age of 31. This is about the range of my baseline from 6 years ago (yes I know it's low). So I am always wondering if my naturally low baseline justifies being on trt... however, every doctor always has a 350 threshold regardless of age.
    bro IMO at 31 you can still get your test levels back up...you dont need no TRT
    Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

  5. #5
    Moderator dylangemelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    23,475
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    thats NOT abnormally low for 31 years old at all... what do you think it is at that age? 1000? there is no set number for anyone... ive seen guys with 300 levels that feel excellent, fully functional and not on single symptom of low test even though most would consider that very low... so you cant just say that.. its based on symptoms etc... these are just numbers that can all be skewed etc...





  6. #6
    Advanced Cyborg Brother awm1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,839
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The normal range is just that.

    500 is a great number at any age.

    Dont think that everyone is born at the high end of the range and then you move downward.

    As others have said if you dont feel the symptoms of low T (and you shouldnt with that level) then you dont need TRT. If you feel like you have symptoms its likely you need to alter what you are doing on a daily basis. Get enough sleep, dont over train, eat properly, minimize caffeine/stimulants, etc.

  7. #7
    EVO V.I.P. Genixcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    677
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OUNick28 View Post
    I know this is somewhere, but I want to see if we can all come together and consolidate our numbers for the greater good. Every doctor is different and some say give a blanket total test range of 350 - 950 ng/gL for any adult male between 20 - 60 years of age. However, anyone with a brain knows that their should be more detail and an inverse relationship between the two.

    I was hoping everyone can give their two cents on normal ranges and trt threshold for the following ages (25yrs, 30yrs, 35yrs, 40yrs, 45yrs, 50yrs, and 55yrs). I know that every person is different, but a lot of people including myself have trouble deciding when to start trt and whether or not they have abnormally low testosterone.

    I'll be first, I have abnormally low testosterone and after not being on cycle for roughly 4 years, I have total test of 500 ng/Gl at the age of 31. This is about the range of my baseline from 6 years ago (yes I know it's low). So I am always wondering if my naturally low baseline justifies being on trt... however, every doctor always has a 350 threshold regardless of age.
    Regardless of age? So a 25 and a 50 should medically have the threshold on average total test

    Find a new dr.

  8. #8
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    379
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    There is a lot more to it than numbers but 500 isn't bad. If you feel good and you're not having symptoms consistent with low T, I'd recommend holding off on TRT as long as possible.

    I got put on TRT by a doc with test levels of 550 at age 40. Unfortunately I didn't do my research and I didn't realize at the time that is was all about $$$ and they didn't give a shit about me or my long term health. They just wanted to sell guys Test, HCG, HGH peptides and anything else they were stupid enough to buy, in hopes of it being the fountain of youth.

    I have since quit my doc but at my age and after being on TRT as long as I have, my chances of natural recovery are slim to none so I still self administer.

    Unlike many people I take as low a dose as possible and just try to keep my levels slightly on the higher side of normal. So I have spent all this money and gone through all this BS just to have slightly higher test levels than what I had naturally 2 years ago.

    My Test levels were in decline and because I want to keep my body in great shape and continue to train, I likely would have ended up on TRT anyway but in all honestly I could have gone several more years into my late 40s.

    I try to use my experience to help other guys on here and keep them from making the same mistake because they are in search of a quick fix or think that testosterone will make everything so much better. The best advice I can give is do not listen to a doctor unless he is a real endo and you truly trust him with your life.

  9. #9
    Proficient Brother
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    58
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo77 View Post
    There is a lot more to it than numbers but 500 isn't bad. If you feel good and you're not having symptoms consistent with low T, I'd recommend holding off on TRT as long as possible.

    I got put on TRT by a doc with test levels of 550 at age 40. Unfortunately I didn't do my research and I didn't realize at the time that is was all about $$$ and they didn't give a shit about me or my long term health. They just wanted to sell guys Test, HCG, HGH peptides and anything else they were stupid enough to buy, in hopes of it being the fountain of youth.

    I have since quit my doc but at my age and after being on TRT as long as I have, my chances of natural recovery are slim to none so I still self administer.

    Unlike many people I take as low a dose as possible and just try to keep my levels slightly on the higher side of normal. So I have spent all this money and gone through all this BS just to have slightly higher test levels than what I had naturally 2 years ago.

    My Test levels were in decline and because I want to keep my body in great shape and continue to train, I likely would have ended up on TRT anyway but in all honestly I could have gone several more years into my late 40s.

    I try to use my experience to help other guys on here and keep them from making the same mistake because they are in search of a quick fix or think that testosterone will make everything so much better. The best advice I can give is do not listen to a doctor unless he is a real endo and you truly trust him with your life.
    Thanks for your story... I have to admit that when I first started and found out that my natural baseline was at 550 at the age of 25 I thought that I had low T... however I realized that not everyone is born on the high end... I just was always wondering how I had such great performance (people would ask me if I was on gear before I even started using) with such low numbers... like I had the same numbers as a lot of 50 year olds

    In my head I told myself that whenever my numbers dropped below 400 then I would jump on TRT... However, you all have gave me some good advice to not make my decision on the number... but based on the symptoms.

  10. #10
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    455
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OUNick28 View Post
    Thanks for your story... I have to admit that when I first started and found out that my natural baseline was at 550 at the age of 25 I thought that I had low T... however I realized that not everyone is born on the high end... I just was always wondering how I had such great performance (people would ask me if I was on gear before I even started using) with such low numbers... like I had the same numbers as a lot of 50 year olds

    In my head I told myself that whenever my numbers dropped below 400 then I would jump on TRT... However, you all have gave me some good advice to not make my decision on the number... but based on the symptoms.
    It's totally way more based on the symptoms rather than the number, we all have difference test levels and for some one number might be to low but for some is their normal and don't present any problems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •