Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Testosterone vs. Free Testosterone Blood test

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Question Total Testosterone vs. Free Testosterone Blood test

About to kick off my 1-Andro cycle and I want to get a baseline of my testosterone levels prior to starting for comparison after PCT

Question is: Which blood test should I order, the two available are -

1. Testosterone Free (Direct) Serum Test
    2. Testosterone Total Serum Test

Current budget is allowing only one or the other unfortunately.. (Labcorp is agency running tests)

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nl90 View Post
    About to kick off my 1-Andro cycle and I want to get a baseline of my testosterone levels prior to starting for comparison after PCT

Question is: Which blood test should I order, the two available are -

1. Testosterone Free (Direct) Serum Test
    2. Testosterone Total Serum Test

Current budget is allowing only one or the other unfortunately.. (Labcorp is agency running tests)
    So total test is what id choose.

Both are meaningful as You could have high levels of Total Test but low levels of Free Test (the test your body can actually use).

Having said that I think your total test is more meaningful of the 2 so to see you baseline.

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by awm1981 View Post
    So total test is what id choose.

Both are meaningful as You could have high levels of Total Test but low levels of Free Test (the test your body can actually use).

Having said that I think your total test is more meaningful of the 2 so to see you baseline.
    That's what I've been reading in a lot of forums.. In terms of estrogen, would an E2 (Estradiol) blood test be worth my while as well, or is there a better test for measuring estrogens. Labcorp specifically..

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nl90 View Post
    That's what I've been reading in a lot of forums.. In terms of estrogen, would an E2 (Estradiol) blood test be worth my while as well, or is there a better test for measuring estrogens. Labcorp specifically..
    E2 estradiol is the test you would want for your estrogen levels. There will be a healthy range (for instance I use quest diagnostics and theirs is 0-40).

Ii would say its not necessarily worth it pre-cycle. Some will disagree but I think its most important 5-6 weeks into the cycle to check to make sure if you are using an Aromatizing Compound that your estrogen is in check and that you Aromatize Inhibitor (AI) is working.

I dont think 1-Andro aromatizes though? If you arent taking an AI the estrogen level really isnt super important unless you want to see where yours is naturally.

Cyborg Humanoid Brother gashred777's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    E2 estradiol is the test you would want for your estrogen levels. There will be a healthy range (for instance I use quest diagnostics and theirs is 0-40).

Ii would say its not necessarily worth it pre-cycle. Some will disagree but I think its most important 5-6 weeks into the cycle to check to make sure if you are using an Aromatizing Compound that your estrogen is in check and that you Aromatize Inhibitor (AI) is working.

I dont think 1-Andro aromatizes though? If you arent taking an AI the estrogen level really isnt super important unless you want to see where yours is naturally.
    He would still want an e2 baseline to dose to during cycle brother. So he would need his pre cycle numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gashred777 View Post
    He would still want an e2 baseline to dose to during cycle brother. So he would need his pre cycle numbers.

Right I think the thing is hes running 1-andro which doesnt aromatize to my knowledge.

Its not a bad thing to have on hand but I dont see the need unless hes stacking the 1-andro with an aromatizing compound.

Cyborg Humanoid Brother gashred777's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Right I think the thing is hes running 1-andro which doesnt aromatize to my knowledge.

Its not a bad thing to have on hand but I dont see the need unless hes stacking the 1-andro with an aromatizing compound.
    My bad bro....was moving too fast and missed that part. Thatís what back to back conf calls all day will do to the brain.

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Appreciate the input man, I ordered bloodwork for total T and E2.. going for the baseline numbers. Will put in another order at the end of the next 6 weeks w/ 1-Andro.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Use the search function to check out our articles on blood tests.

PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    awm is correct.. go with total testosterone
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast