Join Evolutionary Forums


needtobuildmuslce.com
domestic-supply.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Total Testosterone vs. Free Testosterone Blood test

  1. #1
    Newbie Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    13
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    Question Total Testosterone vs. Free Testosterone Blood test

    About to kick off my 1-Andro cycle and I want to get a baseline of my testosterone levels prior to starting for comparison after PCT

    Question is: Which blood test should I order, the two available are -

    1. Testosterone Free (Direct) Serum Test
    2. Testosterone Total Serum Test


    Current budget is allowing only one or the other unfortunately.. (Labcorp is agency running tests)

  2. #2
    EVO V.I.P. awm1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,586
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nl90 View Post
    About to kick off my 1-Andro cycle and I want to get a baseline of my testosterone levels prior to starting for comparison after PCT

    Question is: Which blood test should I order, the two available are -

    1. Testosterone Free (Direct) Serum Test
    2. Testosterone Total Serum Test


    Current budget is allowing only one or the other unfortunately.. (Labcorp is agency running tests)
    So total test is what id choose.

    Both are meaningful as You could have high levels of Total Test but low levels of Free Test (the test your body can actually use).

    Having said that I think your total test is more meaningful of the 2 so to see you baseline.

  3. #3
    Newbie Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    13
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by awm1981 View Post
    So total test is what id choose.

    Both are meaningful as You could have high levels of Total Test but low levels of Free Test (the test your body can actually use).

    Having said that I think your total test is more meaningful of the 2 so to see you baseline.
    That's what I've been reading in a lot of forums.. In terms of estrogen, would an E2 (Estradiol) blood test be worth my while as well, or is there a better test for measuring estrogens. Labcorp specifically..

  4. #4
    EVO V.I.P. awm1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,586
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nl90 View Post
    That's what I've been reading in a lot of forums.. In terms of estrogen, would an E2 (Estradiol) blood test be worth my while as well, or is there a better test for measuring estrogens. Labcorp specifically..
    E2 estradiol is the test you would want for your estrogen levels. There will be a healthy range (for instance I use quest diagnostics and theirs is 0-40).

    Ii would say its not necessarily worth it pre-cycle. Some will disagree but I think its most important 5-6 weeks into the cycle to check to make sure if you are using an Aromatizing Compound that your estrogen is in check and that you Aromatize Inhibitor (AI) is working.

    I dont think 1-Andro aromatizes though? If you arent taking an AI the estrogen level really isnt super important unless you want to see where yours is naturally.

  5. #5
    Cyborg Humanoid Brother gashred777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,680
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by awm1981 View Post
    E2 estradiol is the test you would want for your estrogen levels. There will be a healthy range (for instance I use quest diagnostics and theirs is 0-40).

    Ii would say its not necessarily worth it pre-cycle. Some will disagree but I think its most important 5-6 weeks into the cycle to check to make sure if you are using an Aromatizing Compound that your estrogen is in check and that you Aromatize Inhibitor (AI) is working.

    I dont think 1-Andro aromatizes though? If you arent taking an AI the estrogen level really isnt super important unless you want to see where yours is naturally.
    He would still want an e2 baseline to dose to during cycle brother. So he would need his pre cycle numbers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    EVO V.I.P. awm1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,586
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gashred777 View Post
    He would still want an e2 baseline to dose to during cycle brother. So he would need his pre cycle numbers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right I think the thing is hes running 1-andro which doesnt aromatize to my knowledge.

    Its not a bad thing to have on hand but I dont see the need unless hes stacking the 1-andro with an aromatizing compound.

  7. #7
    Cyborg Humanoid Brother gashred777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,680
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by awm1981 View Post
    Right I think the thing is hes running 1-andro which doesnt aromatize to my knowledge.

    Its not a bad thing to have on hand but I dont see the need unless hes stacking the 1-andro with an aromatizing compound.
    My bad bro....was moving too fast and missed that part. Thatís what back to back conf calls all day will do to the brain.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Newbie Brother
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    13
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by awm1981 View Post
    E2 estradiol is the test you would want for your estrogen levels. There will be a healthy range (for instance I use quest diagnostics and theirs is 0-40).

    Ii would say its not necessarily worth it pre-cycle. Some will disagree but I think its most important 5-6 weeks into the cycle to check to make sure if you are using an Aromatizing Compound that your estrogen is in check and that you Aromatize Inhibitor (AI) is working.

    I dont think 1-Andro aromatizes though? If you arent taking an AI the estrogen level really isnt super important unless you want to see where yours is naturally.
    Appreciate the input man, I ordered bloodwork for total T and E2.. going for the baseline numbers. Will put in another order at the end of the next 6 weeks w/ 1-Andro.

  9. #9
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    24,212
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Use the search function to check out our articles on blood tests.

    PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

  10. #10
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    50,054
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    awm is correct.. go with total testosterone
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •