Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training on cycle

joseperez

Registered
There are always tons of posts on cycles, but I see the training aspect very rarely considered. I wonder, do most of you train harder on cycle, or less, or not change your routine at all?

As much as your cycle determining gains and diet, your training methods will also do so.

I would venture to guess that many way overtrain when cycling because of the feeling that recovery is so much more, that they should do more. When in essence, they may in fact negate alot of the advantages of their cycle by overtraining.

What do you think, and what are your views on how to train/split on cycle for gaining?

It's because training is in a section on the forum. If you go to the training section you'll find more info

The only real difference for me when training on cycle vs off cycle is the volume. For example, i may stick to the same routine as such, but instead of doing 3 sets per exercise I'll do 4...

I keep the same frequency but I am able to train with more volume and weight because I am not tired and sore as long

i have found over the years that while on steroids i can lift heavier (no shit right?). however you also are going to create more problems with overuse injuries. so as you get older you must train SMART no matter on or off cycle. ego lifting is a problem for many of us on steroids. just like driving a BMW or mercedes. just because you CAN go over 100mph, doesn't mean you SHOULD

i have found over the years that while on steroids i can lift heavier (no shit right?). however you also are going to create more problems with overuse injuries. so as you get older you must train SMART no matter on or off cycle. ego lifting is a problem for many of us on steroids. just like driving a BMW or mercedes. just because you CAN go over 100mph, doesn't mean you SHOULD
well said brother and i completely agree

I lift the same on cycle and off. I give it my all. I lift hard and I lift heavy and always implement progressive overload

Ive been doing alot of 5x5 lifts in recent years I get a good steady gain in strength and dont feel im killing my body.

There is an issue with many, many members on roid forums asking questions about steroids. It's as though doing NOTHING differently other than taking steroids and boom = results.

Not gonna happen. You MIGHT gain something (probably water) and then lose it. You might as well have set the money you spent on fire. They aren't magic muscle makers.

Equally if you don't know enough to eat more and train harder being how you get to grow and make muscle then you ought not use gear.

In some ways it's easier for me as a strength athlete. I've a specific number I wanna hit on certain lifts. Let's say off cycle and out of competition I'm in the 80% zone. Enough to be strong and hold muscle. Now comp training starts - 12-16 weeks. Those first 6 weeks or so I'm pushing to 90 or so percent. Then the 8-10 weeks of gear comes in. 90% now starts to feel ok where as before it was hard but doable.

Four more weeks and it's getting brutal. I'm at 95% and I need to be on point with everything. My hood is up and the 'phones are in and I'm shutting of distractions. I'm also, cycle dependent, up anywhere between 5lbs (var) or 10lbs (dbol etc etc). That can be tiring on top of everything else (right now that'd mean 312lbs if it was happening and based on how I dressed yesterday when I weighed myself). After all I wanna smash my PB's, break records and take fkin names.

Those last couple of weeks I need to be in the 95-100% of my old numbers and I need to be doing that again and again (multiple singles). I'm also on my arse. Gear is helping me for sure. I plan on ending the cycle the day of the competition (zero need to go past it is there?). I'd have rested for a few days before hand. I'll be at my heaviest or close to it. Strong as fuck, rested and full of good food.

Part of all of this is a plan to be strong, big etc. From a bodybuilders perspective you should be the same. Don't do the same old shit, reps and weights and expect wonders to happen.

Back
Top Bottom