Join Evolutionary Forums


esarms.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
needtobuildmuslce.com
sarms1.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 258

Thread: Training Tips

  1. #241
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    184
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrt4life View Post
    Hereís a question for discussion that seems appropriate in this thread. Deadlifts. They are probably on of the most important lifts you can do, we all Iím sure agree on that. The question is some people do them with legs others recommend back day. It seems more of a leg lift than back, if only just slightly. My solution currently is instead having to choose which day to do them, just do legs and back on the same day. This has worked up to now, but as I get more advanced the workouts are beginning to be to long and intense and Iím going to have to change my splits up. So deadlifts with legs or back. What do you guys think?
    I'm doing them both on the same day now on PHUL. Heavy squats and deads on lower body power day but it is super taxing on the body and CNS. As Finn mentioned above, the more weight on the bar the more brutal it gets. I'm going to have to change it up when I start my cut because I don't think I can do it on a deficit. I'll either move to PPL or BB split

  2. #242
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21,210
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    As a strength athlete no. As a bodybuilder it'd depend on how much of a percentage of your best lift (aka 1RM) you do and then the volume.

    By way of example you'll never see someone with a 400+ kilo dead lift working squat in the same session.

    And, as I said above, bodybuilders do variations.

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  3. #243
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21,210
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Training Tip 130
    Basics, Brief, Brutal and Best.
    Given that, as a mod, I advice give advice daily on the use of PED's and the like I also get to see what I think is an undue focus on the same over getting down and dirty in the gym.

    It's no good study how many carbon atoms are linked together to create an ester of a specific anabolic steroid if you're not grinding the f**k out of a big compound exercise. There are times I think I'm gonna bust a gut, bleed or poo myself on some exercises. My face will almost certainly be beetroot red when I'm pressing 2/3rds of my bodyweight above my head or benching more than I weigh off my chest. I need to be dragging heavy s**t off the floor, be that one handed or two, in back movements. There are exercises when I'm stacking or filling the loading pins and worry about pulling myself out of the seat.

    I'm sure, cos of having tried such things (and using them from time to time as add-ons) that I can get a good contraction on some isolation movements. But equally, I'll add more mass on close grip bench press than I ever will on a tricep kick-back. Work damned hard on the basics. Rest. Eat. Grow.

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  4. #244
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    184
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Training Tip 130
    Basics, Brief, Brutal and Best.
    Given that, as a mod, I advice give advice daily on the use of PED's and the like I also get to see what I think is an undue focus on the same over getting down and dirty in the gym.

    It's no good study how many carbon atoms are linked together to create an ester of a specific anabolic steroid if you're not grinding the f**k out of a big compound exercise. There are times I think I'm gonna bust a gut, bleed or poo myself on some exercises. My face will almost certainly be beetroot red when I'm pressing 2/3rds of my bodyweight above my head or benching more than I weigh off my chest. I need to be dragging heavy s**t off the floor, be that one handed or two, in back movements. There are exercises when I'm stacking or filling the loading pins and worry about pulling myself out of the seat.

    I'm sure, cos of having tried such things (and using them from time to time as add-ons) that I can get a good contraction on some isolation movements. But equally, I'll add more mass on close grip bench press than I ever will on a tricep kick-back. Work damned hard on the basics. Rest. Eat. Grow.
    Couldn't agree more. I don't have the credentials or experience that some guys here do but I have been training for a while and I feel like I know a thing or two.

    I try not to judge others routines and I know there are several effective ways to accomplish your goals in the gym depending on what those goals are.

    But just yesterday in the gym I heard a guy telling his lifting partner about this killer workout that was gonna give him crazy "burn and pumps". They proceeded to do hundreds of reps of various isolation exercises with super light weights. At the end the guy was like "you were right bro! I can barely move my arms, that workout was beast!"

    Now don't get me wrong, I love utilizing different rep ranges and I will occasionally do "burn sets". But for me that is a weight that I can hit for 12-15 reps and I try to hit 40 reps total taking only enough rest to push out a few more reps each time.

    I have absolutely no interest in curling 5 or 10lb DBs for 40-30-20-10

  5. #245
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21,210
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The higher rep stuff, as a now and again thing, fine. But the reality is it's f'all to do with muscle building. It's endurance fibres. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to walk or bend my legs if you made me run a marathon. It's same logic right?

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  6. #246
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21,210
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Training Tip 131
    Put Your Weights Away
    This is a bug bear. The guys that leave their weights scattered all over the place are, for the most parts, weak as f**k. Posting on FB that they 'killed it' or 'beasted chest' when, in fact, I've seen 99% of them never get passed the 30kg bells on ANYTHING. And even if you had the monster of all sessions - sit your ass down for 5 minutes and you'll have enough energy to rack your weights. You had it to walk and or drive home and no one had to call a paramedic right?

    So put them back. If I can fill a leg press to the brim, rep it into nigh on 20 reps and still put them back after so can you. I get being tired (who isn't) but there's no excuse.

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  7. #247
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21,210
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Training Tip 132
    Worry / stress less
    Live, as I type this,is a thread on Cortizol I which the writer asks about using Xanax etc. Also this week I had to go to another of the companies work sites and more or less (with two exceptions) every colleague I met was stressed like crazy. Not from the actual stuff we all do (customer service and front line maintenance / site upkeep) but from all the rumors, gossip and in-house BS that comes from working in decent numbers. I do all of two days of the week and have 90% of the day to myself. Ditto the other 2 guys who cover the other 4 days a week of the 6 we're open. I saw people unable to catch my eye, complaints and investigations left right and centre. The only 'up' as a manager describing me as a 'golden boy' (f**k knows why ha ha) and the fella I'd been working with that day has previously said 'nothing stresses you'. I pointed out no ones dead and I've dealt with a TON of harder situations than this jobs thrown my way so far.

    Now all this stress, worry and the rest of the BS causes your cortisol to go through the roof. It's, quite simply, not good for you nor is taking drugs to help it (like Xanax). I just don't care if, by way of example, all the bosses job titles change or corporate has restructured. I only need to ensure I get paid at the end of the month and that my work gets done. I've written here and elsewhere that the BIGGEST guys I've been around (as in 400lb strongmen and others) are just about as stress free as I see anyone. equally they can and do turn on the 'rage' in the gym and on the platform. You see them laugh more than the skinny guys, use less drugs to make themselves happy. They aren't wired on caffeine and most of them have grab shots taken of them napping. I'm pretty sure Dorian Yates and other 300+ lbs bodybuilders have written about simplifying their lives and or having supportive partners to 'deal with the crap'.

    Now don't think I'm some kinda hippy. Sure I have stuff which needs dealing with but, all things being equal, I see that the less stressed I am (as with others) the easier it is to grow and be big. There does seem to be a connection.
    Last edited by Mobster; 06-05-2019 at 04:43 AM.

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  8. #248
    Growing Brother
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    184
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Training Tip 131
    Put Your Weights Away
    This is a bug bear. The guys that leave their weights scattered all over the place are, for the most parts, weak as f**k. Posting on FB that they 'killed it' or 'beasted chest' when, in fact, I've seen 99% of them never get passed the 30kg bells on ANYTHING. And even if you had the monster of all sessions - sit your ass down for 5 minutes and you'll have enough energy to rack your weights. You had it to walk and or drive home and no one had to call a paramedic right?

    So put them back. If I can fill a leg press to the brim, rep it into nigh on 20 reps and still put them back after so can you. I get being tired (who isn't) but there's no excuse.
    Agree 1000%! I don't care if I am crawling out of the gym, I'll be re-racking all my weights first.

    I hate walking into the gym and half the bars are loaded with plates and dumbells laying everywhere so you don't know what's being used and what's not.

  9. #249
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21,210
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo77 View Post
    Agree 1000%! I don't care if I am crawling out of the gym, I'll be re-racking all my weights first.

    I hate walking into the gym and half the bars are loaded with plates and dumbells laying everywhere so you don't know what's being used and what's not.
    Even stuff like drink bottles. The gym has 3 bins and yet benches and the floor have random bottles here and there.

    Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

    Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

  10. #250
    Banned Fella Finn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,351
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo77 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I don't have the credentials or experience that some guys here do but I have been training for a while and I feel like I know a thing or two.

    I try not to judge others routines and I know there are several effective ways to accomplish your goals in the gym depending on what those goals are.

    But just yesterday in the gym I heard a guy telling his lifting partner about this killer workout that was gonna give him crazy "burn and pumps". They proceeded to do hundreds of reps of various isolation exercises with super light weights. At the end the guy was like "you were right bro! I can barely move my arms, that workout was beast!"...
    And? This proves like what?
    You can do that any given muscle if you want but how on Earth are you gonna progress on that in the long term? Do you like double the amount of that ridiculous volume you did last time?
    There is a law of diminishing returns when it comes to causing hypertrophy so it's not like the more you keep on repping the more you grow. If that were the case we should all be doing db curls 24/7 and soon the arms would be double the size. Unfortunately it just doesn't work like that.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •