Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TRT and Hair Loss

Tuskill

Registered
I want to get some thoughts on adding Finasteride to my TRT program.

I’m 37 and now on Test C forever I’m guessing if I want to keep my T levels up. TT around 192 before adding 400mg per month, which only gets me around 465 TT, so I’m now trying 1200mg per month.

My normal hair loss per day has seemed to double on Test. I have had long thick hair all my life and now it seems to be thinning out considerably. I’m not ready to lose my hair and I’m sure my wife would prefer I didn't either.

Giving up on TRT is not an option. I’m working hard in gym and on my diet so hopefully I’ll be able to bring down the amount of Test needed to keep my T levels up, but in the meantime I've got to do something about this hair loss.

1200 a month is a low cycle not trt. At those dosages over time you could have issues. I also don't understand your comment about eventually taking less to keep you higher. The more you take eventually you NEED to raise the dosage.

Does hair loss run in your family? If it does, I hate to tell you all the Finasteride in the world won't help... especially at 1200mg a month. Also, did you put yourself on TRT or did a doctor? How long have you been on 400mg?

I don't think jumping to 1200mg a month is a good idea, especially if you are just trying to get your T levels into normal range.

Well I am a good 40lb overweight. So once I get my weight in check it should take less Test to keep my levels up. I'm on 400mg a month from a doctor, but another doctor wanted to put me on 400mg a week. I was going to take 300mg a week for like 12 weeks then taper down. 400mg a month only took me to 465 TT and Free T was still in the dirt. Was on 400mg a month for 9 weeks.

My dad has hair loss, but not my grandfather.

Last edited:
Well I am a good 40lb overweight. So once I get my weight in check it should take less Test to keep my levels up. I'm on 400mg a month from a doctor, but another doctor wanted to put me on 400mg a week. I was going to take 300mg a week for like 12 weeks then taper down. 400mg a month only took me to 465 TT and Free T was still in the dirt. Was on 400mg a month for 9 weeks.

My dad has hair loss, but not my grandfather.

That makes sense. I am amazed that a doc was going to put you on 400 a week. That's crazy for trt. I would work hard at getting the weight off. Steroids are hard enough on the heart so the extra weight doesn't help. When I was younger this wouldn't bother me. As I age it gets more concerning. Good luck and hope you get it squared away with the hair loss.

I am amazed that a doc was going to put you on 400 a week. That's crazy for trt. I would work hard at getting the weight off..

That's what I thought, and he didn't want to give me anything to control my E2. Yes I'm working hard at the weight, and to keep it off. It very much helps that my wife is onboard now. I was 175 ate good and worked out 5 day's a week, then had a kid and got married. Bam 225!!!! Now I'm back to my old ways with the full support of my wife.

Embrace it, shave your head and join the rest of us.

I feel your pain about the 175lbs and having a kid.. and sky rocketing to 225 :(

if you are using that high of a dosage then you will lose it since its obvious you are prone to hair loss as it is.

that isn't a TRT dose you are doing... you/your doctor are extremely confused about TRT. the myth that your own T will go up once you lose 40 pounds is silly considering you will be shutdown for life being on hormones in the first place. you will NOT be producing your own T on your own anymore being on TRT.. you/your doc seem to think what you inject gets added on to what your own body produces.. no it doesn't work like that at all!

I can't see any reputable doctor prescribing 300mg/week for TRT.

My TRT is 100mg/week which has kept me in the low 500's/ high 400's much like the OP. I'm seeing an Endo currently to reevaluate my protocol, but I see no way in hell he'll up my dose to 1200mg/month.

I can't see any reputable doctor prescribing 300mg/week for TRT.

My TRT is 100mg/week which has kept me in the low 500's/ high 400's much like the OP. I'm seeing an Endo currently to reevaluate my protocol, but I see no way in hell he'll up my dose to 1200mg/month.
All the guys I know locally on trt are all started at 200mg a week. Some 300. It really just depends. Reputable or not. Some drs are scared to prescribe what YOU made need and want to file everyone in like cattle. Which is rediculous cause we are all different.

KRAZIEONE

that isn't a TRT dose you are doing... you/your doctor are extremely confused about TRT. the myth that your own T will go up once you lose 40 pounds is silly considering you will be shutdown for life being on hormones in the first place. you will NOT be producing your own T on your own anymore being on TRT.. you/your doc seem to think what you inject gets added on to what your own body produces.. no it doesn't work like that at all!

Steve its not a myth. If you are overweight and older like me more then likely your E2 level is raised and SHBG is low which means more of your receptors are being used for E2 and less receptors for your T.

I am trying to drive my FT number up. I could take 1500mg and yes my TT would be high but with nothing to attach to it would be quickly cleared. Controlling your Fat and E2 levels is important whether on TRT or Cycle.

I don't want to be on 300mg a week forever. Yes it seems I'll be on TRT for as long as I feel the need to get a wood or have energy. I'm not saying you have to have 8% body fat to run a cycle, but the guy with 8% BF and good E2 levels will need less T to get the same results as someone with 12% BF and high E2.
Its not smart for a fat guy to run a cycle because he can't gain muscle. Its not smart for a fat guy to run a cycle because no matter how much T he takes matters not because there is nothing for the Test to attach to.

Most doctors that put people on TRT don't know shit!! They dust some book off that has been on there shelf for 20 years and say take 200mg twice a month.

I have a lot to learn. I learn something everyday from people like you Steve and value your opinions.

The doctor that wanted to put me on 400mg a week was trying to treat the early stages of Venous Leakage, which leads to weak and/or rapidly disappearing erections. Venous leakage has two underlying conditions: smooth muscle insufficiency, and changes of the corpus cavernosum. Low T is the freight train ride to this condition. When I have more time, I may post more on this condition.

He may be on the right track, but he was unwilling to prescribe me Arimidex or HCG so his treatment was flawed.

This is not set in stone, but is a good rule of thumb.

Testosterone Bounding

40% Bound to sex hormone binding globulins (SHBG)
58% Bound to albumins and other proteins
2% Free Testosterone

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience on running Finasteride, and currently using it?

i don't have any personal experience using it HOWEVER, I have seen SEVERAL people have long term side effects from use that have basically ruined their life with the side effects they deal with on a daily basis... its termed PFS (post finasteride syndrome) and it has wreaked havoc on several of my clients and others I have observed on it... I know some who have not had any problems whatsoever with it but the ones that have suffered with problems have been left in such an undesirable state that I would not ever recommend going anywhere near it... that's up to you but after witnessing what I have seen, its not good bro...

i don't have any personal experience using it HOWEVER, I have seen SEVERAL people have long term side effects from use that have basically ruined their life with the side effects they deal with on a daily basis... its termed PFS (post finasteride syndrome) and it has wreaked havoc on several of my clients and others I have observed on it... I know some who have not had any problems whatsoever with it but the ones that have suffered with problems have been left in such an undesirable state that I would not ever recommend going anywhere near it... that's up to you but after witnessing what I have seen, its not good bro...
Ya once you start taking it u don't stop. The hair loss returns. I did it for like 6 months it does work but over time it goes back. Not worth it. Shave ur head Lol.

KRAZIEONE

Back
Top Bottom