Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRT and Hair Loss

Home Erectus Bodybuilder
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

TRT and Hair Loss

I want to get some thoughts on adding Finasteride to my TRT program.

I知 37 and now on Test C forever I知 guessing if I want to keep my T levels up. TT around 192 before adding 400mg per month, which only gets me around 465 TT, so I知 now trying 1200mg per month.

My normal hair loss per day has seemed to double on Test. I have had long thick hair all my life and now it seems to be thinning out considerably. I知 not ready to lose my hair and I知 sure my wife would prefer I didn't either.

Giving up on TRT is not an option. I知 working hard in gym and on my diet so hopefully I値l be able to bring down the amount of Test needed to keep my T levels up, but in the meantime I've got to do something about this hair loss.

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    1200 a month is a low cycle not trt. At those dosages over time you could have issues. I also don't understand your comment about eventually taking less to keep you higher. The more you take eventually you NEED to raise the dosage.

Ramapithecus Bodybuilder DaddyT's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Does hair loss run in your family? If it does, I hate to tell you all the Finasteride in the world won't help... especially at 1200mg a month. Also, did you put yourself on TRT or did a doctor? How long have you been on 400mg?

I don't think jumping to 1200mg a month is a good idea, especially if you are just trying to get your T levels into normal range.

Home Erectus Bodybuilder
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Well I am a good 40lb overweight. So once I get my weight in check it should take less Test to keep my levels up. I'm on 400mg a month from a doctor, but another doctor wanted to put me on 400mg a week. I was going to take 300mg a week for like 12 weeks then taper down. 400mg a month only took me to 465 TT and Free T was still in the dirt. Was on 400mg a month for 9 weeks.

My dad has hair loss, but not my grandfather.
    Last edited by Tuskill; 08-13-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You could take finasteride but it may or may not help doesn't work for everyone.

Buff Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskill View Post
    Well I am a good 40lb overweight. So once I get my weight in check it should take less Test to keep my levels up. I'm on 400mg a month from a doctor, but another doctor wanted to put me on 400mg a week. I was going to take 300mg a week for like 12 weeks then taper down. 400mg a month only took me to 465 TT and Free T was still in the dirt. Was on 400mg a month for 9 weeks.

My dad has hair loss, but not my grandfather.
    That makes sense. I am amazed that a doc was going to put you on 400 a week. That's crazy for trt. I would work hard at getting the weight off. Steroids are hard enough on the heart so the extra weight doesn't help. When I was younger this wouldn't bother me. As I age it gets more concerning. Good luck and hope you get it squared away with the hair loss.

Home Erectus Bodybuilder
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post
    I am amazed that a doc was going to put you on 400 a week. That's crazy for trt. I would work hard at getting the weight off..
    That's what I thought, and he didn't want to give me anything to control my E2. Yes I'm working hard at the weight, and to keep it off. It very much helps that my wife is onboard now. I was 175 ate good and worked out 5 day's a week, then had a kid and got married. Bam 225!!!! Now I'm back to my old ways with the full support of my wife.

Banned
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Embrace it, shave your head and join the rest of us.

I feel your pain about the 175lbs and having a kid.. and sky rocketing to 225

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    if you are using that high of a dosage then you will lose it since its obvious you are prone to hair loss as it is.

that isn't a TRT dose you are doing... you/your doctor are extremely confused about TRT. the myth that your own T will go up once you lose 40 pounds is silly considering you will be shutdown for life being on hormones in the first place. you will NOT be producing your own T on your own anymore being on TRT.. you/your doc seem to think what you inject gets added on to what your own body produces.. no it doesn't work like that at all!
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, mailorderhgh, sarms1, etc.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I can't see any reputable doctor prescribing 300mg/week for TRT.

My TRT is 100mg/week which has kept me in the low 500's/ high 400's much like the OP. I'm seeing an Endo currently to reevaluate my protocol, but I see no way in hell he'll up my dose to 1200mg/month.
    "One of my favorite excuses from the Mediocre Army when defending their shitty numbers when compared to strong lifters is, 的f I didn稚 have a job and lifting was my job, I壇 be that strong too! No you wouldn稚. You壇 be playing Xbox all day, engrossed in reality TV, and sleeping until noon. You池e weak because you池e weak."

-Jim Wendler