Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To trt or not to trt that is the question

PJace

Registered
okay so this is a little bit complicated but here goes. I'm 35 years old 6 foot tall, 195 lbs with 18% body fat
my health insurance really stinks, it would cost me almost $300 a month to get a prescription for testosterone cypionate through my doctor. I've estimated just buying testosterone through the black market would be way cheaper and my wife is okay with it as long as I'm doing it the right way. What kind of advice do you have for me in this situation?

okay so this is a little bit complicated but here goes. I'm 35 years old 6 foot tall, 195 lbs with 18% body fat
my health insurance really stinks, it would cost me almost $300 a month to get a prescription for testosterone cypionate through my doctor. I've estimated just buying testosterone through the black market would be way cheaper and my wife is okay with it as long as I'm doing it the right way. What kind of advice do you have for me in this situation?

You should self TRT, it's cheaper and you will get a way better selection than the doctor can give you.

bro if you cut body fat your T would go up

You're a little young and you might see an improvement if you dropped a few percent of bodyfat. You can also pay more for a better health insurance.

All and I mean ALL of my local buddies I've helped and advised (many of who used my lockdown gym) are over 40. Those that are pushing the bodyweight get told the same as we tell you - the lower the bodyfat the better. Both to raise your own levels and for making the most of any PEDs and TRT.

I, at 56, am not yet on TRT. Just an FYI

You don't mention what your symptoms are? Why do you need TRT?

Bloodwork comes first and fore most when you are talking TRT. It is always best, in my opinion, to go the doctor route first if possible I have no issue with self trt either but a doctor is always the easiest.

If you are a legit TRT candidate based on symptoms, not only blood work numbers, then self-TRT can be a good option. The main reason guys fail with it is that they just run the dose they think and forget about it. You need to run regular blood work to ensure your test levels are at the right place. If too high you can end up with estrogen issues.

35 is young for TRT. Plus, I agree with the guys about getting bloodwork. And you're going to need a script. In this way, if you ever travel with T, you have a legit medical need for it, just in case you get stopped.

If you indeed need ahd qualify for trt, you can do it yourself if you choose to. I do my own. Just make sure you get good stuff and dial yourself in correctly with bloodwork

I'd want to see more about your symptoms and definitely some bloodwork.

The first thing you want to do is make sure you legit need TRT. Those shady TRT clinics will sell you everything under the sun whether you need it or not. Trust me, I know from experience.

If you do really need TRT, I'm all for self administering provided you are disciplined and keep up with your bloodwork. One plus with a doc is they will make you get bloodwork, usually quarterly in order to keep treating you.

You also have to resist the urge to increase your dose beyond replacement levels. When you self administer its really easy to just run a little more because it "makes you feel better". Just because you feel better with 1500 test levels doesn't mean it is healthy for your body.

My goal is to stay as high in the normal range is possible without needing an AI. If you need an AI you are most likely taking too much test.

I'd recommend getting bloods doing some more research and maybe even starting off on doc prescribed for a few months until you are comfortable doing it yourself.

You may not even need TRT.. that is a life long commitment, so just know what you are about to consider. Pull bloods.. Many times guys think they need it or qualify when in reality all they are feeling is what is known as being perfectly normal with aging, and just slight hormonal changes. TRT is not something that is simply an option, its a REAL DEAL choice that has some serous consequences, it's not something people wing an just try like they would with a antidepressant med of something like that. It's a lot of work, adjustments, bloods, constant internal changes, sensitivity changes, you name it.

Pull bloods, even if you are low, you may still be in normal ranges and diet along with other life changes could play a much greater positive influence than you may think!

Just so it doesn't look like I'm too down on self administered TRT - I get that people wanna feel better as many do when they're on. I also understand how you'll save a LOT of bucks buying them direct vs scripted.

However, as above it's a LIFETIME thing. Not a throw a drug at it thing. There's a bunch of fixes, from reducing life stress (dealing with shit) to losing bodyfat.

Just so it doesn't look like I'm too down on self administered TRT - I get that people wanna feel better as many do when they're on. I also understand how you'll save a LOT of bucks buying them direct vs scripted.

However, as above it's a LIFETIME thing. Not a throw a drug at it thing. There's a bunch of fixes, from reducing life stress (dealing with shit) to losing bodyfat.

Couldn't agree more. TRT should be your last choice, not your first one. I'd look for every other option first. People would be surprised what a change in diet, lifestyle, etc. can do for you mind, body and even testosterone levels.

Its tough because TRT is shoved down our throats everywhere we turn - TV, radio, billboard advertising...they have too many guys thinking that those weekly injections are the solution to all of life's problems.

Couldn't agree more. TRT should be your last choice, not your first one. I'd look for every other option first. People would be surprised what a change in diet, lifestyle, etc. can do for you mind, body and even testosterone levels.

Its tough because TRT is shoved down our throats everywhere we turn - TV, radio, billboard advertising...they have too many guys thinking that those weekly injections are the solution to all of life's problems.

Deffo, for now, a US thing

Back
Top Bottom