Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TRT Question

Hammer_Horror

Registered
Hi. Been coming to this site for awhile now but just registered. my doctor prescribed me 200mg Test Cyp a week. I'm curious to know why he and my pharmacist think it is a high dose. Especially considering my total Test was below 200. Fortunately my doctor (endocrinologist) wasn't trying to do the standard 200mg once a month like most. I've been on 100mg a week for about 5 months and just raised the dosage 2 weeks ago. My pharmacist thinks the dosage and frequency are to high. thoughts? thanks

It might be because your Doctor thinks that your Total Test should still be a little higher.

Did he do another Bloodwork, right before he increased the dosage, if so, that's the reason.
Not every Patient gets the same results on the same Mg, so some will have higher dosages than others.

Unless your Pharmacist knows all of your Medical History and Test results.
His opinion is Worthless....................................... JP

thank you. yes we did blood work again before raising the dosage. i just find it odd that my regular doctor and 2 pharmacists think the dosage is to high (borderline dangerous)

i'm confused. why would your doctor raise your test dosage and then say it was too high?

if you do not agree with your doctor then find one who will sit down with you and explain things. i find it amazing how doctors are so smart :rolleyes: but they can't sit down and explain shit to their patients because they are too good to do that.. that is the problem with the medical community.. the doctors have zero social skills cause they grew up in rich homes and we are peasants to them

in reality doctors are as dumb as rocks but they can read books and pass tests.

and as far as your pharmacist, it isn't their fucking business so they should STFU and do their job. pharmacists are in no position to give advice on such things considering they don't know your history, bloodwork, or anything else about you.

this is why i do not go to doctors and if i was in your situation i would do self TRT and get my own bloods done. and i bet there are millions of people out there who are in your situation getting horrible medical care.

Yeah - what is wrong with the pharmacist? He got a script, so there is a reason for the doctor to prescribe you the dosage that he did prescribe. He is not a doctor, and he is not aware of your health condition, so he is no position to tell you how much to use. I understand if that were some really dangerous compound that could kill you, like some strong anti-depressants, but testosterone? Besides, 200 mgs is not even close to being harmful or dangerous, so this is BS on behalf of the pharmacist.

yeah my doctor seems to believe the amount i'm now taking (200mg week) is the absolute highest dose that can be safely taken. not sure what's up with my pharmacist, i truly believe it's his job to just fill prescriptions.

thank you. yes we did blood work again before raising the dosage. i just find it odd that my regular doctor and 2 pharmacists think the dosage is to high (borderline dangerous)

Google, as I did on the subject last week, showed that many docs only offer 100mg a week. The high end was 300mg but that was rare. Yet what we all feel was an effective dose is what you're on now - 200-220mg a week. You gotta remember, when it comes to steroids, they have very little to go on research wise. Heck, just a few years ago TRT, as we have now, didn't even exist. Only recently did they start gathering data on long term effects and the like.

Steve is wrong. Shopping around until you get what you want is not quite right. Just because they don't know what we know about TRT doesn't make them bad docs lol. MD's, as in the US, are the same as our GP's here - it means 'general practitioner'. In other words they will lack any real specialized knowledge in hormonal or endocrinology science. Great for bad backs and colds but shit on steroids and TRT. Why we'd expect them to be experts... it's kinda crazy. Of course they don't know it all - even if they live in a nice house as Steve put it. Heck, we don't know f'all about delivering babies on this forum :D

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - what is wrong with the pharmacist? He got a script, so there is a reason for the doctor to prescribe you the dosage that he did prescribe. He is not a doctor, and he is not aware of your health condition, so he is no position to tell you how much to use. I understand if that were some really dangerous compound that could kill you, like some strong anti-depressants, but testosterone? Besides, 200 mgs is not even close to being harmful or dangerous, so this is BS on behalf of the pharmacist.

I agree with this for the same reasons I made comments about GP's not being experts. While a pharmacist has a duty to double check scripts 200mg aint shit. If I, no great expert, can check it so can they.

I think the typical range is 100-200mg per week. There is nothing wrong with your dose but the pharmacist likely doesn't get that prescription very often. In the end it isn't his job to bitch about it. All he needs to do is fill it and answer any questions you may have about the drug or how to take it. If he is a dick then just go fill the script somewhere else.

You were/are on 200mg cyp per week and your TT measured below 200? Dont believe you.

nope, started off below 200. was on 100mg a week for about 4-5 months. total test bumped up to 320. doc thought that was fine but i talked him into prescribing 200mg a week a couple weeks ago. that's why i say i was so surprised by the reaction from my pharmacist and other doctor (gp). will get re-tested in a couple weeks.

yes masonic, i talked with my pharmacist yesterday and he stated (after he spoke with my endocrinologist) that he never see's that high a dosage for test. he is used to 100mg every 2 weeks.

i am aware that it is a pharmacists responsibility to make sure that whatever prescription they give out is safe, whether it be drugs that negatively interact or possible dosage mistake by doctor. i do not feel it is their job to question the judgement of the prescribing doctor. here in the states pharmacists are on the lookout for fake opioids scripts but if i was gonna try to fake a test script it would be for a lot more than 200mg a week.

A typical TRT dosage is 100-200mg/week. It's very individual. The goal of TRT is to have your testosterone levels in the normal range - but on the higher side of the normal range. What dosage of testosterone you need to get there - the only way to know for sure is through blood work.

A pharmacy should WANT your business. If he is going you a hard time, take your business elsewhere.

This thread just answered a lot of questions I had about trt as my docs about to put me on it pending my pituitary test results. As my total test is down around 190-210.

Love you guys. Keep the info comin lol

Oh 1 question for the trt guys.. I'm sure my doc will advise me but does one need to do anything along with try for estrogen levels to not skyrocket while on therapy?

Oh 1 question for the trt guys.. I'm sure my doc will advise me but does one need to do anything along with try for estrogen levels to not skyrocket while on therapy?

He should but make surer to ask just in case.

As someone who is on TRT, I can tell you that your bloods will determine the need for an AI. Ask your dr for a copy of your bloods. My dr prints them off for me every time I have them done, and the various test levels will be on there as well as estrogen. I make sure to review them with my dr, and decide what to do from there. It is possible to get high E from TRT, but you might wanna get a new dr and definitely a better pharmacist. It’s none of the pharmacists business, and I’d be sure to tell him that.

if the TRT dosage is correct you probably won't need an AI. i have found this is true in 70%+ of guys

but the reality is dr's don't put you on the best dosage.. they may over dose you so in that case you need an AI.

at the end of the day blood work

It depends. Some people will need a low dosage AI when on TRT. Some people will not.

The only way to know for sure is to get blood work done while on TRT and see where your estrogen levels are at

Back
Top Bottom