needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH About The Famous "Arnold Primo/Test Stack!"

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

The TRUTH About The Famous "Arnold Primo/Test Stack!"

I may very well be the only guy old enough to have been around long enough to personally know people who knew Arnold. I never met Arnold but if I did the first thing I'd say to him is that he and I may be the only people alive who were at the 1969 Mr. Olympia show!

At any rate, I've also interviewed dozens of champions form the 60's thoughout my tenure writing for the various Muscle mags. I trained with guys who trained at Golds in Venice Beach. I've spoken to most everybody who is anybody in the industry. Back when I was a kid I was going to hard core gyms and learning the ropes from the old timers. I didn't do steroids back then, but it was apparent who did, and how they got them and how much everyone used. My friend Lydia was the wife of Zabo Koszewski (for those who even know who he was). Arnold was best man at their wedding! Zabo trained with Arnold and was not afraid to be very open about his recreational drug use. He like to smoke weed before his workouts! So I got to know who was open about this stuff and who wasn't.

There was still a stigma with some of the old guys where they felt that had to live up to the ideal presented in the magazines. Drug use conflicted with that. They were presented as heroes in the magazines and steroid use was "cheating." I don't know Frank Zane well but I know him well enough to not be surprised that he wouldn't want to talk about drugs. To him, it was such a small part of the overall approach. It's disappointed because Frank was a hero of mine as a kid. He was a thinking bodybuilder. He had the perfect physique and since both he and I shared the same genetic trait of not being particular massive but having good aesthetics, I related to him. But he's a bit of an eccentric as well. A friend of mine who also wrote for the magazines tells a story of when he taped a seminar Frank gave and Frank threatened to sue him for recording it! He seems like a bit of a control freak and I'm not surprised he'd consider his drug use as "private." Having said that, I understand he had an affinity for Winstrol and Armour Thyroid. Being the "thinking man" that he was, he took Vince Gironda's concept of stimulating the thyroid to facilitate fat loss to the next level but adding thyroid hormone. It worked.

A lot of guys at that time also used "injectable aminos" but that's a topic for another time.

As for Arnold...

As difficult as it is for a lot of guys today to believe, Arnold only used gear pre-contest. And he, like the champs of today, had a fantastic affinity for them. He responded amazingly well and very, quickly. In fact, back in 1970, a bunch of bodybuilders put on a exhibition at the Whitney museum and Arnold was between shows, and frankly, he didn't look all that special. In fact, Frank Zane looked the best. Arnold was naturally big with big arms and he trained like a fiend, so when he added AAS -- BOOM! So...what was his magical "cycle?"

I've spoken to several people who knew Arnold and even went to the same doctors. (Remember, steroids were legal at this time). And the consensus was that 8 weeks out from a show, Arnold would take a shot of Primobolan a day along with 50 mgs of D-bol, which was considered OUTRAGEOUS for the time! I know...I know...according to message board geniuses steroids don't "kick in" for 6 weeks. LOL

Sure, that's a hefty stack but Arnold was going to do whatever it took to win. And it's not that far off from what some 15 year old 175 pound jerk off today who's been traning for 6 months might take to look good on the beach.

There was no testosterone available and no AI's. Proviron may have been invented but honestly, I never saw it or heard of it or knew of anyone who used it or mentioned using it at that time.

Almost every old timer I've interviewed who admitted freely about using drugs, used mainly D-bol. In some cases that was ALL that they took. I guess they didn't know that D-bol only cycles don't work. LOL

This is why I just have to laugh when I hear some people commenting on steroid use. They really have no idea what they're talking about. Their perspective is that of someone who depended on drugs from the start so they haven't a clue as to what it takes to build pounds of solid muscle drug free. And then to hear them say that the old timers used this and that non stop when I know for a fact it isn't true, I have to just shake my head and let them languish in their ignorance. It's just a shame there are so many gullible people who listen to these morons. At any rate, that's the way it is and it's up to the individual who they choose to listen to.

So there you have it. That is the REAL Arnold cycle from the horses mouth so speak. 700 mgs of Primo a week and 50 mgs of D-bol a day for 8 weeks twice a year to create one of the greatest body's of all time. No clomid. No nolva. No GH. No clen. No tren.

You too can try the infamous "Arnold stack." But results may vary. : )
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson montana View Post
    I may very well be the only guy old enough to have been around long enough to personally know people who knew Arnold. I never met Arnold but if I did the first thing I'd say to him is that he and I may be the only people alive who were at the 1969 Mr. Olympia show!

At any rate, I've also interviewed dozens of champions form the 60's thoughout my tenure writing for the various Muscle mags. I trained with guys who trained at Golds in Venice Beach. I've spoken to most everybody who is anybody in the industry. Back when I was a kid I was going to hard core gyms and learning the ropes from the old timers. I didn't do steroids back then, but it was apparent who did, and how they got them and how much everyone used. My friend Lydia was the wife of Zabo Koszewski (for those who even know who he was). Arnold was best man at their wedding! Zabo trained with Arnold and was not afraid to be very open about his recreational drug use. He like to smoke weed before his workouts! So I got to know who was open about this stuff and who wasn't.

There was still a stigma with some of the old guys where they felt that had to live up to the ideal presented in the magazines. Drug use conflicted with that. They were presented as heroes in the magazines and steroid use was "cheating." I don't know Frank Zane well but I know him well enough to not be surprised that he wouldn't want to talk about drugs. To him, it was such a small part of the overall approach. It's disappointed because Frank was a hero of mine as a kid. He was a thinking bodybuilder. He had the perfect physique and since both he and I shared the same genetic trait of not being particular massive but having good aesthetics, I related to him. But he's a bit of an eccentric as well. A friend of mine who also wrote for the magazines tells a story of when he taped a seminar Frank gave and Frank threatened to sue him for recording it! He seems like a bit of a control freak and I'm not surprised he'd consider his drug use as "private." Having said that, I understand he had an affinity for Winstrol and Armour Thyroid. Being the "thinking man" that he was, he took Vince Gironda's concept of stimulating the thyroid to facilitate fat loss to the next level but adding thyroid hormone. It worked.

A lot of guys at that time also used "injectable aminos" but that's a topic for another time.

As for Arnold...

As difficult as it is for a lot of guys today to believe, Arnold only used gear pre-contest. And he, like the champs of today, had a fantastic affinity for them. He responded amazingly well and very, quickly. In fact, back in 1970, a bunch of bodybuilders put on a exhibition at the Whitney museum and Arnold was between shows, and frankly, he didn't look all that special. In fact, Frank Zane looked the best. Arnold was naturally big with big arms and he trained like a fiend, so when he added AAS -- BOOM! So...what was his magical "cycle?"

I've spoken to several people who knew Arnold and even went to the same doctors. (Remember, steroids were legal at this time). And the consensus was that 8 weeks out from a show, Arnold would take a shot of Primobolan a day along with 50 mgs of D-bol, which was considered OUTRAGEOUS for the time! I know...I know...according to message board geniuses steroids don't "kick in" for 6 weeks. LOL

Sure, that's a hefty stack but Arnold was going to do whatever it took to win. And it's not that far off from what some 15 year old 175 pound jerk off today who's been traning for 6 months might take to look good on the beach.

There was no testosterone available and no AI's. Proviron may have been invented but honestly, I never saw it or heard of it or knew of anyone who used it or mentioned using it at that time.

Almost every old timer I've interviewed who admitted freely about using drugs, used mainly D-bol. In some cases that was ALL that they took. I guess they didn't know that D-bol only cycles don't work. LOL

This is why I just have to laugh when I hear some people commenting on steroid use. They really have no idea what they're talking about. Their perspective is that of someone who depended on drugs from the start so they haven't a clue as to what it takes to build pounds of solid muscle drug free. And then to hear them say that the old timers used this and that non stop when I know for a fact it isn't true, I have to just shake my head and let them languish in their ignorance. It's just a shame there are so many gullible people who listen to these morons. At any rate, that's the way it is and it's up to the individual who they choose to listen to.

So there you have it. That is the REAL Arnold cycle from the horses mouth so speak. 700 mgs of Primo a week and 50 mgs of D-bol a day for 8 weeks twice a year to create one of the greatest body's of all time. No clomid. No nolva. No GH. No clen. No tren.

You too can try the infamous "Arnold stack." But results may vary. : )
    People like to think more equates to better and that it'll make up (which it does if only a little) for what they lack (genetics, drive, sticking to a diet). Ergo Arnold et al MUST have used more. Yet even super accurate historians like Randy Roach and John D Fair only have top athletes trying out 5-10mg of dbol back in the day and gaining/getting stronger on it. Yes they, like everyone else, went with the 'more must be better'.

Now I get the need to sell but I also see how if a lower dose is more healthy you'd keep customers using again and again (plus the prices for less could go up)

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    People like to think more equates to better and that it'll make up (which it does if only a little) for what they lack (genetics, drive, sticking to a diet). Ergo Arnold et al MUST have used more. Yet even super accurate historians like Randy Roach and John D Fair only have top athletes trying out 5-10mg of dbol back in the day and gaining/getting stronger on it. Yes they, like everyone else, went with the 'more must be better'.

Now I get the need to sell but I also see how if a lower dose is more healthy you'd keep customers using again and again (plus the prices for less could go up)
    Randy Roach and I used to be in touch quite a bit (he acknowledges me in his first book). Besides Joe Roark, he is one of the most accurate, trustworthy sources you'll find (though Joe is more about lifting records). And yes, when you grow up on message boards realizing how much steroids can do, the thinking is all about HOW MUCH you do, and HOW LONG and the latest and using the MOST POWERFUL drugs to get results. I actually feel sorry for those people.
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro my uncle trained with arnold in Cali when he worked tanker off coast

also i friends with chick who married to bodybuilder who was Arnold best man at wedding.

I know what i talking about. Arnold was heavy into tren, lot of tren. like 1200mg a week ahead of contest. plus lot of EQ

he not use primo lolz. primo like steroid for chicks only in that time. back then men were men, not poosies like today.. also nobody use dbol without AI, gonna get bloat 50mg a day. yo wrong bro

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson montana View Post
    Randy Roach and I used to be in touch quite a bit (he acknowledges me in his first book). Besides Joe Roark, he is one of the most accurate, trustworthy sources you'll find (though Joe is more about lifting records). And yes, when you grow up on message boards realizing how much steroids can do, the thinking is all about HOW MUCH you do, and HOW LONG and the latest and using the MOST POWERFUL drugs to get results. I actually feel sorry for those people.
    Joe Roark, for those reading, is/was the IFBB historian. He and another, Randall Strossen, butted heads over Paul Anderson and the claims made for him. All, in their own ways, sticklers for accuracy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BodyMonster34 View Post

also i friends with chick who married to bodybuilder who was Arnold best man at wedding.

I know what i talking about. Arnold was heavy into tren, lot of tren. like 1200mg a week ahead of contest. plus lot of EQ

he not use primo lolz. primo like steroid for chicks only in that time. back then men were men, not poosies like today.. also nobody use dbol without AI, gonna get bloat 50mg a day. yo wrong bro
    Nobody NOW. Vs using a low dose back then and not having any AI to use.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyMonster34 View Post

A disclaimer to any new members. Body Monster is nothing more than a clown and his posts are meant to be jokes -- nothing more. Read them for a laugh, but please do not take what he says seriously. Thanks!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    So we are talking about 700mgs of primobolan per week, with 350mgs of dbol per week that's over 1gram of steroids.

Most pros today use 2-4 grams, granted they use hgh and insulin but I bet Arnold would jump at the chance to use hgh.

I also heard from multiple reliable sources that when not close to a contest Arnold used Deca durabolin for sure and dbol too, he didn't talk about that as much.

I don't know about you Nelson but 50mgs of dbol makes me hella bloated but look at Arnold, genetics at the best.

To be fair, Arnold couldn't win NPC nationals these days so keep that in mind, the sport has grown - heck he couldn't even win the 212 Mr Olympia lol.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bros nelson arnold did primo 700mgs dbol 350mgs thats NOT nothing lol
    yea and I heard he used like cadaver hgh or something too

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    there is not truth nelson, it's all hear say
    i heard arnold used steroids year round and only took off 2 months
    10 months out of the year he was on more than 1 gram steroids!

Top 5 Jr. USA Lt/hvy weight Quadsweep's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    As the only other competitor here, I can safely say Arnold probably used more than what he lets on. I heard in many circles that Arnold used around 200mgs primobolan and 100mgs dbol, so it's closer to 2grams of steroids.
    www.needtobuildmuscle.com sponsored athlete!!!

In the final arena, there will be no judges, only witnesses to my greatness!

The weak suffer what they must. The strong endure what they will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast