Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Under or over estimating what you eat and steroids

Mobster

Staff
VIP
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
So in recent weeks we're had a few posts where the gains on cycle, even in the first few weeks, have been so amazing as to border on unbelievable. Twenty pounds in a few weeks in one case and 30lbs in another. In both cases they were first cycles. All things being equal these are amazing levels to gain. In fact, given the short time they were gained in it was thought by all concerned that the majority was water.

What was worse was the starting weights were low - real low. As in 130 or so pounds. One member was 5'9 and the other 5'8. Shorter than average maybe but not stupidly so. Both examples were of an age we like to see (so 25-plus) and with some training time experience under their belts pre-cycle. So questions were asked. What was interesting, hence the topic title, was their identical claims of 'eating like a horse'. Now, just a few weeks ago, I happened to read a health section of a national paper here in the UK which referenced so-called 'under reporting' of food intake.

Simply put not only do the underweight underestimate their intake by some margin even when asked to write it down (report it) they'd over estimate their intake. They say 'I ate breakfast every day' but forget the times they were late and missed ou. Or 'I eat dinner every night' but neglect to include the time they only ate half or substituted one for a sandwich. The same exact opposite is true of the overweight.

Not only have tightly controlled studies proved it - the kind where they're with you 24 hours a day - but the truth is there looking at you on those scales you used. Unless the underweight are feeding their pet tapeworm or have some sort of medical condition they aren't eating enough. Most of us, myself included when i was younger, have done a hard physical job and tried to train on the top of it. I'd eat breakfast at home, another at work, then lunch. If I worked over time I learned to keep snacks in my work locker and then I'd eat again when I got home. That's 5 meals and I just maintained.

What's also true of a LOT of new steroid taking users is they suddenly get real serious about every aspect. They become monk like in their devotion to every part of the program. That includes nutrition. They miss NO meals. NOT ONE. Out comes the gainer powder and there they are lining up their pills every morning (heck I do that on cycle lol). Sometimes they revert just as quickly after hence losing on their gains right after.

It's for these reasons we ask what you weigh, what you eat and it's why we know you wasn't, COULD NOT, have been eating enough. If, as per those studies, everything else stays the same (activity, gym, rest and recovery) then you MUST gain weight (even fat) if you eat more. I'll get into the training aspect and changing activity levels another time.

Before you start that sensible, EVO suggested beginners cycle, start by writing down EVERYTHING you eat. EVERYTHING. Do that and see what it amounts to. Now ate a balanced and healthy 400 kcals from protein, fat and carbs. Do that for two weeks and tell me about those GAINZ DUDE!

Thus endeth the lesson.

Last edited:
im always amazed as to how grown men can accidentally eat in a deficit. As much as a bitch about loosing weight and having to count calories as a bigger dude... im sure it would be even more frustrating wanting to gain weight and just not be naturally wired to EAT a lot.

im always amazed as to how grown men can accidentally eat in a deficit. As much as a bitch about loosing weight and having to count calories as a bigger dude... im sure it would be even more frustrating wanting to gain weight and just not be naturally wired to EAT a lot.

I ate in a deficit most of my life.. i can remember when i was a kid getting yelled at for not finishing my dinner

as an adult my appetite is crazy.. it started in my mid 20's i would say. i have to bust my ass to eat in a deficit now.. i think the younger guys who suffer from low appetite need to just be patient because as they get older shit will change

people are always telling me "oh steve you always been big".. i'm like huh? BS.. i weighed 113 pounds as a freshman in high school at 15 years old.. it wasn't until i started lifting weights and started eating to get big that i started putting on mass. it took years and years. all these young guys have zero patience, i truly feel sorry for them growing up in an ADHD society where everything comes fast.

most have NO REAL CONCEPT on what they are actually eating... i have seen guys telling me they STUFF themselves are not even at 3000 calories a day... ive literally seen guys saying they eat all day, then they list their diets and have like 2200 calories or something crazy when it comes to gaining size... you have to actually keep track of things and understand how diet works... if you are 6'0 145 lbs. theres a problem... i get accused ALL THE TIME of being undersized and im fucking 190 lbs at 6'1, so what do you think it looks like at 145-150 at that height? people are SO damn lazy and just want everything over night

When I was younger I could never eat enough to gain anything. I had a very physical job and I must of been using 5000 calories a day at minimum. I could eat what ever I wanted and it was never enough. I wish I would of tracked it back then to know what I was taking in and where my maintenance was at with being that active. I miss those days, now I have to keep track or it’s easy for me to gain fat. I have a cushy job and it’s not very physical, so all my physical work is in the gym and anything I do around the house for remodeling. I use to work my ass off all day and then go hit the gym, so I was burning a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was younger I could never eat enough to gain anything. I had a very physical job and I must of been using 5000 calories a day at minimum. I could eat what ever I wanted and it was never enough. I wish I would of tracked it back then to know what I was taking in and where my maintenance was at with being that active. I miss those days, now I have to keep track or it’s easy for me to gain fat. I have a cushy job and it’s not very physical, so all my physical work is in the gym and anything I do around the house for remodeling. I use to work my ass off all day and then go hit the gym, so I was burning a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes having a desk job is killing us in modern society

gone are the days you packed lunch, put the hard hat on, and went to the mill for a day of labor.. you burned as many calories as you took in even with a beer and dinner and stayed lean. now you sit on your ass and just get fat

if not for me exercising everyday and eating in a deficit i would be obese with a desk job since college

yes having a desk job is killing us in modern society

gone are the days you packed lunch, put the hard hat on, and went to the mill for a day of labor.. you burned as many calories as you took in even with a beer and dinner and stayed lean. now you sit on your ass and just get fat

if not for me exercising everyday and eating in a deficit i would be obese with a desk job since college

Even then there's little excuse. As we've posted in the past people don't even walk. They drive to the gym instead of walking there and then plod along at a speed I go round my supermarket quicker than while reading their phones.

And the statement everyone makes about eating all the food etc is, as I said before, plain wrong. Obviously there are upper limits to what we have the time to eat. If, as I did, I worked 12 hour (or more on occasion) shifts I only had 2-3 chances to grab food at work. And only two meals at home. It was eat more or sleep. And, of course, there are upper limits to how big we can get (I've written that mine was 299.6lbs). But with the aimed for audience of this thread (those weighing around 130lbs) it's not an issue.

It's just basic logic or biology. Let's put our 130-pound fella in front of 10 x 600 kcal meals. He, by some effort, manages to consume them all between waking and bed. So 6000 kcals. Here's what happens:

He pukes or shits out the excess and so only absorbs what he needs.
He feeds his pet tape worm and so puts on weight anyway (or it does)
He gains weight.

Or

He ups his activity levels (us back in those hard jobs again doing the extra hours) to burn off the excess (or more cardio / exercise).

Of course, although it would kinda defeat the purpose, he could medically up his metabolism to burn more and take in enough to compensate.

Even worse are the guys who pay no attention to what they are eating and just say "I'm bulking". I hate nothing more than the dirty bulk.

They are actually shooting themsleves in the foot because high body fat levels decrease testosterone levels in the body and more testosterone will aromatize into estrogen.

A lean bulk is always best. Slow and steady wins the race.

Back
Top Bottom