Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Understanding what 'Over Training' means.

Mobster

Staff
VIP
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
Further to the post https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...you-know-if-you-re-training-enough-82461.html I've seen from some of the replies that either some of you guys didn't either read the post or have little understanding of what the term means

BM and and at least 1 other reply act like they think they over train and it's good to do so. That's just wrong. It is, I suspect, confusing doing what seems like a higher volume of training compared to the typical amount vs what it actually means.

Low volume training is what power and strength athletes like myself normally do. Rarely will you see more than 8 reps and a very good example is the famous 5 x 5 program. That's 5 sets of 5 reps per exercise (work sets - not inc warm ups) and usually not a lot of exercises either x heavy weight. My own shoulders and arms workout is 3 movements (one each fro shoulders, bis and tris) plus a single set of pump movement. I've upped the warm up sets to 12 and the work set is just the ONE.

Medium / high is what most bodybuilders do. Say 3 work sets per exercise x 2-3 movements per bodypart. Reps go as low as 8 but are usually 8-12. Occasionally 15-25 for legs. Medium weight

Higher is fitness and far more cardio-vascular / endurance. It'll be lighter weight.

Now under training = no progress and even a loss of size, muscle, tone etc

Training well (as per the thread linked to above) = progress. If you train for strength and get stronger your program, routine, sets and reps are working. Those of you who claim to 'over train and it's great' aren't. You're doing the right (if higher than most) volume for you.

There's a bunch of very simple sports science stuff (worth taking 30 minutes to learn) behind what works. Then you need to
be able to identify what works for you (progress means it's working, none means it isn't) and understanding that we don't all do well on the same shit.

Over-training is just not a good thing. It'll mean a lack of progress and, like under training, losing muscle etc. But it also means you'll be tired. Recovery goes to shit. You'll start getting injured and will be sore all the time. It's not unusual to see you losing sleep, having sniffles (due to the effect on your immune system) and losing appetite.

If you claim you 'over train' and you're not getting any of the issues I just mentioned then you do NOT over train. You just benefit from a higher volume of work.

And don't try and BS and 'out macho my bros' with said BS. If size is the target and I out size you using less over all work then I don't win a prize for doing less and you don't for doing more. No one cares. But if, as I said, size was the target then I 'won'. But you WILL lose if you over train and end up tearing that muscle.

There is SOMETHING behind the following 2 points
1) PEDs (esp AAS) WILL allow you to do more and still recover. More so when combined with more (and better nutrition) and
2) The adage of 'no such thing as over training as much as 'under-recovering''.

You can go kinda (and only kinda) crazy in the gym with a higher (highish() volume IF and only if you allow for FULL recovery. Let's say, as is the case, I smash out 2 x the reps on squats as usual (Monday was 265kg/580lbs x 5 reps I think). Maybe I decided to grind out 10 reps like a mad man. Collapse after and crawl around a bit. My usual stuff takes a 24-48hrs to get over. 10 reps might mean 48-72hrs. So instead of a 7 day program I do a 10 day one. In that way I CAN do more but I understand that (more so with being off PEDs at the mo) I'll need more time. Less time might well equate to issues with recovery, injuries, aches and pains (more than the usual) and starting to have to go lighter. I'd be over training if I doubled up and stayed on the same recovery schedule.

Understand?

bro feel like you calling me out

this my workout below, tell me if i over train

this my tanker routine only, not what i do on ranch:

wake up 3:30am, take shit and shadow box 15 minutes until break sweat
scan in fo work. check make sure co-workers not dead from oil explosion during night
4:30am climb 150ft pole on tanker overlooking ocean, hang 'merican flag (will NEVER hang british flag they killed my ancestors), salute flag for 5 minutes. do 100 pullups hanging up in air with weight strapped to me (usually 50 pounds). then put legs over rod and do 100 situps holding 50 pound weight.
climb down using just arms, no legs

5:30am 30 sets until failure in tanker gym. split routine

7am start shift on tanker, only 10 minute break work 16 hours straight.

lift again 20 sets before check out

scan out, check on co -workers everyone good

sleep, next day rinse/repeat

tell me this over training? also if you want to train with me can get you on tanker as guest. we say you inspector and get yo on no problem. meet me at port and i sneak you on bra

bro feel like you calling me out

this my workout below, tell me if i over train

this my tanker routine only, not what i do on ranch:

wake up 3:30am, take shit and shadow box 15 minutes until break sweat
scan in fo work. check make sure co-workers not dead from oil explosion during night
4:30am climb 150ft pole on tanker overlooking ocean, hang 'merican flag (will NEVER hang british flag they killed my ancestors), salute flag for 5 minutes. do 100 pullups hanging up in air with weight strapped to me (usually 50 pounds). then put legs over rod and do 100 situps holding 50 pound weight.
climb down using just arms, no legs

5:30am 30 sets until failure in tanker gym. split routine

7am start shift on tanker, only 10 minute break work 16 hours straight.

lift again 20 sets before check out

scan out, check on co -workers everyone good

sleep, next day rinse/repeat

tell me this over training? also if you want to train with me can get you on tanker as guest. we say you inspector and get yo on no problem. meet me at port and i sneak you on bra

I AM calling (heck I used your initials... you don't have to feel it lol) you out cos one of your replies suggested you did over train. And if your routine, as laid out above, is enough for you to maintain or even gain on then it's NOT over training. If you're not progressing or even losing weight then you ARE over training. It's that simple.

Your volume IS higher than mine but then I'm not aiming for your kind of body and if I was it'd still be lower cos that's what works for me. Your actually kinda in the middle... slightly higher than most. Training 2x a day allows for the 50 sets total. But you don't have a whole lotta weight on the boat (you've said as much - couple of moderately heavy dumbbells right?). I'd guess you do LESS volume with more weight on the ranch. You are, at a guess, maintaining muscle and tone on the boat vs growing and improving when more rested and with greater access to gym equipment on the ranch. Have a look at Steve Michelek's volume back in the day (intensity or insanity).

As for the British thing... lol. You've claimed Spanish/Tex/Mex blood and that would mean the Yanks or Spanish killed more of your ancestors than the Brits. And why would you raise anything other than an American Flag on an American vessel?

bro okays. happy tanksgiving to you to even though you killed my people. yo new englanders celebrate tanksgiving or yo drink tea all day to celebrate?

Nah. It's a few more weeks for us. But thank you for the gesture. Enjoy your Thanks Giving

I agree with you Mobster.

But I don't believe in over training with steroid/hgh users to be honest.

I've trained 2 hours per day 2 sessions no problem just need to eat a lot of protein to help with that.

Look at Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman, those guys trained like what 4 hours per day or more and no over training.

I think training is proportionately tied to protein intake, steroid, hgh, insulin and peptide use.

Over training is a very real thing and i am glad you are pointing it out and bringing it to attention... im going to do a video on this again as i had before in the past... its a great topic and it needs to be looked at and focused on far more than it is

I believe what I see in the gym is most are undertraining, not training enough and not getting enough gains.

I agree with you Mobster.

But I don't believe in over training with steroid/hgh users to be honest.

I've trained 2 hours per day 2 sessions no problem just need to eat a lot of protein to help with that.

Look at Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman, those guys trained like what 4 hours per day or more and no over training.

I think training is proportionately tied to protein intake, steroid, hgh, insulin and peptide use.

Nope. Hour to an hour 15.

i can remember doing an entire session of pullups, must have done close to 200. and then my elbow flaring up. that was the first time i understand what over training was in my mid 20's. it was easy to over do it when i was younger. but once you start getting flareups like that you know you over did it.

This was a great write up mobster and good that you followed up on the previous thread about over training.

Back
Top Bottom