Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

We are what we absorb!

MONSTRO

Veteran Member
EVO V.I.P.
You are what you eat? WRONG

During many years we hear that we are what we eat , and in part is true but not completely true . If you look to someone obese and you ask him is diet plan 99% of them eat mostly junk and processed food and when you look at someone with a good shape under 15% body fat and you ask for is diet 99% eat a super clean and healthy diet. So as you can see in part we are what we eat but after you eat you have another process and is a very complex one : the absorption . Yes is the absorption the main factor of how you will look , feel and improve . This is why we athletes need to have a good gut health and great digestive system to absorb all the food you eat. That´s why we also should take a lot of digestive enzymes and also high quality probiotics with over 25 million .

You have people with intolerance to lactose , intolerant to gluten and also the more extreme celiac that normally are also lactose intolerant . And this people cant eat this aliments because they will not absorb them and even worst , eating this aliments like bread and milk will create and inflammation on your gut , intestine that will not absorb all the other healthy food you eat . So if you are intolerant to gluten and lactose stay away from them because they will destroy your body completely.

But of course you will say , less than 10% of population are gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant , so I can eat all this food´s ? Yes you can but even the non intolerants will have side effects of this products because they are very hard to digest. And if you ask most of the people when they eat bread they fell more bloated and when they drink milk got more gases.

If you are a fitness person always looking to look and fell good why you will eat something that your body will not absorb and even worst can cause inflammation on your body? Your body is your temple , take care of him giving him the best fuel. Is very important that you stay alert after each meal and see how your body reacts to each food and see what is good or bad for him . I love tuna but at same time I have hard time to digest it , so why use it .
On bulking I see many athletes pushing the food so high and doing all to achieve the calories , doing crazy thinks like do a shake from solid food ( disgusting ). And a lot of them include milk in is offseason to add more calories instead of water , but for what if your body will not absorb the milk and will also cause gut distention and inflammation . Other´s add bread to also increase calories even knowing gluten cause inflammation , for what?
We have a lot of good food´s that 99% population absorb well : Rice, Potatoes, White fish, Chicken Breast, Egg whites, Eggs, Cream of rice, olive oil, abacate, pinnacle.

Conclusion: why try to get 5k calories adding milk , bread , cereals when most of this food will be not absorbed and you will get all body inflammation . So is much better eat only 3500 calories per day of real high quality food and you will have more results and gains eating less .

That´s why sometimes less is more!

Attachments

• now-gluten-digest.jpg
    now-gluten-digest.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 34
  • now-probiotic-10.jpg
    now-probiotic-10.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 30
When I was younger and or my jobs were a LOT more physical I could get away with eating a lot more sh*t. That included a lot of milk.

But I agree with the idea of eating better. I've seen what obese people eat - supermarket trolley's with full fat cola, pizzas and family bags of crisps (potato chips). When the 'blade' Dexter Jackson (with awesome genetics) stated thus: 'If I have to eat clean, with what I have, what makes you think you (referring to the IIFYM movement) can eat junk food and be ripped?'

. This is why we athletes need to have a good gut health and great digestive system to absorb all the food you eat. That´s why we also should take a lot of digestive enzymes and also high quality probiotics with over 25 million .
!

i actually don't take any probiotics UNLESS i mess with anti biotics (which i haven't in about 10 years). my secret is I eat REAL FOOD, especially those pesky fruits and veggies and i eat organic. if you eat those foods you will get the healthy bacteria you need for the gut. if you eat nothing but processed shit then you won't. its that simple

also as far as digestive enzymes, our body spits them out when we eat meals but the trick is eating single ingredient foods vs. things with multiple ingredients. this allows the body to release the enzymes efficiently needed to digest properly. when you eat something with 40 ingredients now your body has to release enzymes to digest 40 things! so of course that makes life hard on it. so instead of depending on enzymes simply eat foods with single ingredients and if you have a meal with a lot of things THEN you can use your enzymes. we evolved eating single ingredient foods and would make large meals as a treat rarely. today in modern society we eat large meals everyday!

also gut health starts with letting your gut heal itself, most people never give it a chance including most bodybuilders. especially if you follow a bodybuilder diet you must dedicate time to FASTING. we know that when you fast minimum 20 hours your gut starts to repair itself. so i recommend doing a long fast 3X per year. Mr. Olympia champion big Ramy fasts 1 month a year and it helped him greatly. everyone shoudl be doing it

Last edited:
i actually don't take any probiotics UNLESS i mess with anti biotics (which i haven't in about 10 years). my secret is I eat REAL FOOD, especially those pesky fruits and veggies and i eat organic. if you eat those foods you will get the healthy bacteria you need for the gut. if you eat nothing but processed shit then you won't. its that simple

also as far as digestive enzymes, our body spits them out when we eat meals but the trick is eating single ingredient foods vs. things with multiple ingredients. this allows the body to release the enzymes efficiently needed to digest properly. when you eat something with 40 ingredients now your body has to release enzymes to digest 40 things! so of course that makes life hard on it. so instead of depending on enzymes simply eat foods with single ingredients and if you have a meal with a lot of things THEN you can use your enzymes. we evolved eating single ingredient foods and would make large meals as a treat rarely. today in modern society we eat large meals everyday!

also gut health starts with letting your gut heal itself, most people never give it a chance including most bodybuilders. especially if you follow a bodybuilder diet you must dedicate time to FASTING. we know that when you fast minimum 20 hours your gut starts to repair itself. so i recommend doing a long fast 3X per year. Mr. Olympia champion big Ramy fasts 1 month a year and it helped him greatly. everyone shoudl be doing it

I dont believe fasting so many hours for big bodybuilders , only 12 hours maximum . You have also natural enzymes on pinnacle .

I dont believe fasting so many hours for big bodybuilders , only 12 hours maximum . You have also natural enzymes on pinnacle .

I agree with you here. I'm a fan of fasting, a big fan but NOT for big bodybuilders. Steve is talking about health not being a big muscular guy.

I also agree about absorption, you absorb more if you use probiotics digestive enzymes and fiber daily.

your gut health is already foregone as it is as a bodybuilder however remember big Ramy fasts 1 month a year for rammadan and he is doing OKAY i think ;)

what you should do is come off everything atleast twice a year for 4-7 days and just do water. that includes supplements, vitamins, food. that will help get your body stronger and you will get better results

i know it is hard to grasp this concept but it is a huge benefit and will pay off. and no you won't lose all your gains, you will come back stronger after. your gut needs a break from constant digesting so rather then throwing pro biotics and enzymes at it and doing a half ass job it is better to let the body fix itself via fasting. it works!

your gut health is already foregone as it is as a bodybuilder however remember big Ramy fasts 1 month a year for rammadan and he is doing OKAY i think ;)

what you should do is come off everything atleast twice a year for 4-7 days and just do water. that includes supplements, vitamins, food. that will help get your body stronger and you will get better results

i know it is hard to grasp this concept but it is a huge benefit and will pay off. and no you won't lose all your gains, you will come back stronger after. your gut needs a break from constant digesting so rather then throwing pro biotics and enzymes at it and doing a half ass job it is better to let the body fix itself via fasting. it works!

For most of the people you are right because health comes first but for top big athletes do fasting and losing easy 10pounds of muscle that take so much time to get it .If this athletes do this fasted thinks many times they will never get bigger because is so easy to lose 10 pounds in 3 days but gain that weight takes month´s

For most of the people you are right because health comes first but for top big athletes do fasting and losing easy 10pounds of muscle that take so much time to get it .If this athletes do this fasted thinks many times they will never get bigger because is so easy to lose 10 pounds in 3 days but gain that weight takes month´s

Going back to Ramy. A great many Muslims will (one would hope all of them but no... that doesn't happen of course) follow Ramadan. Ideally, they would indeed fast between sunrise and sunset. In reality those that train and many others will train at night, eat multiple meals in the dark and so on.

Now the idea that someone like Ramy might lose weight isn't that big of a deal. How can it be when as a competing bodybuilder, which you both are, you know you diet to get lean? You also know about so-called muscle memory. We have heard of MrO's coming off 'all supps' (as they've put it) after winning (Dexter and Ronnie both said they did this) which means they'll drop 20+ lbs.

So forget the idea of losing your heard earned gains and taking months to gain it back. That's BS and, to quote a previous reply in another thread from Stevesmi, it was 'muscle you never had' if you lost it that easily.

Stick to the matter in hand - that of quality muscle (lean, hard, vascular and strong) being forged by quality nutrition - that of 'being what we eat'.

You do not lose muscle tissue when you fast unless u drop below 2 or 3% body fat. You lose water only from the muscle and body cells. That water comes back after 2 days after a prolong fast and within hours from short fast. This is what the science shows and you can prove it on ur own

Understand why this happens in nature. It is how our bodies survive bouts of famine throughout history. If we used muscle tissue during fasting then people like me who fast a lot would be all fat and no muscle. Just like Americans are all fat and no muscle, they didn’t get that way from fasting lol. So beauty of fasting u lose just fat and water from ur body and keep muscle tissue unless u get super skinny where u have no fat yet under 3% body fat or less.

Last edited:
You do not lose muscle tissue when you fast unless u drop below 2 or 3% body fat. You lose water only from the muscle and body cells. That water comes back after 2 days after a prolong fast and within hours from short fast. This is what the science shows and you can prove it on ur own

Understand why this happens in nature. It is how our bodies survive bouts of famine throughout history. If we used muscle tissue during fasting then people like me who fast a lot would be all fat and no muscle. Just like Americans are all fat and no muscle, they didn’t get that way from fasting lol. So beauty of fasting u lose just fat and water from ur body and keep muscle tissue unless u get super skinny where u have no fat yet under 3% body fat or less.

I always think that when we go extremely low calories diet long time we will lose alot of size because you got catabolic and cant train as heavy to keep density , but i remember when in 2015 i did no carbs for 1 year and no testosterone and i look like this , without hgh to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5u0IB-zXX0

I always think that when we go extremely low calories diet long time we will lose alot of size because you got catabolic and cant train as heavy to keep density , but i remember when in 2015 i did no carbs for 1 year and no testosterone and i look like this , without hgh to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5u0IB-zXX0

low calories is not the same as fasting. you will not heal the gut eating low calories or will you experience autophagy. that is why fasting is 1000X superior to low calorie diet

i'm never an advocate of low calories and crashing calories. i'm an advocate of cycling food, eating whole foods that are nutritious and natural, and fasting. humans are designed to feast and famine, that is how our guts are structured. this is why it is important to change what you eat just like how the seasons change. best diet is eating what is in season in your local area, for many this is hard who live in very hot or cold climates but humans are supposed to be living in mild climates. that is why meditarrean diet is the best diet in the world and best climate in the world. hot weather and cold weather can kill us within hours or even minutes. we cannot survive very long in over 115 degrees or under 35 degrees for a reason, our bodies are very fragile.

Last edited:
I just wanted to followup in this thread with a graph to show you guys the truth about fasting.

our bodies will want to conserve muscle tissue during a fast, it makes absolutely no sense for it to burn it. this is because when you are in flight or fight mode you need to hunt and look for food right? so if your body was to attack muscle tissue for energy then humans would have went extinct years ago because we would become too weak and fraile to find food. check out this study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20300080/ where people alternate day fasted for 70 days and they lost a grand total of .1kg of muscle mass during this time. which was neglible

now check out this chart on how our body seeks energy

notice in the chart from Dr. Kevin Hall who studied physiology of the human body and notice in a normal situation our bodies burn a mix of carbs, fats, and protein, that is a typical american who is fat and why they cannot lose weight. they are making life impossible to lose fat cause their bodies aren't attacking fat hard. it has to first go through that sugar which takes a day and then you see carbs tank down once the body runs out of that and then goes directly to fat/ketones. this is why when you fast longer then a day you start pissing out ketones (don't believe me? get a ketone strip and start pissing on it and you will see as proof). notice how in the chart protein stays level, it does not change where your body has to go after muscle. rather our fat/ketones is what rises. check out this medical review on a 3 day fast https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/46/4/557/4694572?redirectedFrom=PDF

again we can argue this stuff till the cows come home and it may seem illogical but the truth is fasting does not touch your muscles and goes hard after fat stores but you gotta fast the right way. so don't ever let someone tell ya that fasting is bad for bodybuilding. it isn't! check out these numbers. these individuals lost over 5kg of fat and their muscle mass stayed the same! plus their waist shrunk. this is why when i do my fasts people always tell me how i look bigger after my fast, cause i weight less but keep the same amount of muscle on my frame, all that i lose is fat and water isn't that what we want in bodybuilding? it is a weapon you should utilize

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom