Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A weak core is likely the reason you don't have a flat stomach.

Stugatz

VIP
PSL Sponsor
bloated-abs-smaller.jpg

Do you have a protruding stomach or bloated looking abs even when you're lean? Sure it may be visceral fat, or gas, or poor digestion....but it could also be the result of a WEAK CORE.

Your core needs to have a balance. Abs, lower back, hip flexors, glutes, etc. all have to be balanced in strength to have proper posture and avoid strains and pains. Let's be honest, some of us tend to neglect the muscles that don't stand out at the beach and forget to work the "functional" muscles.

Neglecting your core muscles while continually building your "beach muscles" will lead to you becoming top heavy without the proper support system underneath to hold it up. Without the proper help from your core muscles, more weight is being put directly on the spine. The spine has a mild natural arch to it to allow for some shock absorption...however when extra weight/strain is being put on your spine, it will start to bend more.

Think of pole vaulting. When the athlete plants the pole and begins to ascend the pole bends or "arches" due to the weight of the athlete. Now imagine that pole is your spine...

DangerousPotableHammerkop-max-1mb.gif

This constant exaggerated arch in your spine can lead to a condition called Hyperlordosis which is another term for Anterior Pelvic Tilt.

What happens is, when your spine's arch is exaggerated it forces your pelvis to tilt itself forward. Eventually your core muscles adapt to this posture and and strengthen in this position sort of "locking" it in place and making it harder to correct down the road.

Hyperlordosis.png

This pelvic tilt forces your stomach/abdomen outward giving you that "beer belly" look. So even when you're lean it may look like you always have a protruding or rounded mid section.

Moral of the story...STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE.

Last edited:
weak core is a big one. most weight lifters have extremely weak cores in general, but also a lot of imbalances

pyro pilates in a hot room once or twice a week is a must to build back up the core. it is a helluva workout and you have to juggle things to get it in but it is worth it

Pretty much all free weight exercises involve the core. Not sure what a hot room has to do with it.

Yes this is one of the reasons yes but many others , like eating alot during many years . Imagine put every day 4kg of food and 6 litres water to your stomach . Of course IGF grows not only muscle but also organs . IGF = hgh + slin combo. Heavy weights increase core .

My most hated thing to train is abs but the importance of a strong core is 2nd to none. It is activated in almost every lift.

My most hated thing to train is abs but the importance of a strong core is 2nd to none. It is activated in almost every lift.

Yes but for people like me with distended gut i only should do plank and vacuum , not direct abs

I think a weak core is a problem for many things not just flat stomach but if guys have pushed out abs that's because they have an HGH gut not a weak core IMO

Yes this is one of the reasons yes but many others , like eating alot during many years . Imagine put every day 4kg of food and 6 litres water to your stomach . Of course IGF grows not only muscle but also organs . IGF = hgh + slin combo. Heavy weights increase core .
At the top level yes, but for the average recreational bodybuilder they are likely not abusing HGH and slin to that extent so I would day it's more likely their protruding stomach is due to one of the reasons I mentioned in my post (gas, poor digestion, visceral fat, poor posture/core strength).

bloated-abs-smaller.jpg

Do you have a protruding stomach or bloated looking abs even when you're lean? Sure it may be visceral fat, or gas, or poor digestion....but it could also be the result of a WEAK CORE.

Your core needs to have a balance. Abs, lower back, hip flexors, glutes, etc. all have to be balanced in strength to have proper posture and avoid strains and pains. Let's be honest, some of us tend to neglect the muscles that don't stand out at the beach and forget to work the "functional" muscles.

Neglecting your core muscles while continually building your "beach muscles" will lead to you becoming top heavy without the proper support system underneath to hold it up. Without the proper help from your core muscles, more weight is being put directly on the spine. The spine has a mild natural arch to it to allow for some shock absorption...however when extra weight/strain is being put on your spine, it will start to bend more.

Think of pole vaulting. When the athlete plants the pole and begins to ascend the pole bends or "arches" due to the weight of the athlete. Now imagine that pole is your spine...

DangerousPotableHammerkop-max-1mb.gif

This constant exaggerated arch in your spine can lead to a condition called Hyperlordosis which is another term for Anterior Pelvic Tilt.

What happens is, when your spine's arch is exaggerated it forces your pelvis to tilt itself forward. Eventually your core muscles adapt to this posture and and strengthen in this position sort of "locking" it in place and making it harder to correct down the road.

Hyperlordosis.png

This pelvic tilt forces your stomach/abdomen outward giving you that "beer belly" look. So even when you're lean it may look like you always have a protruding or rounded mid section.

Moral of the story...STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE.

A lof of competitors suffer from this as well. Complete imbalance in their core muscles, very good read sir!

"Your core needs to have a balance. Abs, lower back, hip flexors, glutes, etc" <-- THIS

Especially glutes! I've always been big on abs, but neglected my lower back and glutes, now I'm having major imbalance issues. Started focusing more on lower back and glutes and less on arms, chest, etc and I'm noticing a a big difference. Work your ass, fellas! :)

how many guys have extremely strong hammies where they cannot even lay on their backs and raise their legs straight up in the air? horrible flexibility. don't wait until it gets worse and worse. start early with mobility and flexibility unless you want hip problems later in life.

another problem is strong chests and shoulders and weak backs. 95% of weight lifters have this. ask your self how much can you press vs. how much can you pull?

so no weight training cannot fix it. a lot of physical therapists will think this but they are trained to deal with old farts, not weight trainers. weight trainers are TOO STRONG already, so you won't balance things out with medicine balls and band work lol. need to get into yoga and pyro to balance the core

Back
Top Bottom