Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the best macro ratio to eat when taking GW for maximum fat loss?

you will get a million answers to this question.. lets start with introducing yourself a little.. tell us your stats, current diet and current training

GW is a tool to help you lose fat and gain endurance. it is not a stimulant at all. you probably know this but its important to understand that before you decide to change up your macro's or what not

Currently 5'9", 190lbs, roughly 18-20% body fat and would like to get down to 10-12%. I gained about 30lbs over the last couple years of lifting but not all muscle obviously and would like to lean out now.

I sprained my wrist 2 weeks ago and have to have surgery to fix the ligaments in a week and a half. So my last couple weeks of training has been squats, running, squats, lunges, and more squats. Can't really do any upper body stuff because I only have 1 hand.

My current macros are 250-300 p, 100-125 c, and I let the fat work itself out. I can definitely be stricter if I need to be but was just wondering what a good baseline macro ratio would be to lose fat. I dont know with the GW if high fat or high carb is more preferable for best results.

Currently 5'9", 190lbs, roughly 18-20% body fat and would like to get down to 10-12%. I gained about 30lbs over the last couple years of lifting but not all muscle obviously and would like to lean out now.

I sprained my wrist 2 weeks ago and have to have surgery to fix the ligaments in a week and a half. So my last couple weeks of training has been squats, running, squats, lunges, and more squats. Can't really do any upper body stuff because I only have 1 hand.

My current macros are 250-300 p, 100-125 c, and I let the fat work itself out. I can definitely be stricter if I need to be but was just wondering what a good baseline macro ratio would be to lose fat. I dont know with the GW if high fat or high carb is more preferable for best results.

When it really comes down to it, fat and carbohydrates are essentially the same thing. Both are energy sources. Protein is the building block of your body, and fat and carbohydrates are energy. That's the simplest way I can put it. You need to get more scientific if you are trying to get to pre-competition body fat levels but for just general weight loss, that's all that really matters.

I think you are making the mistake of focusing too much on the macronutrients of what you are eating, and not enough on what you are actually eating. Food quality is just as important as food quantity.

Follow the sample meal plan I have listed in this article: http://needtobuildmuscle.com/bodybuilding-blog/2015/02/24/getting-back-gym-lay/

Base your diet around lean protein sources and vegetables.

You could add Ostarine MK-2866 to the cycle - it will help with recomping, but most importantly, it will greatly enhance the healing of the joints and soft tissues after the surgery. It has been scientifically proven that it can considerably speed up the recovery from injuries and surgeries. Just my two cents unrelated to diet here, as @muskate has already got you well covered on the nutrition part.

if your body fat is accurate then I would focus on cutting down right now and getting your conditioning back while your wrist heals. you need to eat cleaner and cut out the junk food

I hope surgery is the right thing and you got multiple opinions btw.

My wife and I just had that conversation this morning. I think I'm going to take 12.5mg/day ostarine starting the day after surgery for 4 weeks then bump up to 25mg for 4 weeks and run the cardarine along side it. I'll still just concentrate on recomp but using ostarine for its healing properties. The Dr told after 4-5 weeks I should be able to start using my hand again during workouts just not for anything heavy that puts my wrist in extension.

- - - Updated - - -

if your body fat is accurate then I would focus on cutting down right now and getting your conditioning back while your wrist heals. you need to eat cleaner and cut out the junk food

I hope surgery is the right thing and you got multiple opinions btw.

He gave me options but since I had a partial full thickness tear of the TFC he recommended surgery for me. He said if I was a 50 year old with no athletic prowess he'd just put it in a brace and do PT. Since I'm young and active and I have a semi-physical job then if I wanted it to be 100% again I needed to have the ligament reattached. He said it would heal as is and quit hurting but would always be somewhat loose in the joint and never be as strong as before.

At that body fat, assuming its accurate, I'd go with high protein, moderate fat v.low->zero carbs in order for your body to become more insulin sensitised until you get to the low double digits. Just go for meat and vegetables (broccoli, aspargus, spinach, green beens, cauliflower, sprouts) especially the cruciferous ones, and throw in some nuts or nut butters (nut and sea salt only, no oil and shit) and of course some low intensity cardio. Have one cheat meal per week on an evening so that you don't binge (this will spike T3 levels when they are reduced from the zero/low carb effect) and see where you get to. At your body fat your body really has no need for carbohydrates which are purely an energy source and biologically unnecessary. Assuming you have a job which is non-physical your workouts shouldnt suffer and if your body really requires glucose it will get it from GNG so shoot for at least 250-300g of protein which right there is at least 1000cals and will add to your satiety throughout the day. Just my old man opinion anyways.

My wife and I just had that conversation this morning. I think I'm going to take 12.5mg/day ostarine starting the day after surgery for 4 weeks then bump up to 25mg for 4 weeks and run the cardarine along side it. I'll still just concentrate on recomp but using ostarine for its healing properties. The Dr told after 4-5 weeks I should be able to start using my hand again during workouts just not for anything heavy that puts my wrist in extension.

- - - Updated - - -

He gave me options but since I had a partial full thickness tear of the TFC he recommended surgery for me. He said if I was a 50 year old with no athletic prowess he'd just put it in a brace and do PT. Since I'm young and active and I have a semi-physical job then if I wanted it to be 100% again I needed to have the ligament reattached. He said it would heal as is and quit hurting but would always be somewhat loose in the joint and never be as strong as before.

I would run the ostarine at 25mg/day for the full 8 weeks. It will help a lot with recovery from your surgery. I would also add 5 capsules/day of n2joint rx.
http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Health-And-Wellness/N2Joint-RX-p319.html

During your recovery you can really focus on building your legs, perfecting your diet and cardio. It sucks, but look at it as a stepping stone to getting the body you long for. Good luck.

At that body fat, assuming its accurate, I'd go with high protein, moderate fat v.low->zero carbs in order for your body to become more insulin sensitised until you get to the low double digits. Just go for meat and vegetables (broccoli, aspargus, spinach, green beens, cauliflower, sprouts) especially the cruciferous ones, and throw in some nuts or nut butters (nut and sea salt only, no oil and shit) and of course some low intensity cardio. Have one cheat meal per week on an evening so that you don't binge (this will spike T3 levels when they are reduced from the zero/low carb effect) and see where you get to. At your body fat your body really has no need for carbohydrates which are purely an energy source and biologically unnecessary. Assuming you have a job which is non-physical your workouts shouldnt suffer and if your body really requires glucose it will get it from GNG so shoot for at least 250-300g of protein which right there is at least 1000cals and will add to your satiety throughout the day. Just my old man opinion anyways.

Thank you sir

there is no set diet for GW, but I find as long as you are doing cardio with it in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight..

Back
Top Bottom