Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats your motivation and why do you lift?

I do to get a physical and emotional reaction and training keeps me healthy. I love it when someone approaches me out of the blue or and some new guy or gal asking for pointers at the gym or anywhere in public and asks, "How old are you dude"? or "What's your age man"? or "What's your age sir"? And "What do you do to stay in good shape"? Then I tell them and their eyes get wide with opened-mouths.
And the callers on the telephone, "Can I please get your age sir''?, I tell them then I get "My God sir, you don't sound a day over 40!" This all brings a good laugh. Healthy living and do something physical everyday.

I lift for my sanity mostly. But seriously it keeps me in line and love the way I feel after a hard workout. I can forget the world and who doesn't like to look good?!

First post. Happy I stumbled across this site... Lots of reading!

Therapy and vanity. I have PTSD with anger issues and anxiety. Lifting is my world. Even just being in the gym makes me feel better. I'm not sure I could stop if I wanted to. I just feel so useless when I don't workout. Weights are my stress outlet and passion at the same time I guess. Keeps me from going to jail probably lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 30 yrs of training with some competitions thrown in.....it has become a 'Part of My Life'........just like breathing... you don't stop to think about it.. you just do it!!... the sacrifices you make.. the motivation from within that pushes you to go train when some days you may just not feel it... but once it's over.. you're glad you did......I keep saying.. it's hard to explain the love for training and lifting weights .....most would call it obsession as the T shirts proclaim.....while we that do it say it's DEDICATION....

It's about HOW BAD DO YOU WANT SOMETHING?.......whether it's a great looking physique.......chiseled pecs...busting biceps or pumped up thighs and calves. or a door wide back.. and dont' forget the rugged veiny big forearms........

if you want it bad enough.. then you find a way to obtain it..

if you lift heavy and compete......at some point... accept it... challenges are going to come your way.. and those challenges define how BAD DO YOU WANT IT.. such as injuries.. or external issues that draw your focus and attention away from the gym..... to me.. that defines your dedication to this world of strength, mass and definition... ... do you come back from an injury or operation?? or does it make you leave??..........your choice.. .. as it was stated... " There are two types of pain.. the Pain of Discipline. and the Pain of Regret........you decide!"

but overall, I love how it makes you feel, it's not a me versus the rest of the gym attitude.. it's me versus the weights.. did they win? or me?.........

I compete against myself , to constantly get better, do more or reshape a muscle with more size and detail...

it's a LOVE.........you either GOT IT.. or you don't.

Last edited:
PTSD with the anger issues+test and tren suspension= a ton of fucked up weights lol and probably some scared people in the gym

Therapy and vanity. I have PTSD with anger issues and anxiety. Lifting is my world. Even just being in the gym makes me feel better. I'm not sure I could stop if I wanted to. I just feel so useless when I don't workout. Weights are my stress outlet and passion at the same time I guess. Keeps me from going to jail probably lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it is the journey of perfecting my physique and building up my body. I go 6 - 7 times a week and I love it. I don't spend money on dumb stuff or go out and I get to relieve stress from my work day. Not to mention I compete at the national level and get to show off my hard work. The gym is my therapy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I got picked on in middle school lol. I was the very overweight kid that got bullied and picked last for sports. Once I hit freshman year of high school I was in the gym every day to make sure it didn't continue and after a year or two nobody wanted to fuck with me and I also I figured out I love to fight (which isn't necessarily a good thing). I also became one of the top athletes in football, which after the fact, turned into a, how much weight can I lift kinda deal and still is. But I still catch myself to this day sizing up everyone in the room.

My motivations doing this now in my 40's are so much different than they were in my 20's. I'm doing this totally for me now. Not for women or for the npc judges or to Impress other guys in a bar, how stupid a reason is that. But, just cause I want to. It's a nice feeling. I felt so much pressure when I was competing to do more, take more, eat more. Now I just go at my own pace it's nice.

For me there is no better feeling than knowing that you are a true representation of HARD WORK. Being able to look in the mirror and truthfully say.....I LOOK GOOD. On some levels it could be labled narcisistic. However, I think its a healthy way of being able to applaud oneself for a job well done.

For me there is no better feeling than knowing that you are a true representation of HARD WORK. Being able to look in the mirror and truthfully say.....I LOOK GOOD. On some levels it could be labled narcisistic. However, I think its a healthy way of being able to applaud oneself for a job well done.

And the crowd goes crazy! APPLAUSE!

Back
Top Bottom