Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats your motivation and why do you lift?

zedhed

Beginner Brother
Registered
I hate the way males look for the most part in this day and age. Especially my age group. This is my protest against the norm and accepted of our lazy piss poor attitude of our society. And I just like doing it. And my wife loves the way I look. And it brings organization into my life. :cool:

Amen! That's definitely part of it for me - I'm so tired of the "fat American" world image that lifting and keeping active is kind of my riot act against our norm of being fat and sedentary. Other than that, I think its kind of a zen thing for me - I love watching my body transform; growing, shedding fat, getting stronger........its a micro achievement every time I look in the mirror and say to myself, "Damn! I'm getting big!" or when I put on a shirt that used to be loose on my that now fits like a bra (lol).

I'm also a musician and a music lover and it gives me time to either listen to new music that I've bought or to just get all of my anger and frustration out through sublimation. There are infinite reasons!

( Oh and I also want to look good naked :p )

I just want to look intimidating and succeed at everything i do.

if i look at it in a micro sense there is a gorgeous girl at the gym who works out everyday around when i am there and she is amazing, much props to her as she kicks major ass.. probably the only person at the gym who i can say works out harder than me with more intensity. yesterday she showed up towards the end of my workout and it really lifted my spirits... usually she is already there and then is still there when i leave and is always helping out other females in the gym and giving them pointers. so i guess what motivates me is the environment at the gym... if you have a gym with people like this you are gonna naturally be more motivated for sure.

also i agree with liff that music gets me pumped up as well. i hate most of the music they play at the gym so i bring my own earphones. i am very picky about music though so i always am looking for new stuff.

My motivation has and always will be my passion for this lifestyle. My wife and I are training partners, we are both working to step on stage...her for her first time and mine to get back on from a 6 year layoff due to priorities of being a dad and husband. When my little girl came up to me not too long ago and asked "dad, when are you going to go up on stage and flex your muscles again?" She is what motivates me, showing my little girl whatever you put your mind to you can accomplish!!! I live that and mentor that to her daily...my family motivates me, my progress motivates me, my coaches (Zed) motivates me, my desire to get to Nationals in the Masters Division motivates me, to be fit, strong, healthy, and doing this until God calls upon me to do his will elsewhere continues my desire to achieve in this lifestyle and infect as many along the way in doing so also.

also i agree with liff that music gets me pumped up as well. i hate most of the music they play at the gym so i bring my own earphones. i am very picky about music though so i always am looking for new stuff.

I'm the same way about my music, particularly with the gym. There isn't much music that gets me pumped up enough to move heavy weight so my workout playlist is usually short, but effective.

I like to look good naked!

LOL, while that is true, I live this lifestyle for a lot of reasons. It gives me a great sense of confidence, self accomplishment, and pride that nothing else can give me. When I'm in the gym, its my time. It's as selfish as I get then. It's all about me. This is a physical lifestyle, with a very positive effect on your mental state as well. Through the motivation, determination, and dedication of bodybuilding, I have carried it over into everything else I do. I go out of my way to not half ass anything, and I can't say that I would be that way without the lifestyle I choose. In my honest opinion, bodybuilding has made me a better person physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I lift because I enjoy it, it keeps me focused and on target. TBH there are little parts of many posts in here that apply to me and I definatly enjoy and participate for numerous reasons combined. its a lifestyle rather than an activity/hobby...

I don't know what more I can say besides it truly is EVERYTHING to me... I love it beyond what anyone can imagine... 7 days a week I bust my ass in the gym, knowing that the next day I an accomplish even more and knowing that, and seeing what I have accomplished just drives me for more... Its a constant hunger, an everyday defining moment internally and a self intrinsic motivation that pushes me to reach limits that seem unattainable... I always want more in everything I do... I strive for perfection and by doing so, there is always something to work at... I truly do love the work, the results and THE FEELING... The feeling of accomplishment, of internal and external satisfaction and the general well being that comes along with it... Its like breathing to me... Its like food and water to me... Without it, I do not believe I could survive... With it, I feel like I can do anything... God blessed me with self intrinsic motivation and a will to constantly push and go for more and I want to utilize it as much as I can...

^^^ Dylan you are blessed bro. i really wish i could put in 7 days a week. with my other thing going on life I can only go 4-5X per week. i am hoping next year if i move to a closer gym and can reduce my other priorities I will be able to take things up a notch

Health and the ability to look youthful with proper diet and training.I refuse to let myself go lol.

Hmmm...I don't think it was just one thing for me, I lifted for different things at different stages. For instance, as a teenager I lifted to be strong and intimidate other boys, in my early twenties it was all about looking big and muscular to get me some pie. This year has been an eye opener for me about why I need to exercise, I'm fed up of the endless bulks and cuts, I am 30 lbs overweight now and have decided to cut one last time, will simply not allow myself to fall off again. I'm planning to do my second and LAST cycle in Jan after I get back to a respectable Bf. Maybe some GH for 20 weeks if I can afford it, or just a 12 week TestE and Anavar cycle, a perfect cycle with optimum dieting, training, rest and Pct to ensure minimum side's and maximum gains. Once I'm done with that I'm only going to exercise for health, I'm never stepping on stage, I'm at a stage where I don't want a woman who's attracted to me only because of my abs. Over the years I've injured myself multiple times trying to impress others. Now on, I'll lift for myself, for my health n' well being and not let this lifestyle be an impediment mentally or literally to achieving success in other walks of life.

i am hoping next year if i move to a closer gym and can reduce my other priorities I will be able to take things up a notch

But Steve, you won't have that gorgeous girl to motivate you if you change gyms mate :D

For me I have many reasons, but to put it plain and simply I love watching my body progress and I love the fact that the discipline involved carries over into other aspects of my life. Regardless of anything else (supplements, competing, ETC) I Will always love going to the gym and training, the feeling you get is like no other.

The challenge. One more rep. One more plate. The added bonus of health and fitness doesn't go a miss either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the feeling of having my muscles pumped full of blood. The pump is the cure to everything.

Plus I love that it doesn't matter what your social standing is rich poor etc the gym is the great equalizer. My friends may earn more money than me but when there girlfriends see me they always touching my arms and shoulders. I lift primarily to look good and because nothing can beat the satisfying feeling of a intense training session

I like being the biggest guy in the room. lol I lift to stay in shape and over the years it has become a way of life for me.

Back
Top Bottom