Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When do you cut after bulking?

billmurdoch77

Registered
Im curious as to when you guys start to cut after a bulking cycle. Im thinking of doing an 8 week cycle of test e (500 mg/week) with dbol (25mg/day) for the first 4 weeks, with anastrozole 1mg EOD. Im planning to start tamoxifen approximately 3 weeks after last pin, 20 mg/day for four weeks or as long as needed.

I am also planning on preparing for a half marathon to be held in late October or early November. My plan is to run on off days during the cycle and then really step up the cardio and cut back my lifting to maintenance after the cycle.

So my question is how long after my pct should I focus my training and diet on maintaining mass before I focus on cutting and training for the half marathon? Assuming my goal is to put on as much muscle as possible during cycle and then cut as much fat as possible while training for the half marathon.

I know there is no clear cut answer to this question, I would just like to hear your opinions based on your experiences.

Thanks

pro bodybuilders will bulk in the offseaseon and cut down close to comp

if you are an average joe don't get caught up in that bulk then cut then bulk then cut bullshit.

if you are running a half marathon it serves you no purpose to add any sort of mass.. i don't see the top 10% finishers at half marathons having much weight on them for a reason

I agree with stevesmi. Bulking is counterproductive to your goals. For informational purposes, one waits a minimum of after PCT to begin any cutting after a bulk cycle.

Im curious as to when you guys start to cut after a bulking cycle. Im thinking of doing an 8 week cycle of test e (500 mg/week) with dbol (25mg/day) for the first 4 weeks, with anastrozole 1mg EOD. Im planning to start tamoxifen approximately 3 weeks after last pin, 20 mg/day for four weeks or as long as needed.

I am also planning on preparing for a half marathon to be held in late October or early November. My plan is to run on off days during the cycle and then really step up the cardio and cut back my lifting to maintenance after the cycle.

So my question is how long after my pct should I focus my training and diet on maintaining mass before I focus on cutting and training for the half marathon? Assuming my goal is to put on as much muscle as possible during cycle and then cut as much fat as possible while training for the half marathon.

I know there is no clear cut answer to this question, I would just like to hear your opinions based on your experiences.

Thanks

Exactly so. It's up to you.

Something which I think is silly and kinda a mind fuck if you think about it is the habit of many which goes thus:

I wanna gain weight - so they go on a bulk - they gain weight - they then look in the mirror - oh my I look kinda fat - I need to go on a cut - ad-in-fkin-finitum.

Of course the answer is - slow gains / lean bulk - aka 'adding lean muscle tissue slowly' but try telling them to add it slowly... hark... are they listening? Can hear me... (cue Barbara Striesand)

- - - Updated - - -

And the marathon thing - LOSE WEIGHT. Gain it back after. Who the f**k wants to gain weight while prepping for a 20+ mile run?

Something which I think is silly and kinda a mind fuck if you think about it is the habit of many which goes thus:

I wanna gain weight - so they go on a bulk - they gain weight - they then look in the mirror - oh my I look kinda fat - I need to go on a cut - ad-in-fkin-finitum.

Of course the answer is - slow gains / lean bulk - aka 'adding lean muscle tissue slowly' but try telling them to add it slowly... hark... are they listening? Can hear me... (cue Barbara Striesand)

While I prefer doing the bulking slowly myself I don't see a huge issue with bulking more rapidly either. For some people it works very well and yields much faster progress in every aspect.
You also have to consider the problem with this super slow approach. Some people who are always afraid of losing their precious abs will eventually just end up spinning their wheels and looking the same year after year.

thats all up to you man... there's no handbook that says when you have to or should or shouldnt... for instance, i dont bulk at all and thats MY preference just like the order in which you cut or bulk is yours

Personally I'm not a fan of the yo yo bulk cut mentality. I believe in maintaining a certain level and range of being in shape that you never really bulk or cut, but instead add quality lean mass over time

Back
Top Bottom