Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why don't people have their own gyms?

VoidraMusic

Registered
Why don't some guys just get a gym done at their home? I have made my calculations, and you can get a very good and complete home gym for like 2-3000 USD (here in EU at least), with all brand new, so it can be 1500-2000 if you get some used things. That is not all that much, especially considering the time and money you save on the gym, and transport to gym. Many could afford it and have a suitable home for that. Why don't they make such a gym of their own?

Why don't some guys just get a gym done at their home? I have made my calculations, and you can get a very good and complete home gym for like 2-3000 USD (here in EU at least), with all brand new, so it can be 1500-2000 if you get some used things. That is not all that much, especially considering the time and money you save on the gym, and transport to gym. Many could afford it and have a suitable home for that. Why don't they make such a gym of their own?

Dude do u know how much a pair of 80kg dB's cost.. They ain't cheap.. Then lots of guys like myself like hammer strength stuff, 45lb plates are expensive especially if u need a lot for heavy bench's rows and squats.. Then leg presses... A fully equipped gym is lots of dollars

You can buy loadable dumbbells lol.

Anyway I've a home gym AND train at a commercial gym (currently for free). Given most users don't need an 80-kilo dumbbell (Kiwi might and I know I do) it's four fold.
1. Most homes, esp the modern tiny boxes, just don't have the room
2. Most users in our game are young guys (18-25) and are social animals. They like training with other people and being seen to do so (see examples on Facebook).
3. Most users last less than 12 months (the average is 3). That's a lot of cash for a few months.
4. 'Going to the gym' is like 'going to work'. Home has distractions and the kids, tv etc...
There are others but those are the main ones.

I'm real lucky. My home was previously an old club house for ex-soldiers. The gym room alone is 41ft x 17ft and that doesn't include a space at the end I could use as a spa or cardio area (about 17ft square). There's photos of it on my Facebook profile album.

You can buy loadable dumbbells lol.

Anyway I've a home gym AND train at a commercial gym (currently for free). Given most users don't need an 80-kilo dumbbell (Kiwi might and I know I do) it's four fold.
1. Most homes, esp the modern tiny boxes, just don't have the room
2. Most users in our game are young guys (18-25) and are social animals. They like training with other people and being seen to do so (see examples on Facebook).
3. Most users last less than 12 months (the average is 3). That's a lot of cash for a few months.
4. 'Going to the gym' is like 'going to work'. Home has distractions and the kids, tv etc...
There are others but those are the main ones.

I'm real lucky. My home was previously an old club house for ex-soldiers. The gym room alone is 41ft x 17ft and that doesn't include a space at the end I could use as a spa or cardio area (about 17ft square). There's photos of it on my Facebook profile album.

Lol who's got time to load and unload db plates bro.. 45 minute train would be 2 hours lol

Not sure what type of Gym the OP is talking about
I have a Small Home Gym, and spent over $2,000 for a Cable Crossover Machine alone.

I'm currently switching my Old Dumbbells for the Poly-Coated (not cheap)........................... JP
P.S.
If I had the space, and the money, I figure about $30,000 for the Gym I would want.

The best kind (see Rogue Fitness's gallery) are based around a power rack. But, to be fair, if I won the lotto I can see 30G, as you say, going very easily ha ha

money aside the environment is very important

I need to workout in a good gym environment

there are things i hate about the gym.. mainly the shitty ass music they play and the fact they have tv's on everywhere and I do not want to watch the fucking news or see people dying while i workout. i want to workout to get AWAY from the bullshit.

I am not sure where you got your numbers from but most pieces of commercial cost equipment cost 3-4k USD EACH. A big hammer strength or nautilus leg press is around 5k alone.

Being in an external environment also pushes you out of your comfort zone. Home is comfortable. It allows for complacency. You will push yourself harder when you are surrounded by people then when you are training by yourself at home.

The gym is also a great way to meet people.

I think the OP means a good set of dumbells and barbells, which is quite feasible for around 2-3000 USD. Me myself I have a set of dumbells, barbells, and kettlebells. The overall weight is over 180 kgs. All the set has cost me 500 usd. Yes, it may take time to change all the plates, but if you do due planning, it does not take all that much time. I guess it is a matter of personal preference.

I used to want to have a complete gym here at my house ... until I actually built one and began to use it. I wrote "until I actually built one and began to use it" because it was only then that I realized how much I both love and need the motivation that public gyms provide me. The camaraderie and interaction with others is something that I thrive on. Yeah, I had to spend one hell of a lot of money before I realized that (banging head against wall). So now that room is a home theater. And my wife just loves to remind me of all of that. Whatever.

And think of the hassle if you ever decided to move.

I think a basic home gym is fine but to really go to the next level you want the variety that the gym has to offer.

Moving home is always a hassle and I've had a home gym (inc this one) in three homes.

Most people would prefer the gym experience and be around people also trying to achieve there goals. I think if I had a gym at home I'd get sick of it i would rather go out to the gym

Back
Top Bottom