Join Evolutionary Forums

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsaleunclez.rueudomestic
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why fasting helps you live longer, helps build more muscle. and my prolong fast LOG

Moderator India #1
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Fasting is beneficial and necessary....good article steve....

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Maybe it just feels like longer lol

Big Moderator
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Fasting has only proven to have good results!!

Official Representative (VIP) ballin2504's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I use fasting techniques all the time and it helps a lot

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I love this thread especially because there are actual studies linked and charts pictured. So much better than the typical bro science, lol. Keep this one going Steve.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) or PM if you are interested in SYN Pharma products***

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    as promised here is the info on insulin sensitivity i talked about

how does it effect bodybuilders? the more you use/abuse steroids over time the more your body will become insulin resistant. this means it will become harder and harder to not become dependent on eating every 2-3 hours and being a slave to food, it also increases your chances of type 2 diabetes, and makes it harder and harder to lose fat. this is why i have argued that fasting is important for bodybuilders, even those who do follow the 8-10 meal a day eat every 2 hour thing. if you do some fasting here and there it will make life so much easier on yourself as you age. this is why you see on survival shows the big muscle meatheads have to tap out the first day from exhaustion, they simply have trained their bodies to become extremely weak and insulin resistance. fasting makes your body STRONG. so even if you are a huge meathead throwing in some fasting here and there helps to offset this weakness.

let's take a look at the studies

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...50413118302535

in this study prediabetic men followed either a time restricted window of 12 hours vs. 8 hours. they ate the same food as before, they kept the same weight but amazingly the ones that did 8 hour window had dramatic improvements in their insulin levels, blood pressure and extreme increases in insulin sensitivity. this flies in the face of those who think calories in over the course of the day is all that counts. well those people are WRONG, unless you are so short sighted that you don't grasp the difference. it matters how many hours of the day you eat, EVEN IF YOU EAT THE SAME EXACT CALORIES!!

now why does this happen? well the easy answer is when you are in a feeding window your insulin rises and stays elevated for hours after you are done eating. so if you eat in a shorter time frame your insulin stays lower. you also keep glucagon elevated and hgh elevated too. again so you ask why does it happen? it is because of SURVIVAL. these are evolutionary traits humans have developed over the course of millions of years. your body wants to store food to be used at a later time, it is what has kept humans around for so long. this is exactly why fasting doesn't burn off your muscle lol, in fact fasting will PRESERVE as much muscle as possible and use your fat instead.

now let's take a look at studies that were done on people and how it effected their blood sugar and insulin levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6832593/
    https://professional.diabetes.org/ab...in-sensitivity

Intermittent Fasting Increases Peripheral but not Hepatic Insulin Sensitivity Cycles of feast and famine wer Cycles of feast and famine were common in earlier days. To guarantee survival, metabolic adaptations to these opposing feeding states are indispensable. It has been shown that intermittent fasting (IF) in humans increases whole body insulin sensitivity without affecting body composition or body weight. Whether this is caused solely by an increase in peripheral or hepatic insulin sensitivity or both is not known. To explore the effects of IF on glucose metabolism, we studied glucose fluxes after a period of two weeks of IF and a standardized eucaloric diet (SD).
    Eight healthy lean male volunteers underwent a two step (insulin infusion 10 mU/m2 x min and 40 mU/m2 x min) hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp using stable isotopes after two weeks of a SD and after two weeks of IF. Caloric intake per 48 hrs was similar to avoid changes in body weight. Data are presented as median [min-max] and comparisons were calculated using the Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test.
    Basal plasma glucose levels tended to be lower after SD compared to IF (4.7 [4.0 - 4.9] vs. 4.8 [4.7 - 5.3] mmol/L respectively, P = 0.09. Basal endogenous glucose production (EGP) did not change (SD 10.4 [9.6 - 13.9] Ámol/kg x min vs. IF 11.4 [10.0 - 13.9] Ámol/kg x min, P = 0.67). EGP during the low dose insulin infusion was equal after SD and IF (1.9 [0 - 6.7] vs. 2.6 [1.7 - 5.9] umol/kg x min resp, P = 0.575) while peripheral glucose uptake (Rd) was significantly lower after SD compared to IF (21.4 [16.5 - 35.7] vs. 27.3 [20.4 - 36.5] Ámol/kg x min resp., P = 0.05). During the high dose insulin infusion, no differences were found in EGP and Rd after SD or IF. No differences were observed in lipid and glucose oxidation rates or non oxidative glucose disposal. Plasma FFA were (SD vs. IF): basal: 0.33 [0.12 - 0.55] vs. 0.31 [0.20 - 0.40] mmol/L , P = 0.889, during low dose insulin: 0.035 [0.01 - 0.14] mmol/L vs. 0.03 [0.01 - 0.07] mmol/L, P = 1.00 and completely suppressed during the high dose insulin.

this is incredible information and shows that even if you don't eat super clean, simply eating in a window makes a huge difference. you why so many who have used fasting and time restricted eating have CURED their pre diabets and type 2 diabetes. always make sure when you get bloods you check your glucose, many of you reading this have numbers over 95 which is the danger zone. you need to correct this or it will catch up to you, today 33% of americans are pre or post diabetic. that is due to our eating styles
    Last edited by stevesmi; 10-13-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <n2bm discount eBay store! deals on N2generate and N2guard and more!!!

Masters degree in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults

http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Steve, I agree, it really does matter how many hours of the day you eat. It's simple insulin release science here.

I see guys eating too long and too much. Fasting and controlling food intake is crucial for a healthy bodybuilder.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author
    Lev Butlerov holds a Masters Degree in Biology, he is NASM Certified, ISSA Certified, The National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF) certified and is currently working on his American Council on Exercise (ACE) certificate.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    that study is so true. my fasting glucose dropped from the 120's to the 70's when i started fasting, it was a lifesaver and no more carb cravings either
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro i used to think fasting for poosies, but now change mind, now if you don't fast you a poozy weak as fuck. in military when i served we got days with no food in desert, lucky to find cactus to eat. now people bish if they don't eat after 1h lol
    Best source is https://www.napsgear.org/

bros want to be real man instead of poosy? PM me i teach you real life

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The idea of smaller, more frequent meals had holes in it from the beginning. It might be good for people who tend to be hypoglycemic or for bodybuilders looking to "lean bulk" because it assures a consistent flow of protein, and thus, potential growth. But it does , in the end, increase insulin release and conditions the brain to want to eat more often.

Also...here's one you don't hear mentioned too often...constipation. You need a certain amount of "bulk" to have healthy evacuations and teeny meals never provide that.

It seems the old school "Three squares a day" is a better tactic than many smaller meals. And the old school method of "skipping breakfast", which was regarded as sacrilege by the medical community, is the best way to lose weight.
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast