Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wtf why is Kai Greene so poor!!

Intense1013

Anyone watch the movie generation iron which follows guy up to the 2012 mr. O? Everyone has nice houses, nice cars, nice families. But Kai lives in a Brooklyn housing project and his apt. Is just shity with a mattress thrown on the floor. I mean wtf. This is one of the best in the world could he really still be projects poor? On top of it the dude seems like a total loner and they show him posing Inn train stations with a mask on like someone would do for money.

Dude Kai is the man. I think he's just non materialistic and philosophical. Doesn't put as much value in things. ......well that and all the hgh he has to buy.

He's not poor. He choose to live like that. I'd say he has a million or 2 from shoots, guest posing, supplement contracts and competition earnings

I live in ny though and to live in a nyc housing project you can't have barely any assets, can't keep money in a bank, can't have anywhere near a 6 figure income. Something is very wrong with this picture.

Really good accountant to hide everything? Or really bad with money and blows it the minute he gets it?

Kai has a ton of money. He chooses to live the same life he did before he was pro, and be in the same gym, house, and atmosphere around those that supported him when he was nobody. I really admire a lot about Kai. Not every pro needs flashy cars, homes, clothes, and jewelry like Phil Heath

I think they purposely made Kai be in the projects for the film so the could pit the film as a battle between the champion who has it all. The money Cars and adoring fans vs some guy who takes the bus to the gym and makes money my performing in the street. It makes for better watching. We all root for the underdog.

I don't think you will find to many ifbb pros with
"Tons of money". Sure some of the top guys are good
business men too and putting money back. I'm talking
About the top tier few. Most everyone else have day jobs.
Working booths, guest posing and supplement contracts
does not make you 1 or 2 million. This sport as we all know
Is not like All the other Pro sports contracts . No mega buck
deals.

I don't think you will find to many ifbb pros with
"Tons of money". Sure some of the top guys are good
business men too and putting money back. I'm talking
About the top tier few. Most everyone else have day jobs.
Working booths, guest posing and supplement contracts
does not make you 1 or 2 million. This sport as we all know
Is not like All the other Pro sports contracts . No mega buck
deals.
I would agree with you on that for the most part, bit Kai Greene is the #2 bodybuilder in the world, and I'm sure with his endorsements and sponsorships on top of his guest posing, seminars (like the "believe" seminar he just did), and Generation Iron he isn't hurting one bit for money.

its hard to understand if you grew up rich but a lot of us who are successful as adults and who came from poor backgrounds reject materialistic things and choose to live modest lifestyles.

again many of you aren't gonna understand that.

my guess with kai is that is HIS neighborhood, that is where his friends/family are, that's where he feels comfortable walking down the street. you can go ahead and laugh at how a person lives but I would rather live modest and have a lot in the bank with 0 debt, then live like most americans with 3 car payments, 2 mortgages, a boat payment, and 100K in debt.

its hard to understand if you grew up rich but a lot of us who are successful as adults and who came from poor backgrounds reject materialistic things and choose to live modest lifestyles.

again many of you aren't gonna understand that.

my guess with kai is that is HIS neighborhood, that is where his friends/family are, that's where he feels comfortable walking down the street. you can go ahead and laugh at how a person lives but I would rather live modest and have a lot in the bank with 0 debt, then live like most americans with 3 car payments, 2 mortgages, a boat payment, and 100K in debt.

I thought you were a landlord? So don't you have at least 2 mortgages?

I swear I read somewhere that he had two places. He keeps that one to remind him of where he came from.

Anyone watch the movie generation iron which follows guy up to the 2012 mr. O? Everyone has nice houses, nice cars, nice families. But Kai lives in a Brooklyn housing project and his apt. Is just shity with a mattress thrown on the floor. I mean wtf. This is one of the best in the world could he really still be projects poor? On top of it the dude seems like a total loner and they show him posing Inn train stations with a mask on like someone would do for money.

No jk, I though he once said Harlem, which is a borrow of Manhattan,...maybe I'm wrong?

He says in the movie this is where it all started in that small apartment. He rents it out to family now
And he has his own place some where else.. he just wanted to show people where he came from to help motivate otherd.

Watch this video from 4:00 - 6.45, will clear your doubts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyICPcBKEDk

Whatever explanation the bottom line is trying to be a pro bb is really not a fiscally responsible decision. There is no money in it. Of course the top couple do very well but there is a huge dropoff after them. Why would anyone spend all that money on drugs and whatnot, mess up their relationships, ect. If the only way to make real money is being the top 3 or so in the world. Think of the chances of that. It's like a basketball player having to be LeBron or Durant to make a living. Look at Victor in that movie. The guy is in his 40's and he's broke and he was a former number 2 guy. Yes, he made poor decisions and got bad breaks but if you're number two in the world at any other sport u will never worry about money again. Bodybuilding is like table tennis or something. The last guy on the bench in mlb is making more than 99% of bodybuilders. It's an insane thing to pursue. I started laughing watching that movie when Rolly Winkler won the show in finland. The announcer was like "please take the $1000 check to......give me a break. $1000???? They spent that in a week on food and drugs. The best guys in the world make 1000$ at a pro show? That is a complete joke. I know some of you will say it's not about the money and that's right if your doing this for yourself. But, not the way these guys are luving.

Last edited:
I watched that video.... If you pay attention early on in the video they say he chose to film at his old apartment. ... and that he has a new condo uptown... but he wanted people to see his struggle on the come up....

Back
Top Bottom